Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        You got knocked tha fuggout !

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon19: :icon19: :icon19:

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unlucky :L

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw this on TV a while back. That fucker got owned. :)

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the pimp hadnt done anything other than walk towards him then the karate poof sucker punched him :lol:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 03:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

poor pimp - his hat *poofed* right off his head.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nicely done. Very nicely done. Except I wouldn't have cared that he was beating the hooker. She probably deserved it because she wasn't paying up.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it wasnt a sucker punch. the pimp started coming toward him in a agressive and threatening manner that byitself is battery.

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 09:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Allright how do you block images again? Testos sig is the most annoying thing i have ever seen

I like how they say 'karate master' lol

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 10:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Strangler wrote:
it wasnt a sucker punch. the pimp started coming toward him in a agressive and threatening manner that byitself is battery.

No, it isn't. It can be construed as assault, but battery is the physical act.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

once somebody gets in your personal space or is walking toward you and threatening you you have the legal right to use force to defend yourself.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's not debating that. He is simply pointing out the difference between 'assault' and 'battery.' The karate guy had the right to defend himself from the aggressor. As far as the legal issues go, karateman did everything right. He was not walking towards the other guy, he took one shot and did not go any further with force than what was required to stop the situation (and I only know this because my good friend is a criminal defense attorney whom I just talked with about a similar but unrelated situation to this one).

Most people get fucked in the legal system with the self-defense plea when they proceed to start kicking the guy in the stomach, etc., after they knock him down.

get ready for the sucker punch!
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 11:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that foo got knowed out wit a forearm! :lol:

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 11:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've got one of those shots saved for you case...don't forget that. :ninja:

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:

:icon19:

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 11:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:paranoid:

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 11:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah dude that move is fucking hardcore. I took classes for about a year and my sensei said this one guy who mastered that back-hand technique can shatter a ping pong ball with it.

The trick is to come at the object with an open hand and then snap it shut on impact.

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah ok kane.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
Yeah ok kane.

Kracus, of all people at these forums, you are the last person who should be making a comment about somebody else discussing a fighting technique, or anything to do with fighting., with all the tales you've told about how streetfights are just part of your 'line of work', etc., etc., etc., etc....

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:
tnf wrote:

Seriously. You won't know when, or where, but one day it will happen. And then I will say "put that in your next q3w rap. bitch."

:icon34:

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
Kracus wrote:
Yeah ok kane.

Kracus, of all people at these forums, you are the last person who should be making a comment about somebody else discussing a fighting technique, or anything to do with fighting., with all the tales you've told about how streetfights are just part of your 'line of work', etc., etc., etc., etc....

Yeah that's why I said that stupid. I know what a real fight is like and your not snapping ping bong balls.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 12:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
tnf wrote:
Kracus wrote:
Yeah ok kane.

Yeah that's why I said that stupid. I know what a real fight is like and your not snapping ping bong balls.

You ever tried it? If you have enough energy behind your backhand to make a ping pong ball explode that shit is going to hurt. Now I'm not going to argue that there is actually someone who can do it, just something I heard.

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
CaseDogg wrote:
tnf wrote:

Seriously. You won't know when, or where, but one day it will happen. And then I will say "put that in your next q3w rap. bitch."

i'll believe it when it happens. in other words, all id have to do iz get you in a head lock and twist your back and you'd be cryin like a lil hoe! :icon19:

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 12:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Case's Pimp-fu is mighty.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
tnf wrote:
Kracus wrote:
Yeah ok kane.

He never said it was like snapping ping pong balls. He was referring to the amount of force you can generate with the snapping motion.

Is fighting like breaking boards? No. Is it like breaking bricks with your forehead? No. But do those demonstrations show how much force you can generate with proper technique? Yes.

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wont argue a strong backhand is a strong backhand but it really doesn't take much strength to pop a ping pong ball and if you're trying to tell me buddy does it without touching the thing then he's full of shit and you're buying it.

I've popped plenty of ping pong balls myself actualy and if I backhanded one I'd expect it to pop. Their ping pong balls ffs, might as well be an egg.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:
tnf wrote:
CaseDogg wrote:
tnf wrote:

i'll believe it when it happens. in other words, all id have to do iz get you in a head lock and twist your back and you'd be cryin like a lil hoe! :icon19:

Sorry, but with the metal plate and screws the bones in the neck are actually healed up stronger than before. Besides, if you tried the headlock I would pick you up and pull an atomic drop on you, then I would give you a leg-sweep, then throw on the figure 4 leglock until you submitted. I didn't want to have to pull out the figure 4 on you, case, but you've left me no choice.

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 12:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lets get it on!

and not sexually :p

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
I wont argue a strong backhand is a strong backhand but it really doesn't take much strength to pop a ping pong ball and if you're trying to tell me buddy does it without touching the thing then he's full of shit and you're buying it.

I've popped plenty of ping pong balls myself actualy and if I backhanded one I'd expect it to pop. Their ping pong balls ffs, might as well be an egg.

I don't think he does it without touching it, that wasn't the issue I had with your post. You said "fighting isn't like breaking ping pong balls." I don't see where he said you can do it without touching it, either. Maybe I missed that part. But tell you what, show me a video of you snapping a ping-pong ball with a backhand and shattering it. Remember, these things are hit with rubber and even wooden paddles with sandpaper with a LOT of force and don't break every time (they will after enough use when seal holding the two halves weakens). So I want to see you break one by slapping it with the back of your hand. I want to see you generate more force with the back of your hand than a world-class ping pong player can with a paddle.

Dumbshit.

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you're so upset and angry now. well at least we know what marrige does. :rolleyes:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he's getting worse

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:
you're so upset and angry now. well at least we know what marrige does. :rolleyes:

No, it isn't marriage. I've just been barraged with stupidity lately (at work, primarily, and not from students) so my patience is wearing thin for it.

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
he's getting worse

so it seems. poor thing. maybe it's deep seeded regret. :shrug:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
he's getting worse

i wuz talking bout krapus

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
he's getting worse

/begin sarcastic guilt trip
Funny case, I can still remember when you emailed me about why people were deleting your threads all those years ago, and my trying to help you out at the time....and now look at you...turning on me and shit. Wow.
/end

I feel so....betrayed...confused....

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No it's just that a ping bong balls dents easy if your pushing into it with a knuckle or a finger. I've done it before and popped one, I'd be surprised if you couldn't.

There's a lot of tricks and techniques to these things to make them look cool and unbeleivable when really their just tricks. Just like a cool golf swing. Just because you can throw a golf ball in the air and hit it with a 9 iron doesn't nean you're a pro golfer you follow?

I've been in breakings before (that's what we called events where the Kyoshin class would break wood, bricks, bats etc etc...

And even those have techniques and once you've learned the technique and have enough strength it's really not difficult. I've broken bats over my shins and wooden boards, I never did bricks but I was only practiced for 2 years. Around here it's also got a different name it's called KyoKushin Kay. Anyway, my point is still the same, ping pong balls crush easy, maybe not on a wooden paddle but in your hand they should and if you struck one back handed on a knuckle I suspect it'd have the same effect.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.