Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        You got knocked tha fuggout !

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:
you're so upset and angry now. well at least we know what marrige does. :rolleyes:

No, it isn't marriage. I've just been barraged with stupidity lately (at work, primarily, and not from students) so my patience is wearing thin for it.

get ready for the sucker punch!
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
he's getting worse

so it seems. poor thing. maybe it's deep seeded regret. :shrug:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
he's getting worse

i wuz talking bout krapus

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
he's getting worse

/begin sarcastic guilt trip
Funny case, I can still remember when you emailed me about why people were deleting your threads all those years ago, and my trying to help you out at the time....and now look at you...turning on me and shit. Wow.
/end

I feel so....betrayed...confused....

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No it's just that a ping bong balls dents easy if your pushing into it with a knuckle or a finger. I've done it before and popped one, I'd be surprised if you couldn't.

There's a lot of tricks and techniques to these things to make them look cool and unbeleivable when really their just tricks. Just like a cool golf swing. Just because you can throw a golf ball in the air and hit it with a 9 iron doesn't nean you're a pro golfer you follow?

I've been in breakings before (that's what we called events where the Kyoshin class would break wood, bricks, bats etc etc...

And even those have techniques and once you've learned the technique and have enough strength it's really not difficult. I've broken bats over my shins and wooden boards, I never did bricks but I was only practiced for 2 years. Around here it's also got a different name it's called KyoKushin Kay. Anyway, my point is still the same, ping pong balls crush easy, maybe not on a wooden paddle but in your hand they should and if you struck one back handed on a knuckle I suspect it'd have the same effect.

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
I wont argue a strong backhand is a strong backhand but it really doesn't take much strength to pop a ping pong ball and if you're trying to tell me buddy does it without touching the thing then he's full of shit and you're buying it.

I've popped plenty of ping pong balls myself actualy and if I backhanded one I'd expect it to pop. Their ping pong balls ffs, might as well be an egg.

:icon19: Let's see it then.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Forget the ping pong ball, I want to see him breaking the baseball bats. That would be pretty cool.

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
Forget the ping pong ball, I want to see him breaking the baseball bats. That would be pretty cool.

Or a shin

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
CaseDogg wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
he's getting worse

Funny case, I can still remember when you emailed me about why people were deleting your threads all those years ago, and my trying to help you out at the time....and now look at you...turning on me and shit. Wow.
/end

i know, i remember that too. i could talk about what you e-mailed me too but i wont. (nothing gay or anything) but yeah, everyseence you found i was gay AND outdpoken and i didint head you advise to shut up about it you've acted differently. but it's all good. i think we've switched places though. i don't care ANYWERE near as much as i usta about what people on here think, and you're all up in arms in a GD thread! :icon19: time change i geusse.

Last edited by CaseDogg on 02-27-2005 01:31 PM, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

anyways, gotta go, kiss the wifie for me, or you can wiat and i'll do it myself. ;)

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:

Well that I CAN do and it's not as impressive as it sounds really. You have one or two people hold a bat at an angle on the ground and you kick through the thin portion of the bat with your shin. It hurts a little but it wont kill ya. You just have to have the proper hip technique in your kick cause you come down on the top of bat in a downward angle not sideways like you would expect.

One breaking I tried to do it and couldn't. I dunno if it was the bat or my technique or the two that were holding the bat but it was pretty embarrasing. I wound up breaking the bat with an axe kick instead. But again it's not that impressive, bricks are impressive or multiple slabs of wood are impressive like 8+ but basic wooden boards or a baseball bat isn't anything hard it just looks cool.

Why don't you go to a karate school nearby and find out when the next breaking is? Maybe make a school trip out of it they are really neat to watch and you would probably enjoy watching one.

edit: shit my whole point about this post was to point out why it's so easy. The two people holding the bat press down on the bat to apply pressure to the bat and it kinda flexes barelty noticably but you have to have it flex down so the angle you hold the bat is important and as I kick at the bat they move towards my leg causing a harder overall impact breaking the bat much more easily than I would otherwise with my shin.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The trick to breaking is just to have the object being held very firmly by someone else. It can't be allowed to move when it's hit.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:
tnf wrote:
CaseDogg wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
he's getting worse

/end

i know, i remember that too. i could talk about what you e-mailed me too but i wont. (nothing gay or anything but still not cool to post it) but yeah, everyseence you found i was gay AND outdpoken and i didint head you advise to shut up about it you've acted differently. but it's all good. i think we've switched places though. i don't care ANYWERE near as much as i usta about what people on here think, and you're all up in arms in a GD thread! :icon19: time change i geusse.

1) I am not up in arms. You tend to think people are more 'up in arms' then they really are.
2) I wasn't being very serious (that's what sarcasm is)
3) I'm sorry you perceive me acting differently.
4) We haven't switched places.

But really, who gives a fuck?
BTW- I never told you to shut up about being gay.
From what I remember about your online 'coming out' I simply didn't understand why, once you said you were gay, everything regarding you (said by you or to you or about you) had to be prefaced with the fact that you were gay. Again, I figured, who gives a fuck? Case is case, gay or straight. My opinion didn't really change. :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 11:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the hard thing about breaking a ping pong ball with your hands is that I'm presuming the ball is in mid air at the time, meaning there isn't a solid surface to provide inertia. Which means that the impulse alone has to shatter it.

Imagine breaking a bat that was floating in mid air, versus the way kracus described - much much harder.

Also - keep in mind we're talking about shattering, not denting.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 11:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Strangler wrote:
once somebody gets in your personal space or is walking toward you and threatening you you have the legal right to use force to defend yourself.

Jesus christ. :icon27:

PostPosted: 02-28-2005 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[xeno]Julios wrote:
I think the hard thing about breaking a ping pong ball with your hands is that I'm presuming the ball is in mid air at the time, meaning there isn't a solid surface to provide inertia. Which means that the impulse alone has to shatter it.

Imagine breaking a bat that was floating in mid air, versus the way kracus described - much much harder.

Also - keep in mind we're talking about shattering, not denting.

Yeah that would be incredible.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 02:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol...I guess I need to be more specific when I post things. What the hell did you think I meant by shattering it with your back-hand kracus?

PostPosted: 02-28-2005 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I figured it was taped to a board or something. Or on a table. I didn't figure mid air.

PostPosted: 02-28-2005 02:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice timing there retard.

PostPosted: 02-28-2005 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're nothing more than a troll, so whats your point? Oh, nothing.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.