Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trailer

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 04:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shiv4 wrote:
If you read the book, you wouldn't take Marvin's words so serious :rolleyes:
Now, go and enjoy your digital watch ;)

At least I can keep my towel.

Don't be koi
Don't be koi
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 11:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You guys know that The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy is only one of the five great books in the trilogy, right? Anybody read the others?

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 12:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

jup

Don't be koi
Don't be koi
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 12:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shh, I'm fishing for noobs. :icon33:

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 12:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

damnit, you gave away the trilogy joke :mad:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 12:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think it will be that americanized, I saw the official trailer and another one, and a lecture by Robbie Stamp. It looks like most of the production crew is English, they did animatronics instead of all cg which is a very british thing. They are going to use the theme from the TV series. Someone asked if Disney made them to dumb it down to 8 year old level and Stamp claimed that Disney has left them alone about that. He said that one of Douglas Adams' dreams was to see the book made into a movie. Much of the dialog seems intact, at least what we saw in the two trailers. He said they had created some new stuff, because Adams wanted it to be different every time it was done, for radio, TV and the movie. They have a new " point of view" gun, when you shoot someone with it, they automatically understand your point of view. The Marvin robot from the TV series will make a brief appearance in the movie. I was worried that it would be too americanized, too, but I came away with a pretty good feeling about it, that it's gonna be British. Hope I'm right.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 01:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ajerara wrote:
They have a new " point of view" gun, when you shoot someone with it, they automatically understand your point of view.

Lol :D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 02:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did anyone listen to the new BBC radio series broadcast a few months ago?

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Myth wrote:
Did anyone listen to the new BBC radio series broadcast a few months ago?

missed it, did anyone mp3 it?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

l0g1c wrote:
You guys know that The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy is only one of the five great books in the trilogy, right? Anybody read the others?

I've read:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Resturant at the End of the Universe
Life, The Universe and Everything
So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

What is the 5th one?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mostly harmless.

The last two are woefully bad.

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, SLATFATF is fricking great, you just didn't get it, man.

Mostly Harmless is alright, but Adams had slipped into crochety old bugger mode by then which is why the whole book is affected by an atmosphere of abject misery and the ending is crap.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, the ending of Mostly harmless was a big anti climax :(

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 12:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My favourite is The Resturant at the End of the Universe. Vey original concept in that book.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I read the trilogy and watched the movie some times. Last year I got the DVD box :)
I never read the fish book and Mostly Harmless, cos I was told they were not that good.

Anyway, I will watch the remake although I have a little doubt that it works. Eric Idle didn't work in american comedy. But no matter if it is americanized or not, a good part of the comedy in the original HHG came from crappy effects and low budget design and that part will obviously be replaced with up to date cgraphics.

but I'm waiting gobberwartly for 04/29

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.