Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What recent movies have you seen?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 07:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw Van Wylder a few days ago. I was a little disappointed after hearing all the talk, TBH.

Plus, every time I see a cream filled twinkie I get the sudden urge to vomit.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 07:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Brought the Matrix box set for £6, the big green on with all the extras.

Watched them each night. Still amazes me how much the second sucked...

God
God
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

or it's just the cool thing to say it sucks.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jackal wrote:

Is it?

All I remember is loving the first, snoozing the second and enjoying the third.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saw the second matrix again sunday. i had fun :icon14:

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jackal wrote:

no - it's a fact. same applies to the third one. - of course; set in relation to the first movie. they just failed to continue it properly. still a good action flic though. bla. some mediocre fighting scenes etc. taking itself to serious. blaah. clichee coolnees. blak. blubb.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The first matrix rocked. My fiancee died for that movie, she watched it all the time, loved it.

She saw the second was and she was so pissed off with it. It just wasn't a "film", just a show case of what nice effects they could do with a slight story in the background.

The third, was a lot better than the second, but still no first.

God
God
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

must be why you bought the boxed set then

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jackal wrote:
must be why you bought the boxed set then

I brought the boxset because i enjoyed the first and the third, i liked the animatrix and i found the extras cool.

I also collect box sets :p

But just because i didn't enjoy the second one as much as the other two, does that mean i should pass up on the box set for £6?

fuck that.

God
God
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know. Crap is cheap, but I stil don't go out and buy it.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jackal wrote:
I don't know. Crap is cheap, but I stil don't go out and buy it.

Thats fine and all, but you seem to be missing the point that i enjoyed 2 out of 3. Therefore, it was a good buy.

Hell, I could sell it on ebay for more if i've pissed you off that much?

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

spending money on crap is called luxury.

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just saw a short film by Tim Burton called Vincent. Very impresive stuff for a 5 min film.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 11:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is that the animated puppet film? It's absolute fucking class :icon14: :icon14:

berserker
berserker
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 07:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Took the wife to see Hitch. Good movie. :icon14:

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Triplets of Belleville. Should've won the Oscar last year instead of Finding Nemo. It's great. :icon14:

I also watched Winged Migration on a lark. It's actually kind of interesting to watch. Great cinematography for something that's neither fiction nor a documentary. Parts of it get old quickly, though.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

anyone see training day?

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Strangler wrote:
anyone see Aryan Assmasters of Cellblock D?

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah, I was too busy getting raped after accidentally dropping the remote.

Matrix 2 was infinitely better than three, which is only the second movie I've ever fallen asleep watching.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's a clue to what I watched last night on TV...

"You want answers?"
"I want the truth!"
"You cant handle the truth"
"Fuck you Nicholson you bald old cunt"

It was the director's cut.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 09:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"into the mirror"

watched it last night after the footie. fairly typical creepy asian horror-lite for the most part but well worth checking out.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 09:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched XXX State of the Union last night. It was terrible beyond words and I usually like cheesy action/sci-fi flicks.

One Sweet Mullet
One Sweet Mullet
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind www.imdb.com last night. i thought it was a great film. :)

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 10:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Blade: Trinity. Near total crap.
A Series of Jim Carey Hogging the Camera Scenes. Not too bad, entertaining at least.
MST3K: Hercules vs. The Moon Men. Good stuff, Joel was so much funnier than Mike.
Some others that were obviously forgettable as I don't remember what they were.

Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw House of Flying Daggers on Sunday. It was pretty good - very beautiful although not as epic as Hero, but I don't like how the script left out some things. For example, what happened to the Daggers in the end? All you saw was the soldiers closing in on their lair, and then nothing more. Perhaps it's a well known story in China, but it would have been nice to find out what happened.

PostPosted: 05-04-2005 11:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And yes, I do realize that it is a love story, not a war movie, but you can't leave story points open like that, it's just sloppy.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

inphlict wrote:
Watched Motorcycle Diaries, great movie really enjoyed it.

Also a week ago I saw I love huckabees, I also liked it.

Half way through Alexander and it's quite bad, battle scenes are sort of good thou.

Im wathcing Motorcycle Diaries now, great movie

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et fili, et spiritus sancti.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

anyone seen white noise? im about to watch it, feel free to try and stop me :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its ok. nuttin special

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et fili, et spiritus sancti.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dmmh wrote:
inphlict wrote:
Watched Motorcycle Diaries, great movie really enjoyed it.

Also a week ago I saw I love huckabees, I also liked it.

Half way through Alexander and it's quite bad, battle scenes are sort of good thou.

Im wathcing Motorcycle Diaries now, great movie

goddamn does this movie own. I love the way the begining of the movie sets your mind into the wrong direction, and so amplifying the bigger meaning of the film. wicked camera work with an even greater story. music is very suiting too btw

highly recommended

Last edited by dmmh on 05-04-2005 01:38 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 01:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its a good one for MQ, as he seems to love communism so much.
not that youll find much of that in this movie, in fact, if they wouldnt have used his name youd never notice.
but hey, it isnt about capitalism either :smirk:

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Debbie does Dallas.

Pure nostalgia.

Eye-like balls
Eye-like balls
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 01:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I watched Be Cool recently. It was ok :icon14:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.