Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Ok, this looks insanely good!!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Ok, this looks insanely good!!

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 06:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.crashday-game.de/pages_e/news.htm

[lvlshot]http://www.crashday.de/img/crashday/ss/41.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.crashday.de/img/crashday/ss/36.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.crashday.de/img/crashday/ss/5.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.crashday.de/img/crashday/ss/39.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.crashday.de/img/crashday/ss/34.jpg[/lvlshot]

YES its ingame shots.

Video here: http://www.ish.com/download/crashday_tr ... 40x480.zip

Release is set to late 2005(guessing nov/dec)

Edit*

Features and gametypes:

Crashday main features
*Stunt racing game with convincing stunt physics
*Absolute freedom of movement
*Powerful, easy-to-use track editor
(containing sets for country side environments, race tracks, highways, towns & cities,
offroad tracks, stunt pieces and much more)

*Numerous game modes (+ team-based modes)
*Full multiplayer support via Internet and LAN
*Career mode
*13 varietal, detailed vehicles
*Detailed damage model including real-time dents,
detachable car parts and breakable headlights and car windows

*Numerous tuning possibilities
(wings, rims, engine, decals/airbrush, performance exhausts...)

*Car accessories and weapons optionally available
*Support for savable replays files

*Possibility to build an almost unlimited number of racing tracks with the flexible track editor
(Track files without preview picture only 5-50KB in size, suitable for

*online matches and fansite track downloads)
*Create custom cars afterwards (by SDK)
*Create custom track pieces afterwards
(jumps etc.) (by SDK)
*New time-of-day settings can be installed

Game modes:

Stunt Mode
(team-play capable)

Give whatever it takes to set highscores in stunt mode with stunning action!
Jumps, loops, roll overs, flips, spins... here's Tony Hawk with cars!

Racing Mode
Attack best times or race against other players on default or custom tracks -
choose between city sets, offroad sets, highway road pieces, racing track elements
and much more...

Wrecking Mode
(team-play capable)

Put on your helmet and step into your vehicle - it's time for some wrecking!
If you like cars smashing into each other, that's your mode. And in case you are still not satisfied
get yourself some "support" with a rocket launcher or minigun!

Knock Out Mode
Just be quicker than the slowest driver on the track - after each lap completed the last driver is kicked out of race until there's only one last man standing!

Speed Bomb Mode
(formerly known as "secret mode")

Watch out, someone installed a bomb in your car and it's blowing up if you're getting too slow!
Now let's see how long you can continue to stay alive on the right route!

Capture The Flag
(team-play capable)

Catch the flag by crashing into your opponents and bring it back to the flag point! Or better let you help out by a team member by passing the flag over with a missile shot.

Pass The Bomb Mode
It might be YOU who was chosen to carry out a bomb that explodes after a certain bomb timer expired! So better quickly pass over that thingy to anyone else before it's time to say good-bye!

Test Drive
Test drive tracks, cars or car setups without any rule restrictions (singleplayer only).

OMG! .... adds to buy list.

Last edited by reefsurfer on 02-28-2005 06:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 06:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks good but at the same time it looks like photos were used for textures.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 06:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
HOLY SHIT

wow..

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 06:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

inphlict wrote:

Watch the video. :icon31:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 06:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched the video.. im a little less impressed.. but still impressed..

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stunt mode and wrecking mode in MP is what im looking forward too!
CTF mode sounds kewl aswell.

eepberries
eepberries
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 06:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer wrote:

Doubtful. This was in Midnight Club. It was pretty boring/annoying.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 06:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

right, sticking with stunt and wrecking mode then. :icon31:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 06:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

all that jumping and crashing is for seven year old retarded children, but it looks okay besides that...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 12:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

waah this has been in development for such a long time! But damn this looks good. Supposed to be the "stunts killer" so to speak. I wonder how it'll be compared to Trackmania Sunrise.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 12:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ARE YOU MORE EXCITED ABOUT THIS GAME, OR THAT OTHER ONE?

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 12:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow - amazing gfx; esp. shot 2

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 12:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that last pic bugs me. i hate it when they do broken glass that way, its too generic. Burnout3 suffered the same thing.. whenever someone crashed, all windows would be instantly shattered.. looks real weird on a bus with 15 windows n stuff :o

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 12:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally someone realized that upping the contrast on the textures does make them look more realistic.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 01:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
ARE YOU MORE EXCITED ABOUT THIS GAME, OR THAT OTHER ONE?

:icon19:

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 01:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
HOLY SHIT

:icon14:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 04:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The game need pedestrians.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 04:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks fantastic. But the video says "Spring 2005" which to me sounds like it's comming out soon.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 04:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It does look good, but a few things are letting me down;

texture seems
texture consistency (i.e. grass will be sharp one second, but right next to it, its larger in scale so its blury?)
The cars (Just seem to be missing something, dunno what it is? Maybe the lighting doesn't quite match the levels?)

Other than that, ti looks fucking class. But nothing iwll ever beat Burnout 4, no matter how good it looks :D

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 04:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

inphlict wrote:

Developers have been using photographs as a base for textures since time began. Nothing new there.

Anyone know which engine they're using?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 04:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know, if those shots has AA on, i probably would lof looked at them and first said "Photos" they are that cool. All the "blueish" ones rock my socks.

FragaGeddon
FragaGeddon
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 06:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like it'll be fun.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 07:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
I But nothing iwll ever beat Burnout 4

WTH?
All i heard was that its in the works... havent seen any pics or videos.
I demand pics! :icon33:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 07:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have no idea how i typed all that in that way.

"nothign will ever beat burnout 3" :paranoid:

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 07:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This looks exactly like a ripped-off (albeit pretty) version of Stunts (4D Sports Driving), all the way down to the track editor. I used to love that game but this, for whatever reason, doesn't look that great to me. :shrug:

edit... ah HA... I see from the site it is a Stunts sequel. I don't remember Atari making the original, but meh.. whatever.

Heh, from the FAQ:
Quote:
Can "wrecked players" leave the car and be ran over by others?

No. In comparison to other games like for example "Carmageddon" or "Grand Theft Auto" it is not our aim to have any violent aspects in the game as we actually only want to focus on a gameplay that's fun and not in the sense of killing people.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 07:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

werldhed, if Stunts is your cup of tea, maybe you'll like this as well:

http://www.trackmaniagame.com/

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 07:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got trackmania + exp pack for free from work yesterday. They are giving them away free :shrug:

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

anyone remember that old-school arcade machine Hard Drivin' ... well, after watching the trailer for this game; that was the first thought that rushed into my head. (holy crap, this is a 21st century hard drivin' game)

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Thanks, Eraser. The more I think about it, though, a nicer version of Stunts sounds like fun. I certainly wouldn't be buying it for the realism or originality anyway, so Crashday is starting to pique my interest a bit more. :icon17:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 10:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

werldhed wrote:
Eraser wrote:

Thanks, Eraser. The more I think about it, though, a nicer version of Stunts sounds like fun. I certainly wouldn't be buying it for the realism or originality anyway, so Crashday is starting to pique my interest a bit more. :icon17:

Yep I feel the same way about realism. Too many games try to be realistic these days, give me some good old arcade racer where you can take corners at 100kmh

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

eepberries wrote:
reefsurfer wrote:

Doubtful. This was in Midnight Club. It was pretty boring/annoying.

yea, but this has Missiles ... CMON! Missiles!

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 10:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey, dont gimmie your attatude just because your computer cant run anything post 1998.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 10:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, is that what rape is called these days? "Mr.Driller"

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 11:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

I did actually find a game called 'Battle Raper' the other day though :)

ISO >:E!

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 04:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Remember Stunt Car Racer? Now THAT was a fun racing game :icon32:

Hell yeah. "Creeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkk...."

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.