Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        A dic for forum’s slangs and emoticons?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: A dic for forum’s slangs and emoticons?

PostPosted: 12-27-2005 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In your free/boring times, would you be willing to post in here some translations of the terms used in here like…TBH or WTF. I know those but I noticed that there are other members who have asked for the meaning of some others before. And also the emoticons.
I know…. I will be the biggest user of it may be but.
With the mods permission, we could make it a sticky thread as a type of a dictionary.
May be you could even make new ones.
What do you think?

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 12-27-2005 06:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 12-27-2005 06:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pete has a good heart.

neh
neh
PostPosted: 12-27-2005 06:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Pete has a good heart.

just the mind thats wanting then? well at least thats something

PostPosted: 12-27-2005 06:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know, when pete started posting here we bashed and bashed be he persisted and never bashed back. He won us with ghandi tactics, and a little help form his pool buddy. GG pete.

but just in case you really are an alt, fuck right off

PostPosted: 12-27-2005 06:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
You know, when pete started posting here we bashed and bashed be he persisted and never bashed back. He won us with ghandi tactics, and a little help form his pool buddy. GG pete.

Hey! Right there, what is GG?
And please don't start again with the alt thing I know someone who will be furious again.

Numero Uno
Numero Uno
PostPosted: 12-27-2005 06:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pete, good kid. Tries hard. :drool:

PostPosted: 12-27-2005 06:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

pete wrote:
andyman wrote:

Hey! Right there, what is GG?
And please don't start again with the alt thing I know someone who will be furious again.

Look it up in the link that was provided in post #2

PostPosted: 12-27-2005 06:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:

Heart warming. Of course, I knew of pete's potential from the beginning.

PostPosted: 12-27-2005 06:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[quote="andyman"][quote="pete"][quote="andyman"]You know, when pete started posting here we bashed and bashed be he persisted and never bashed back. He won us with ghandi tactics, and a little help form his pool buddy. GG pete.
----------------------------
Thanks my favorite GI but should I take the definition of the positives ones or the others...Sorry couldn't just paste the link for that page, so

Urban Dictionary is a slang dictionary with your definitions. Define your world.browse add edit wall book press daily email ads tools newest
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z randomno images (add)
3 sounds (add)
advertise on UD

< GFYS GG gg allin >
thesaurus: bg, nub, fg, gfg, t-girl
1. GG link send redefine 105 up, 20 down

"Good Game"

1. A polite remark uttered after the end of a round, game, or other measured interval to indicate that a match was fair and enjoyable. Usually uttered collectively by the occupants of a game server. The opposite of BG

2. A condescending remark, often uttered by somebody who does not know meaning 1, and is simply repeating what others have told them.1. At round end:
<Volmarias> gg
<Rill-a-roni> gg
<Dagashi> gg
<Asno> gg
<Tard> gg

2. "OMG WUT DO U MEAN IM CHEATIN U JUST SUK FAGS HAHAHAHA GG UR SERVER IS GAY"
Source: Volmarias, Apr 29, 2003
2. gg link send redefine 62 up, 16 down

Overused to the point of vulgarity abbreviation intended to stand for "good game." When people say it no matter what (especially when the winners say it), it dilutes the phrase to the point of meaninglessness. They might as well just say "hahah we kicked your asses."

Come on people, if it was a good game, say "damn that was a good game."

If it was shitty or merely mediocre, don't dilute a phrase that could be used as a compliment if it didn't mean jack squat.<Everyone on winning team> gg
<Cowclops> Shut the FUCK up. That was NOT a good game. You fucking slaughtered us. YOU played well, but we did not, so don't patronize us with halfassed "pleasantries" when you're really just being dingleberries.
Source: Cowclops, Jan 15, 2004
3. GG link send redefine 62 up, 23 down

Exclamation: A way of resignedly expressing one's own defeat or disgust with a situation. Often followed by the object in question.*toy breaks*
person: gg plastic

person was killed by headshot from awp
person: gg overpowered awp

Cats: You have no chance to survive, make your time.
Captain: gg
Source: weee, Sep 10, 2003
4. gg link send redefine 19 up, 3 down

phrase used in multiplayer computer games meaning "good game." if two or more players have fought a good, hard battle, a "gg," usually first uttered by the losing player, is a polite way of admitting a loss. usually, the winning player follows with another "gg", meaning, "yes, good game."
however, if followed by a rude comment, such as "gg bitch," it means the opponent thinks he has won, or has no respect. some ruder gosu players sometimes will say, "gg", followed by "no re" meaning, no rematch, you're too weak for me.positive:
4K.Grubby has devastated sk.Zacard's base sk.Zacard: "GG"
4K.Grubby: "gg"

negative:
4K.Grubby has devastated sk.Zacard's base
4K.Grubby: "GG KTHX NO RE N00B"
sk.Zacard: "WTF?"
Source: ~~0xXH311H4wkXx0~~, Oct 24, 2004
5. gg link send redefine 6 up, 2 down

abbreviation for "good game". depending on the context in which it is used it is either a compliment or a salty, halfassed insult. also can be said as "gfg" (good fucking game) when extremes of the matter are in question.(polite)gg my friend, that was an exciting, exilirating game!!
(insulting)gg ogl scurb gtfo stfu an get soem skillz joo nubcake
Source: ksharp, Jul 5, 2003
6. GG link send redefine 6 up, 5 down

Good Game. Depending on context, it is either insulting or polite. If GG is uttered after you've been utterly crushed in a game, then it is purely condescending and insulting; otherwise, it should be considered a polite remark.
I can't believe you managed to break through all my tanks, GG!

Source: anonymous, Jan 18, 2003
7. gg link send redefine 4 up, 4 down

Good Game. To give up.SlayerS_`BoxeR`: gg
Me: gg
SlayerS_`BoxeR` has left the game.
Source: mahc, la crescenta, Jul 16, 2005
8. GG link send redefine 2 up, 2 down

An expression of being annoyed or seeing something that is stupid or otherwise bothersome.Usually used at the end of a statement.Used most commonly during internet gaming or chat. Comes from the phrase Good Game.OMG, Your clan is full of noobs...GG

Wow ur a fucking retard, GG
Source: Nash, Jan 27, 2005
9. gg link send redefine 3 up, 3 down

good going

Derived from the over use of the acronym good game.I'ma go put my laundry in and then do some cold chillin. GG
Source: blizack, Jun 27, 2004
10. gg link send redefine 5 up, 6 down

Either a phrase used to end a competitive match politely, or used sarcastically to be an insult to the opposition.(-_-) <I>gnorance : GG CLAN FACE PWNS JOO!!!
(-_-) |S|ubmission : I ROXORS YOUR BOXORS YOU NUBLET- GG
(-_-) *L*ust : GG IM AZN AND I ROXOR YOU CUZ I DITCH MY CLAN TO HANG OUT WITH ASIANS!!!
Source: AMY KAO, Jan 5, 2004
38 definitions: 1 2 3 4 next
home | add | edit | wall | book | press | daily email | ads | tools | newest
Urban Dictionary is not appropriate for all audiences. ©1999-2005. terms of service | feedback | tools | rss

PostPosted: 12-27-2005 07:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DIAF

PostPosted: 12-27-2005 07:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol fyad

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 12-27-2005 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
You know, when pete started posting here we bashed and bashed be he persisted and never bashed back.

I didn't.

PostPosted: 12-27-2005 08:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scourge34 wrote:
andyman wrote:
You know, when pete started posting here we bashed and bashed be he persisted and never bashed back.

I didn't.

True.
He's the one with Bdw3, Oblivion, form, who helped me coming in here.
So now, if you are annoyed with me, bash Scourge, that's his fault.

supercomputer
supercomputer
PostPosted: 12-27-2005 08:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you want a list of all the "internet lingo"

http://www.netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm

Most people only use a few, brb, lol, wtf, afk, imo.

PostPosted: 12-27-2005 09:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BlueGene wrote:
If you want a list of all the "internet lingo"

http://www.netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm

Most people only use a few, brb, lol, wtf, afk, imo.

Added to favorites. Thanks

supercomputer
supercomputer
PostPosted: 12-27-2005 09:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

np. (no problem :P)

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 12-27-2005 09:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

pete wrote:
scourge34 wrote:
andyman wrote:

I didn't.

True.
He's the one with Bdw3, Oblivion, form, who helped me coming in here.
So now, if you are annoyed with me, bash Scourge, that's his fault.

Lol.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.