Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        I think my computer is dieing...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: I think my computer is dieing...

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 11:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Something is very wrong.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 12:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that seems about right

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 12:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I smell danger.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 12:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
Something is very wrong.

weird.. lately mines been acting funny too.. total lockups for no reason what so ever.. kinda pissing me off tbh....

running shit tons of memory tests, heat watching, and simple defrag and anti virus shit.. nothing seems broken, yet, it dont want to work right..

hm.. bad format maybe.. sigh..

i blame these POS western digital HDs.. fucking WD..

PostPosted: 03-08-2005 12:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my keyboard port is fucked. It might be shorting or something, my comp's internal speaker is screaming every so often.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 12:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's because of those recent solar flares.

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 12:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

omg the govarment ar spying on yuo!!!1

get ready for the sucker punch!
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 12:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

spy wares a bitch.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 01:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

who's spy and why is he warezing a bitch ?

PostPosted: 03-08-2005 01:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hmmmm, good question. :icon6:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 02:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:
spy wares a bitch.

to bad its not that for me. :dork:

*wank*
*wank*
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 02:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Massive Quasars wrote:
Something is very wrong.

weird.. lately mines been acting funny too.. total lockups for no reason what so ever.. kinda pissing me off tbh....

running shit tons of memory tests, heat watching, and simple defrag and anti virus shit.. nothing seems broken, yet, it dont want to work right..

hm.. bad format maybe.. sigh..

i blame these POS western digital HDs.. fucking WD..

IRQ conflict? When I did a clean install with a new 6600Gt and Audigy 2 card, my computer suddenly started to reboot for some reaon, pissing the hell out of me.

Finally after a thousand sudden reboots I got one BDOD saying it was IRQ conflict.

So I installed the soundcard on different slot and problem solved.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 03:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yesterday was endless computer troubles -- first, a monitor died/exploded. second, the internet stopped working, for no reason. third, my main computer reset for no reason, then it locked up, then it reset for no reason again. a second computer wouldn't load xp, and my laptop was being generally flaky.

today, all's good.

:paranoid:

Paragon of Cruelty
Paragon of Cruelty
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 05:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
my keyboard port is fucked. It might be shorting or something, my comp's internal speaker is screaming every so often.

My keyboard port died when I installed XP SP2. I know it's extremely unlikely that software could ruin hardware, but it's an incredible coincidence don't you think? Before SP2 - keyboard worked fine. As soon as it was done installing - keyboard stopped working (by that I mean the port was dead - keyboard doesn't even light up at boot, can't use it to get to the BIOS - nothing).

Got new keyboard - still didn't work.
Reformatted w/ SP1 - still didn't work.

Port is just fucked :shrug: I got a USB keyboard and all is well.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the sooner, the better

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et fili, et spiritus sancti.

PostPosted: 03-08-2005 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dmmh wrote:
the sooner, the better

Not sure if you're trying to rile me up or not. Anyway, I think the keyboard port may break off from the motherboard sooner or later. I'll have to disable the port (if that's possible), and get myself a USB keyboard.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.