Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Project Snowblind

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Project Snowblind

guru
guru
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 10:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

REnted this for the xbox today as I wait for the PC version of Brothers in Arms, and I have to say, despite my thinking it was going to be a generic FPS, it isn't that bad at all. Pretty good firefights with lots of shit going on, decent graphics by Xbox standards, etc.

If you were one (like me) who thought this was going to be overhyped shit, give it a rental.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 10:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i thought it looked awesome :icon30:

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 10:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And for you that dosent know what it is..

official site: http://www.projectsnowblind.com/
review:
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/589/589077 ... ?fromint=1
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/sno ... +snowblind
Will be released on PC and PS2 aswell.

[lvlshot]http://www.jucaushii.ro/img/Project-Snowblind/06.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.jucaushii.ro/img/Project-Snowblind/25.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.totalvideogames.com/tvgadmin/content/imagedata/33691.jpg[/lvlshot]

Multiplayer:
Deathmatch / Team Deathmatch
As basic as it gets, Deathmatch plays off the augmentations, weapons, classes, vehicles, and maps. We've so far seen controllable cars, tanks, mechs, and armored vehicles. Each has an array of pluses and minuses. When you pick a class in Snowblind, you're stuck with it until you die, so choose wisely. There is an option called arms race that grants a player all of the weapons of his enemy should he be killed, though. This means a Sniper can suddenly have a rocket launcher if he killed a Heavy unit.

Hunter
Hunter is a sort of keep away. Every map comes with a token that players all vie for. The person who gets it becomes permanently cloaked. He then scores points by killing other people. The Hunter is imbued with extra health and damage modifiers. He also boasts every weapon and augmentation, which makes him quite lethal.

Capture the Flag
If this mode needs explaining, you need to start playing games. CTF features two flags located in two bases. Players run to grab one flag and return it to their own -- the only way to score points. In order for an enemy flag to be delivered, the team's own flag must be present.

Fast Flag Capture
This variation of CTF does not require a team's flag be present in order for a score to be made.

Tactical Assault
Official explanation: Defend your team's generator and destroy the opposition's generator after disabling their generator shields. To disable the shields, hack into the opposition nodes (only the forward node is vulnerable). First team to destroy the opposition generator wins. We didn't get a chance to test this mode out, so we'll take Crystal D's explanation.

Assault
This mode is identical to Tactical Assault, only it does not feature the shields that need to be destroyed before the generator can be attacked.

Quick Demolition
Official explanation: Find a bomb at a spawn point and transport it to designated targets inside the opposition base. Disarm a bomb on your own base by approaching it and pressing the "x" button. The bomb is on an auto timer. When it blows, the base is destroyed, the round ends and the opposition gets a point. At the end of play, the team with the most points wins. Check the bomb icon at the lower left of the screen to see which team has the bomb. We didn't get a chance to test this mode out, so we'll take Crystal D's explanation.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 11:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It seems FPS games just add different atmosphere and graphics these days. The only real change I've seen has been Unreal Tournament's new team vs team "destroy the base" gametype.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 07:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that game got more weapons than sadam and bush together i will buy it! :icon25:

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this guns i got under my bed to ! :icon25:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 07:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, Quake 2 era graphics.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 08:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:

wow. who cares as long as its fun

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 08:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
o'dium wrote:

wow. who cares as long as its fun

Aye, true ill give you that :icon14:

But after playing Resi 4, ANYTHING looks poop :p

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 08:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

heh yea when i first saw a few movies of RE4, i was like "yea that looks about the same as REmake, which is great".
then i realized these werent prerendered backgrounds and fully 3D -> :o :o :o

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 08:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
heh yea when i first saw a few movies of RE4, i was like "yea that looks about the same as REmake, which is great".
then i realized these werent prerendered backgrounds and fully 3D -> :o :o :o

I know. Its crazy how good the game looks. Watching leon up close is amazing, he looks CGI.

They did good jim :icon14:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.