Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Napoleon Complex

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Napoleon Complex

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 01:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

= krapus.

I'm willing to entertain opposing viewpoints.

I'm guessing that not only is he a small man but he grew up without a father present.

Confirm or deny my theory kracus.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 01:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When you say small man, do you refer to penis size (and sort of mix some Freud in there)?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 01:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not really no...

just a height thing really but he was a virgin til he was 24 and that could beg the question.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 01:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah, yes i understand now.
Carry on.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 01:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, Napoleon complex is a colloquial term used to describe a type of inferiority complex suffered by people who are short. Alfred Adler pioneered the psychological work on inferiority complexes, and used Napoléon Bonaparte as an example of someone who he thought was driven to extremes by a psychological need to compensate for what he saw as a handicap: his small stature.

http://www.psychcentral.com/psypsych/wi ... on_complex

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 01:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not that i don't have my own problems, I just figured you'd all get a bigger laugh out of krapus'.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 01:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I recently read a little book filled with quotes from Napoleon, pretty interesting - he always meant to write a definitive book on war (like Clausewitz or Sun Tsu), but never found the time because he was too busy campaigning.

He was quite the megalomanic madman apparently. Saw no problems with the people rising up to kill the elite and bring him to power, and no problems with then killing most of those people and reinstating the elite who survived the killings (because revolutionaries can't be trusted).

Must have been a powerful charasmatic figure though.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 01:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Must have been a powerful charasmatic figure though.

Apparently he really was. I'm trying to reach back a fair ways to my history studies but he rose through the ranks in the French army and was considered very charismatic. A very driven man. Apparently according to the book of lists, he had a notoriuosly small penis which his wife severed and kept after his death.

*scurries off to find a confirming source*

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 01:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 01:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

to sum up that link...

Is the penis Napoleon's? Is it even a penis? Who knows? Given the march of science one presumes it'd be easy to establish the item's provenance conclusively, but understandably no one seems to be in any hurry to do so. After you've paid three grand for a dead man's penis, who wants to be told it's a grape?

--CECIL ADAMS

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 04:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haha, interesting read :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.