Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        So this is why Bush suppressed that report...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: So this is why Bush suppressed that report...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 10:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... _11_faa_19

Report: FAA Had 52 Pre-9/11 Warnings

35 minutes ago

By LESLIE MILLER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - The Federal Aviation Administration received repeated warnings in the months prior to Sept. 11, 2001, about al-Qaida and its desire to attack airlines, according to a previously undisclosed report by the commission that investigated the terror attacks.

The report by the Sept. 11 commission detailed 52 such warnings given to FAA leaders from April to Sept. 10, 2001, about the radical Islamic terrorist group and its leader, Osama bin Laden.

The commission report, written last August, said five security warnings mentioned al-Qaida's training for hijackings and two reports concerned suicide operations not connected to aviation. However, none of the warnings pinpointed what would happen on Sept. 11.

FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown on Thursday said the agency received intelligence from other agencies, which it passed on to airlines and airports.

But, she said, "We had no specific information about means or methods that would have enabled us to tailor any countermeasures."

Brown also said the FAA was in the process of tightening security at the time of the attacks.

"We were spending $100 million a year to deploy explosive detection equipment at the airports," she said. The agency was also close to issuing a regulation that would have set higher standards for screeners and, for the first time, give it direct control over the screening work force.

Al Felzenberg, former spokesman for the 9/11 commission, which went out of business last summer, said the government had not completed a review of the 120-page report for declassification purposes until recently.

Carol Ashley of Rockville Centre, N.Y., whose daughter died in the attacks, said the report should have been released sooner.

"I'm just appalled that this was withheld for five months. That contributes to the idea that the government knew something and didn't act, it contributes to the conspiracy theories out there. We need to rebut those with the actual facts, but we need the facts to do that," she said.

California Rep. Henry Waxman (news, bio, voting record), ranking Democrat on the Government Reform Committee, asked for a hearing on whether the Bush administration played politics with the report's release. The letter, also signed by Rep. Carolyn Maloney (news, bio, voting record), D-N.Y., said the committee should probe whether the report was delayed until after the November elections and the confirmation of Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites) as secretary of state.

The unclassified version, first reported by The New York Times, was made available by the National Archives Thursday.

According to the report:

_Aviation officials were "lulled into a false sense of security" and "intelligence that indicated a real and growing threat leading up to 9/ll did not stimulate significant increases in security procedures."

_Of the FAA's 105 daily intelligence summaries between April 1, 2001 and Sept. 10, 2001, 52 mentioned bin Laden, al-Qaida, or both, "mostly in regard to overseas threats."

_It notes that the FAA did not expand the use of in-flight air marshals or tighten airport screening for weapons. It said FAA officials were more concerned with reducing airline congestion, lessening delays and easing air carriers' financial problems than thwarting a terrorist attack.

_ A proposed rule to improve passenger screening and other security measures ordered by Congress in 1996 had been held up by the Office of Management and Budget and was still not in effect when the attacks occurred, according to the FAA.

Information in this report was available to members of the 9/11 commission when they issued their public report last summer. That report itself contained criticisms of FAA operations.

___

Associated Press writer Devlin Barrett contributed to this story

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 10:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there's already more than enough evidence to impeach

oblivion
oblivion
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 10:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he will never be impeached. thats the sad part. they impeach a president for getting a knob gobble, but not a president that covers everything up and attacks countries as a hobby.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 10:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i didn't say he will be impeached. just that all signs point towards impeachment., if only the people had any sort of control or gave a fuck.

note: noone is innocent.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/2/10/194520/107

Although then national security adviser Condoleezza Rice wrote a March 22, 2004 column in The Washington Post that "No al-Qaeda threat was turned over to the new administration,"a newly declassified document [image below the fold] tells the story.

It's Sabotage!
It's Sabotage!
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 11:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitch bitch bitch just move here already... come to the dark side luke

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 11:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

christ i hate cuntaleezza

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now you see why yanks are the laughing stocks of the world.

It's Sabotage!
It's Sabotage!
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 12:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ya she's a bitch, but you have to admit she's pretty damn hot

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 12:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wait, shes got fuxt eyes too?

Last edited by arak0r on 02-11-2005 12:10 PM, edited 1 time in total.

It's Sabotage!
It's Sabotage!
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 12:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lmao she is!

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just think what is in that report that has been blacked out...and we are supposed to live in a democracy? lol...

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 12:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

With eyes pointing every direction, she should have seen this coming.

I'm still sticking with conspiracy.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 01:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No no no guys! It was the FAA who knew that al quaeda was about to attack us using jets as suicide missiles! Our government didn't know anything (even though the F stands for Federal)! We don't pay billions each year for our intelligence agencies to know stuff that the FAA already knows! DUH!

get ready for the sucker punch!
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 01:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i hate when they do articals on him and they don't put a pic. shit is wack!

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:

You sound like a zit-titted teenager swooning over a Adam Sandler poster on her bedroom wall while waiting for the batteries to recharge.

Why the dumb bitch would have an Adam Sandler poster is beyond me but I'm sure it's only $1.99 or free with a packet of tampons.

Case...I'm sure you have one on your wall too.

The box of tampons I mean.

PostPosted: 02-11-2005 01:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
CaseDogg wrote:

You sound like a zit-titted teenager swooning over a Adam Sandler poster on her bedroom wall while waiting for the batteries to recharge.

Why the dumb bitch would have an Adam Sandler poster is beyond me but I'm sure it's only $1.99 or free with a packet of tampons.

Case...I'm sure you have one on your wall too.

The box of tampons I mean.

you are such as ASS! :icon19: i got MAD pics of him on my wall cuz it makes me horney! imma take a pic tonight yall gone laff at me!

you usta scare me and make me feel hella stupid but now you seem hella coo, just you like to insult people from time to time, whitch i can understand. :icon14:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck you.

PostPosted: 02-11-2005 02:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

awsome! :icon14: when, where?

Strogger Than You
Strogger Than You
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 02:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

zeeko wrote:
ya she's a bitch, but you have to admit she's pretty damn hot

Is it just me, or does she look like a pissed-off Samuel L Jackson saying something like "he did NOT just do what I think he did.."

:shrug:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.