Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        So, what games are you playing now?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-05-2020 12:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
So awesome that he doesn't even know what the game is called

my bad. hope you are going to be ok now?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-05-2020 12:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Another old man :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-05-2020 12:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Eraser wrote:

my bad. hope you are going to be ok now?

Dude, don’t take it personal. It’s kinda funny. Becoming our fathers. Calling things by the wrong name...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-05-2020 12:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
My son's dropped Fortnite hard, telling all his friends he 'found a game way better' and has everyone convinced to play Overwatch.
He bought himself a headset and he and his friends party up whenever they can.

I was kind of out of Overwatch but it's fun to see these kids 'inventing' the idea of what is basically a clan. Discussing strategies when offline, having quintessential discussions of what character can beat another in a fair fight and such.

Sometimes I get to play, too.

This is cool. Must be a bit surreal watching him go through the same gaming culture that we went through. At least a shadow of your former self...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-06-2020 01:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Started God of War again with Lady Carlos...its still absolutely outstanding

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-05-2020 02:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Horizon: Zero Dawn

What a fucking game this was; absolutely brilliant in every way. Not quite as good as God of War imo, but pretty close to it.

Highly recommend.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-05-2020 10:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Replaying Dark Souls.
Bought the trilogy a few weeks back because why not. Now I actually need to finish these tho.

Also beat Bloodstained Ritual of the Night before that. Highly recommend if you're into Castlevania as it is exactly that but with a different title.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-06-2020 05:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Snowrunner... It's pretty fucking awesome, highly recommend it. Way better than mudrunner.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 05-06-2020 08:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh shit. I'd no idea they'd released another game!

I loved spintires.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-06-2020 08:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it's fucking mint. You can upgrade trucks now, own them, sell them there's a ton of missions that aren't pickup logs at locatoin x and move them to location y. I suggest getting the premium edition of the game as a lot of vehicles aren't available in the normal version which kinda sucks balls but otherwise it's a fantastic game. The level design is absolutely miles above what they had in mudrunner too, lots of tight technical bits with expansive maps. I've been enjoying the fuck out of it. If you're on xbox add me, GT = Kracus

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 05-07-2020 03:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FF7 Remake - Great game. Loved it. Some filler stuff but the production value is throught he roof. Can't wait for part 2.

Persona 5 - Loving it. So many charming little things.

Monster Hunter World - Good way to connect with my brother (living abroad) during the pandemic. Might still be a decent single player experience. Some great environments.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-16-2020 04:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Update on my Dark Souls. Fucking destroyed it.
Now casually going through NG+ even tho theres no real point to it. Just killing time until my body is ready for DS2.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-16-2020 07:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
FF7 Remake - Great game. Loved it. Some filler stuff but the production value is throught he roof. Can't wait for part 2.

I am very much enjoying this...treating it like a fine wine though and taking my time to savour every sip of it. I am exploring every single bit of every single screen. I am about 23 hours in and realistically I am maybe 12 hours into the story.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-16-2020 07:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm at the Icon of Sin fight in Doom Eternal. Fuck that guy.
I know, yes, it's taking me this long. I'm not finding much time to play lately. I did 100% all of the levels except two. In one of them, I only have to do the Marauder secret encounter but fuck me, that guy's a piece of shit.

When Doom Eternal is becoming a bit too much I switch over to my re-play of Bioshock 2. Much slower paced game. Finished the game back in the day on XBox360 and am now playing the remaster on PC. Honestly, BS2 never received the credit it should've gotten. It might not have been as impactful as BS1, but in execution, it's better than it's predecessor in most areas.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-16-2020 07:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I'm at the Icon of Sin fight in Doom Eternal. Fuck that guy.

Yeah...absolute prick of a thing. Doom is wonderful, apart from the later boss fights. They felt cheap...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-16-2020 08:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Update on my Dark Souls. Fucking destroyed it.
Now casually going through NG+ even tho theres no real point to it. Just killing time until my body is ready for DS2.

I should be playing this. Finished ds 2 and 3 but never 1

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-16-2020 08:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Having finished slogging my way through Assassin's Creed Odyssey (great game, but stupidly long), I'm now playing Gears Tactics, interspersed with the odd bout of The Wonderful 101.

I also intend to put some time in to DMC5 this weekend. But at the same time, after all that traditional scripted single player action in AC, I'm feeling the pull of something more procedural and management focussed. So I may dip back in to something along the same lines as Dwarf Fortress, if not DF itself.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-19-2020 11:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also Animal Crossing. Endlessly.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-20-2020 09:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just reinstalling Warzone. Around 190gig

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-20-2020 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Having finished slogging my way through Assassin's Creed Odyssey (great game, but stupidly long)

Going through it right now and having much less fun than with Origins. They really filled the game world with pointless shit.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 05-20-2020 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally finished both DLCs on a new Dark Souls 3 playthrough and did another run through Blooborne and The Old Hunters. Bloodborne remains the only platinum I've ever bothered earning on the PS4.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-22-2020 11:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:

Have you played this on hard yet? It's a fucking joke...outrageously difficult

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 05-26-2020 03:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Have you played this on hard yet? It's a fucking joke...outrageously difficult

I tried. I played the first mission and died after 2 or 3 enemies. It's really hard.

But from what I know, it's pretty doable with the right materia setup. My brother played through most of it on hard, only missing the last chapter.

You need to grind out your materia, though. It's a matter of 2-4 hours of running through the first 5-10 minutes of chapter 16 (? the shinra parking lot) again and again on easy. I'm mostly done after 2 hours, only some HP+ materia not maxed out.

I'm not sure if I really want to do it. I think it would be fun but I'd have to put in maybe another 40 hours. Most likely I'll decide I'd rather spend my time on something else.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-28-2020 10:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this forum is still around... wow

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-28-2020 01:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bought MotoGP 20. Been dicking around with it a bit. Not a bad game at all, but probably not that interesting to people who aren't MotoGP fans.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-28-2020 01:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bort wrote:
this forum is still around... wow

Could say the same about you

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-08-2020 09:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finished DS2 SotfS, going through NG+. An objectively easier game than DS1 tho that might also be because I'm used to the gameplay loop by now.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-08-2020 10:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm getting old.
DS2? SotfS? NG+? DS1?
What games are these? :paranoid:

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-08-2020 11:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been playing the shit our of Hell Let Loose since trying it over the Steam free weekend.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-08-2020 12:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I'm getting old.
DS2? SotfS? NG+? DS1?
What games are these? :paranoid:

Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin (which is a doover of Dark Souls 2 if you will), in New Game Plus.
Relax, old timer.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-15-2020 04:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've jumped on the Among Us hypetrain. Came along just in time because Fall Guys is ruined by cheaters.

Among Us is surprisingly fun. Being the imposter is really exciting. And to my surprise, pretty much everyone seems to be playing fairly seriously so far. There's actually some decent conversation going on to point out who the imposter is.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-15-2020 05:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I heard they made a cheater island in fall guys to deal with them.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-15-2020 08:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes and no.
They did, but it didn't work out because there weren't enough cheaters to populate games with the minimum number of 40 players. So cheaters ended up getting stuck in the match making screen. At some point they had enough cheaters to form cheater only matches, but videos of matches like those found their way onto the Internet and the devs didn't like videos of cheaters being out there, so they scrapped the idea.

Having said that, their current anti cheat method fails to adequately identify cheaters so you can't get into a game without there being at least one cheater.

The devs say they got new anti cheat measures coming up (supposedly the same anti cheat system used by Fortnite) so hopefully that fixes the cheater problem, and soon too, because I suspect player numbers are dwindling fast right now.

Oh, this problem only exists on PC. As far as I know, there aren't any cheaters on PS4

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-15-2020 09:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sadly there's still plenty of ways to cheat on Playstation and Xbox... I got so sick of it in Apex I finally caved and bought a strikepack to see what the deal is and yeah... honestly it's pretty lame. You can basically reduce recoil to a point where your guns have vastly reduced recoil when firing. That's all I've been toying with and I have not played ranked with this feature enabled but I can certainly see that some people do. It also adds buttons to the bottom of your controller that you can map which I have been using because it just gives you the functionality of an elite controller which isn't considered cheating. That said, I've seen a lot of users online that go ham on that shit, full recoil control plus rapid fire mods makes a huge difference in gunfights. I really wish they'd do something about it.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-15-2020 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The weird thing about cheaters in Fall Guys is that, contrary to cheaters in games like Counter-Strike, or back in the day, Quake 3, where cheating wasn't immediately noticeable, in Fall Guys, cheating is immediately visible.

There's guys flying through the air and moving at insane speeds. There's no question about whether someone is cheating or not. Back in the Q3 days, one could claim to be an epic Q3 player while secretly using cheats. In Fall Guys, every one knows you're cheating so there's no "honor" to be gained from it. It's 100% malicious.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.