Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        So, what games are you playing now?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-07-2018 08:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hes right though. An 85" tv thats $3k is budget. The XBR77A1E that's $10k isn't budget.....understand?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-07-2018 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the tv i got is over 5k...so hes wrong though...moron...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-07-2018 08:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

im sure it will be great for watching fox news and your american sniper bluray..congrats.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-07-2018 08:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds like I pissed off a poorie... :olo: ...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-08-2018 02:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds like you bought a budget TV

Anyway, I will hopefully be digging back into GOW when I return from Singapore

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-08-2018 03:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've heard Red Dead Online may be releasing tomorrow...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-08-2018 06:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
it's not small at all...maybe too big...according to theater expert morons, the first row should be 150 inches from tv...if i did that i couldn't fit the corner bench and table in back of the room...read up dipshit and get back with me...

When you say you're buying theater seating, one tends to think you're trying to replicate a "theater setting". You know, big screen, outstanding sound system and multi-row seating. That would also indicate you have a room big enough to support your goals.

This is probably the standard that your "expert moron" used to determine seating placement.

This is only based horizontal screen width (not diagonal). The average 85" screen is approximately 73" wide, placing your first row of seat around 146" away. That distance can also be considerably reduced based on resolution. Here's a link to a simple distance calculator.

https://www.inchcalculator.com/tv-size- ... alculator/

According to this and many other "experts", your view distance can be reduced or screen size increased if you're viewing a 4K resolution.

Maybe you should've read up some more...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-08-2018 08:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It amazes me how much effort Gramps puts into trying to seem smart. It’s obviously he had no prior knowledge of home theaters, yet he took the time to throw all that together. Anyone can do a fucking google search, ya cunt...

Someone tell Gramps we’ve already hashed all this out on Discord. He too scared to join us?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-08-2018 09:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I've heard Red Dead Online may be releasing tomorrow...

I heard wrong apparently it's going to be near the end of November. :( Disappointing.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-08-2018 10:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PC Gamer estimates it's going to be 5 to 7 months before it hits PC. Then again, it took 17 months for GTA V to make it. :disgust:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-08-2018 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my TV is 75" horizontal...150"=12.5 feet...

i did read and its set up just fine...a bigger size is not needed...or wanted...u lose dumbo...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-08-2018 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The point is, you probably could have gone bigger for a more theater-like experience.

Did you get that super awesome Bose surround sound bar too? :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-09-2018 03:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol shut it Gramps, it out of your league here...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-09-2018 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Lol shut it Gramps, it out of your league here...

Out of my league if you had a few less dependents.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-10-2018 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I meant your understanding of theater room design is lacking... But ur also out of my financial league as well... :olo: ...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-10-2018 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'm playing HOTS ya numptys

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-11-2018 01:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here is on for you :D Command & Conquer

I stumbled across this today and installed and took that nostalgia trip :tear:

You recall the name Westwood I imagine :!: I have the cds in my wardrobe but never fired up in W10 or 64 bit :smirk:

Check out here https://cnc-comm.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_% ... video_game)

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-11-2018 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
I meant your understanding of theater room design is lacking... But ur also out of my financial league as well... :olo: ...

Well I hope you and your 12 kids enjoy the budget theater.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-11-2018 07:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been back playing DayZ. The recent addition of base building and push to beta has sparked a resurgence in players.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-11-2018 07:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I often wonder what kind of disorder Gramps has... Besides being a moron... Any answers?...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-29-2018 05:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So... read dead online is a blessing and curse. It's good cause the game itself is just fantastic but holy god the prices of shit you can buy is ridiculous given the amount of money you make doing missions and such. I'd say the average mission nets you 2 - 3$ but things cost hundreds of dollars if not thousands in some instances for the higher tier stuff... I'm enjoying horse racing but even that if you win is 5$ and in about 40ish minutes I made about 25$. It's pretty brutal, I played for a solid 3 hours yesterday and never made enough to buy a different gun.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-29-2018 05:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bought an XBox One as the result of a brain fart on Black Friday. Am knee deep in the dead with DOOM right now. What can I say? Excellent game.

Console came with Forza Horizon 4. It's a bit naff.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-29-2018 05:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice dude, I think I already have you added on my friends list? If not feel free to shoot me a msg. FH4 was a good game to tide me over to the release of red dead. I highly recommend the game pass if you don't have it, lots of good games on there and Microsoft seems to be pushing AAA titles to get more people to subscribe. Crackdown 3 will be available on day 1 when it launches next year if you have gamepass. Doom is also a blast, I really enjoyed it. I'm big into the rocket league scene too, great little title.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-29-2018 07:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea you're on my friends list.

My next purchase is either going to be MotoGP18 or Ride 3 (the latter will be released tomorrow). I poured hours upon hours into MotoGP 15 on Xbox 360 and loved it to death, despite its shortcomings. I'm hoping to reinvigorate that with MotoGP18.

Forza Horizon 4 is a hit with my kids though. They love to just roam around the landscape without doing anything other than wrecking up my car and smashing as many poles and trees as possible :)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-30-2018 04:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I tried one of motorbike games on there recently and wasn't impressed. :/ I've heard better things about Ride though.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-30-2018 05:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Anyway, I will hopefully be digging back into GOW when I return from Singapore

Finished it...got two more trophies to get to 100% it.

What a game. An astonishing blend of story telling and action. Best game I have played on PS4 and possibly the best I have played of this generation. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-30-2018 05:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You haven't played Red Dead 2.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-30-2018 05:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dear God of War players

Come up with your own acronym for your game.

With kind regards,
Gears of War players

edit: Oops, I just noticed GOW (ps2) was released a year and a half before... well... GOW (xb360).
I'll find a new acronym now.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-30-2018 06:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rofl..

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-01-2018 08:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Dear God of War players

Come up with your own acronym for your game.

With kind regards,
Gears of War players

edit: Oops, I just noticed GOW (ps2) was released a year and a half before... well... GOW (xb360).
I'll find a new acronym now.

:olo:

I have the original and I was considering booting up the PS2 to admire it

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-01-2018 08:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
You haven't played Red Dead 2.

Not yet

Assassins Creed Origins and Spiderman to play before I buy RDR2

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 12-02-2018 02:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Any of you playing Battlefield V?

Man, it's fucking good.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-02-2018 11:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've never liked the battlefield games and I've tried several different versions now.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-03-2018 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Path of Exile Betrayal League

should have seen the boats arriving in Wraeclast with diablo3 refugees :olo:

HUGE content update every 3 months, after 3.5 the 4.0 will be even bigger.

hey psst.. it's free

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-03-2018 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still wading through Witcher 3 on account of it being so massive and trying to finish all side quests on limited time knowing it'll be my one and only playthrough :o

I'm gonna drop everything for Doom Eternal though :drool: :drool: :drool:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.