Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        DOOM 3 expansion pack will include ctf..omfg (56K destroyer)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 01:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geebs wrote:
remember how everyone went on and on about how they got a "real writer"

hehe... it was just the same with tomb raider 5 (or was it 6) ??? ...

they supposedly tried to make everything new... but then it was just the same crappy movement and jumping all over again.

doom3:
the few large, open scenes in doom3 were awesome though! the entrance to hell was kickass, so was the part with those flying souls!

well... let's see what quake 4 holds for us.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

doom3 rocked compared to hl2...still trying to figure out why ppl think hl2 was good...

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

because they think firing a mg or other realistic weapons in a videogame is cool ...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

u talking hl2 or doom? both games guns are equally realistic...meaning they AREN"T...

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hl2

... and doom3 is far more fantasy than hl2 is: zombies, hell, demons, etc vs fighting marines and robots all the time ... oh... and driving a buggy

Last edited by Pext on 03-30-2005 05:44 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

those weapons are realistic to u? dumbo?

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the whole setting is based on realism... and some aliens

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doom3, a generally very average shooter with a nice engine, was utterly stomped upon by Halflife 2, in terms of gameplay, AI, storyline and atmosphere. 90% of the time, HL2 looks better than Doom3 aswell.

HL2 > D3.

End of story...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol...okay spanky...whatever u say.....

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hl2 was buggy, had the worst ai i have ever seen and was basically a physics show off game. shit i could go thru whole levels on the hardest setting and not even get shot...run out in the open in the middle of a big fire fight and never get hit...hold a soda can and block hundreds of rounds...the game was lame on so many levels...

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LXS wrote:
blah

the only atmospheric parts of hl2 were the beginning, the village and the end. the rest was driving around in boring environments.

doom3 rocked the world with it's atmosphere.

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
hl2 was buggy, had the worst ai i have ever seen and was basically a physics show off game. shit i could go thru whole levels on the hardest setting and not even get shot...run out in the open in the middle of a big fire fight and never get hit...hold a soda can and block hundreds of rounds...the game was lame on so many levels...

Geoff.

Dont lie on the internet.

Even the pathfinding in HL2 is better than Doom3. The flocking algorithms are non existant in D3. But then again, i doubt you even know what they are, do you?

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
LXS wrote:
blah

the only atmospheric parts of hl2 were the beginning, the village and the end. the rest was driving around in boring environments.

doom3 rocked the world with it's atmosphere.

Doom3 was a 1 trick pony, and that got boring about 2 hours in. After that point, the rest of the game was tedious. After the Hell section, it was pointless.

"i wonder what happens when i pick that 50th mysteriously easy to find armour pickup next to a wall marked THERE'S A MONSTER CLOSET HERE"

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whatever..i could walk right up to them with a soda can and be immune from pain...did u try it? i became a combine to them i guess...

Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HL2 is a better game. Simple as that. It took 6 fucking years to develop too, so I would have been pissed if it wasn't.

PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That doesn't mean that DOOM 3 is a bad game though. It's just not as good as HL2.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol... then the duke will rock :)

... just as diakatana

Last edited by Pext on 03-30-2005 05:59 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hl2 is one of the worse game of all time imo...postal was better...

PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

those trolling attempts are weak Geoff. Get some new material.

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
whatever..i could walk right up to them with a soda can and be immune from pain...did u try it? i became a combine to them i guess...

Yes, i did, because, like many, i took the piss by throwing cans at the enemies.

Dont lie on the internet, goff.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hl2 just had a way to gimmicky gameplay. the few solid fights the game had were little to no challenge.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there were a few brillant moments in hl2..but in general i was super dissapointed...the game ddidn't flow and the ending was retarded....and all the good stuff was taken out...plus the stuttering problem wasn't fixed until i was on the last level...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and what about the difficulty levels...way WAY too easy...

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

would've been more impressed by hl2 if i hadn't seen a havoc demo before playing it - the havoc system is really good stuff. nothing else about the game really stood out as particularly noteworthy (except maybe the time it took to install).

d3 didn't hold my attention, but it did almost make me applaud when i saw it start up for the first time.

chronicles of riddick was better than either of them.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

d3 would have been better with a supershotgun and a rail gun...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nah, not a railgun. rail is for quake. bfg is for doom. fo sheezy

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck that...give me a rg....

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wait for quake4 then

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck u...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that was about as predictable as odiums reaction on any given screenshot

keep yer oh so clever flames to yourself, old man. old, unemployed, drugaddicted hebitch of a man.
and i use the term "man" lightly.

now go make dinner before the wife comes home and tells you off some more

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck u...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 06:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
no u....

crushed...

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 07:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LXS wrote:
Doom3, a generally very average shooter with a nice engine, was utterly stomped upon by Halflife 2, in terms of gameplay, AI, storyline and atmosphere. 90% of the time, HL2 looks better than Doom3 aswell.

HL2 > D3.

End of story...

lol hl2 was one of the most boring games I've ever played...I'd rather stomp on hell hordes than shoot bugs from start to finish with a few scenes here and there barely worth my time...u kids play video games right?

geez...

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 07:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
And, when id brought doom 3 out last year, there were still people kidding themselves into thinking they could play it on a 1ghz machine with 256ram and a GF4. *BZZZZZZZT*.

lol...if you can't play DOOM 3 with a system like this then you're a moron...I get 30+ steady fps on my mom's P3 800...real men always find a way...

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 07:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:

are you serious?

omfg we're talking about a huge bug in a game that's supposedly the best game ever...hmmm

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.