Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Does anybody here just smoke for the pleasure of smoking?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Does anybody here just smoke for the pleasure of smoking?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I refer to smoking that is non-habitual.

I don't smoke cigarettes or anything but marijuana on a regular basis, but for years I have enjoyed the peaceful and relaxing Egyptian art of smoking flavored tobacco (Shisha) in a large water pipe (Hookah; see pic below).

I recently bought my own hookah and just love it. I only smoke it perhaps once every couple days, but it's just too cool to ill on the patio (I live high up) on a fine summer evening with a friend or two and drink, talk and smoke all night.

Hookahs, btw, use mostly flavored tobacco's. It's completely different from normal 'smoking', as they don't have that ass-tray odor. Instead, they smell only of the flavored tobbacco you're smoking (right now I'm smoking apple. mmmmm!), and tastes equally well. No shitty ass-tray taste, only the sweet, water filtered smoke of flavor. :)

Anyways... I also enjoy a good Stoogie now and then out camping or in celebration. Anybody else smoke occasionally for pleasure?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if it smokes i smoke it

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shishas are probably the unhealthiest thing one can smoke. They're illegal here nowadays.

And I don't like their taste, either.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
if it smokes i smoke it

as long as it stinks and gives me cancer

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
if it smokes i smoke it

as long as it stinks and gives me cancer

i got my heart set on an attack

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just got one for my birthday, originally from Egypt. Gonna try it with weed some time.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
I just got one for my birthday, originally from Egypt. Gonna try it with weed some time.

I hear it's not that easy. You have to prepare the weed somehow first. (They don't work like bongs)

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why doesn't it work like a bong?

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know for sure (never used a bong tbh), but Shishas use coal, and the tobacco is kinda 'wet' when you put it in.

PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bleh... so many arabs smoke. Too many.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
Bleh... so many arabs smoke. Too many.

Don't worry, the birthrate makes more than up for it.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you have to put a coal on top of the wet tabacco, i know. But if you just use pure weed (maybe mixed with some dry cigarette tabacco) you can light it with a fire and inhale.

BLARG
BLARG

saturn wrote:
you have to put a coal on top of the wet tabacco, i know. But if you just use pure weed (maybe mixed with some dry cigarette tabacco) you can light it with a fire and inhale.

Interesting. I might try it out sometime.

PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
Don't worry, the birthrate makes more than up for it.

hush up

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lay some aluminium foil beneath it (punctured with some tiny holes)

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:

Yeah, we usually put the tobacco in the thingie, cover it with punctured aluminium foil and put the coal on top of the foil.

How would I do it with weed or regular tobacco?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:

You'd DIE. :lol:

Hookah's have FAR more air volume than you'd want for weed, that's really the ONLY difference between them. You could do it fine with no problems, assuming you are an experienced weed smoke so your lungs are already used to that type of smoke. You would however, burn up a LOT of weed in a short period of time.

That said... if you grow your own, or money is no problem... a hookah would be an awesome way to smoke weed. :D It has hoses man, you don't even have to get off the pillows on the floor to have a pull!

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The last few times I've smoked a shisha have been with julios. It's pretty harsh on the lungs the next day but the smoke is soooo sweet. Apple and rose ar e two of the nicer flavours.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:

:)

It works just as well if you just put the coal directly on the Shisha. The tinfoil doesn't hamper anything but so far as I know, it doesn't help anything either. All the establishments that rent hookahs that I know of, only put tinfoil over the tobacco so it stays fresh allowing them to pre-weigh it into the bowls for later consumption.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hm. I don't like Shishas anyway. I hate flavored tobacco.
And maybe I'm imagining it, but I also think the smoke tastes a lot like coal as well.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not anal, but it's the Tobacco that's called Shisha, not the pipes. :)

Sounds to me like you had a bad experience Splish, as you shouldn't be able to taste the coal. Even after burning down the tobacco, I have yet to get a coal like taste. Just me though.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe I'm imagining it. I just don't like the taste at all.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 03:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
I'm not anal, but it's the Tobacco that's called Shisha, not the pipes. :)

Sounds to me like you had a bad experience Splish, as you shouldn't be able to taste the coal. Even after burning down the tobacco, I have yet to get a coal like taste. Just me though.

actually the pipes are called shishas (middle east) or hookahs(India)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 04:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hadn't heard that before, the lebanese guys I get all my shit from call it a hookah. You learn something new everyday. :)

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, i smoke cloves because i like them, and i like smoking.
quit cigarettes years ago.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 11:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shisha/hookah :icon14:

we usually have one with us in the summer days:

bbq, at the swimming pool and in those warm summer nights when you hang out somewhere outside :icon14:

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 11:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We've had shishas at a couple of parties. Very nice. Tastes good.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 11:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

she makes me feel alright
she makes my heart sang

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 12:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Had shisha's all the time in Egypt :icon14:
I don't think i'd consider getting one here though... seems like a bit of a hassle with burning chunks of coal in your house and such.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 12:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Had shisha's all the time in Egypt :icon14:
I don't think i'd consider getting one here though... seems like a bit of a hassle with burning chunks of coal in your house and such.

but you really did stop smoking this time, right? :icon19:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 12:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh now, come on - you can't really compare it to smoking a cigarette at all.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 12:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shisha's the only thing I've ever smoked.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 03:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Oh now, come on - you can't really compare it to smoking a cigarette at all.

excuses sir !

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 03:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'll allways remember the first time i've smoked a waterpipe. i was totally blasted! :icon14:

to bad i don't get that state of ultimate relaxedness from it anymore.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 03:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
excuses sir !

:p

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.