Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        So I played some pool with the harlem globetrotters...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: So I played some pool with the harlem globetrotters...

PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last night. :D

They were in town and popped down to the club where I was at last night. Played a couple games of pool with em, good thing they don't play basketball like they do at pool :)

They were pretty alright guys tbh, I asked them who won. :icon32: I suspect they probably heard that joke before though. Oh and I can tell you that not all members of the globetrotters are drug free, at least a couple of em like smoking weed :D

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I take speed for my mathematics class.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would have had them sign my man b00bs.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 11:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All the real Harlem Globetrotters are dead

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 12:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
All the real Harlem Globetrotters are dead

Truth

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 12:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The who?

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 12:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
The who?

no, The Harlem Globetrotters.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 12:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh!

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 12:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

doiesnt matter who they are, it didnt happen anyways
its kracus remember. he wasnt shooting pool last night, he was home alone in his dark bedroom smoking weed and contemplating suicide like every night

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 12:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

12ft dunk (Quicktime)

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 12:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
doiesnt matter who they are, it didnt happen anyways
its kracus remember. he wasnt shooting pool last night, he was home alone in his dark bedroom smoking weed and contemplating suicide like every night

... after revealing mindblowing stuff about the 'fabric' of the universe.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 01:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
12ft dunk (Quicktime)

Jesus Christ Amem I Feel Inadequate Christ Almightly Lord Help Us All

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 01:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

basketball :lol:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 01:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Basketball is such a silly game though.

One team scores, everyone runs over to the other side, the other team scores, repeat untill the score is something like 93-91. Only very tall people stand a chance, and it's all about individual skill instead of teamplay. Pfft.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 02:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

pffft, you guys have never seen a jew play basketball, obviously lol

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 02:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

basketball is the best out of all major sports...
soccer is just pure boredom.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 02:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
basketball is the best out of all major sports...
soccer is just pure boredom.

Jesus, yeah right :lol: what with it being the world’s most popular sport and all :lol:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 02:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you know, it's called netball over here and it's only played by girls :lol:

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 02:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Jesus, yeah right :lol: what with it being the world’s most popular sport and all :lol:

thats because 70% of the world population is stupid and poor.

soccer is a working class game - a game for the poor and uneducated.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 02:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon19:

PostPosted: 03-31-2005 04:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

thats because 70% of the world population is stupid and poor.

soccer is a working class game - a game for the poor and uneducated.

And basketball is a game for lanky fucking jungle bunnies.

netball :lol:

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 04:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:

Why's Lionel Ritchie in this pic?

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 04:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sys0p wrote:
And basketball is a game for lanky fucking jungle bunnies.

netball :lol:

i never said basketball was good. it's just the best out of soccer/basketball/baseball.

i usually watch snooker ...

PostPosted: 03-31-2005 04:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hahahahahahah fucking hell I love this forum, it's full of idiots

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 04:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hahahahahahahaha me too. Eh hold on...

PostPosted: 03-31-2005 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Basketball is utter shit. Please.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 05:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:

They were in town and popped down to the club where I was at last night. Played a couple games of pool with em, good thing they don't play basketball like they do at pool :)

So I take it one of them jumped on the table, started spinning the 8 ball on his finger, then the team joined him and they started dribbling and doing all those fancy behind the neck tricks?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 05:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...all while whistling that crappy theme song of theirs.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 07:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Basketball is a completely worthless game (although it's good exercise to play). But the Globetrotters don't really play basketball -- it's more like a courtside circus.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

haha, i hope just because i googled for a pic that people don't think i actually LIKE the f*cking sport.

fags.

PostPosted: 03-31-2005 12:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DRuM wrote:
Kracus wrote:

So I take it one of them jumped on the table, started spinning the 8 ball on his finger, then the team joined him and they started dribbling and doing all those fancy behind the neck tricks?

No, I tried to sucker them into a money game but my cover was quickly blown by this chick I know. There were two of em and me and my buddy asked them if they'd like to play partners.

They said sure and we played a game for a beer each. We won the first one then this chick drops by and starts talking with one of the globetrotter guys. She's a real cocktease too. Anyway, we spring the question if they'd like to play for 20$ and then she goes and tells em we're both poolsharks.

We played a couple more games anyway, they are pretty cool guys, went out and smoked a joint with one of em. I honestly thought they'd be taller...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
DRuM wrote:
Kracus wrote:

No, I tried to sucker them into a money game but my cover was quickly blown by this chick I know. There were two of em and me and my buddy asked them if they'd like to play partners.

They said sure and we played a game for a beer each. We won the first one then this chick drops by and starts talking with one of the globetrotter guys. She's a real cocktease too. Anyway, we spring the question if they'd like to play for 20$ and then she goes and tells em we're both poolsharks.

We played a couple more games anyway, they are pretty cool guys, went out and smoked a joint with one of em. I honestly thought they'd be taller...

The first two black men Kracus has ever met and he buys the story that they are Harlem Globetrotters even though they are both 5'11". :lol:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 12:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i wouldve kicked them square in the junk

the only thing that would upset me is not being able to get them all with one swift kick :(

PostPosted: 03-31-2005 12:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't link directly but...

http://www.harlemglobetrotters.com/events/

Then choose New-Brunswick under the options for Canada and you'll see they were here last tuesday. I always go out on tuesday's cause it's toonie tuesdays at crowes. (as far as shady bars go this is the worst in Saint-John I'd say.)

It's also the only place open on tuesdays. Well open that actualy has people.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon29:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.