Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Doom 3 RoE released early... Not april fools either...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Doom 3 RoE released early... Not april fools either...

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 03:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, its got out, heh... Somebody sold it before they should of, and its in another horrid cardboard box. Somebody needs to "inform" them in the joys of DVD's :( Shame I have to wait so long for it in the UK...

Anyways, these pics are legit because they are from a legit copy of the game, not leaked. I never took them, I'm still trying to find a copy myself :paranoid:

[lvlshot]http://doom3.planet-multiplayer.de/images/news/d3resurr_release.jpg[/lvlshot]

And, for the worst glasses in a game EVER award:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 03:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What strikes me as odd is that on those CTF pics, they added that huge blue thing over the bottom...? Why not just make the hud blue/red instead of green? :shrug:

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 03:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my copy of doom3 was on dvd?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 03:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
my copy of doom3 was on dvd?

Really? In the UK we got shafted with 3 CD's and a huge ugly cardboard box :(

Its a shame. I love the new Doom 3 collectors tin for x-box. ITs like the silver metal halo 2 tin, but, doom obviously. And 1 dvd, like it should be. A DVD can't be THAT much more money to make, can it? Surely double the size boxes and 3x the amoount of Cd's would kinda cost more?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 03:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ALSO:

The new game comes with patch 1.2, which removes CD checking and has new netcode, as well as many bug fixes. Niiiice, about time they got rid of the cd check, hate that :icon14:

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

opps, i'm being a moron, i was thinking of FarCry where the Europeans got a DVD and the US got CDs, nevermind.

Maybe they're still releasing it on CDs to appeal to a wider audience (some people still might not have DVD drives?)

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 03:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, more pics I found...

(These hands fucking rawk:)

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 03:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
What strikes me as odd is that on those CTF pics, they added that huge blue thing over the bottom...? Why not just make the hud blue/red instead of green? :shrug:

mayhaps they redirected the team chatter to that area

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 03:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Possibly, but with other weapons the ammo appears on the HUD, so it would clutter a bit... Odd none the less...

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 03:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone ever notice that no one posts more in o'dium's threads than o'dium?

PostPosted: 04-01-2005 03:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ever notice no one bitches about everything more than odium?

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It is true --

My Wal-Mart had it a couple of nights ago, and I tried to buy it, but it said to not sell it. So they put all the copies away the next day. But yeah, indeed, it is out.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 04:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
And, for the worst glasses in a game EVER award:

ppl wear glasses like that IRL. in fact, worse...

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 04:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Someone from id told me that some of the demo recording/playback problems would be fixed in the expansion release (1.2).

Can you verify what has improved?

Oh, and in case you're wondering, this guy (Brian Harris) has also said even more demo recording/playback things would be fixedin the the 1.3 patch, coming soon.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 04:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OH!! And are there any new duel maps?

PostPosted: 04-01-2005 05:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can you strafejump in d3?

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 06:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mines on DVD, too.

http://xenomorph.net/misc/doom3_cds_to_dvd.php use this tutorial to convert the disks to dvd; works great

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 08:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:
Can you strafejump in d3?

Yes, but you don't cover as much distance. The technique is pretty much spot-on as it is in Quake III; the payoff isn't as good though.

On the other hand, the jumps come at faster intervals than Quake III ones.

PostPosted: 04-01-2005 09:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's up with her glasses? They look like they were drawn on.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 10:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If by "same marine" you mean the generic guys that are all over Mars at the beginning of DOOM 3, you're right.

If you mean it in relation to the character you play as in DOOM 3, you are wrong.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 11:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cool pix, thx bro :up:

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 12:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lick my balls.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 12:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

like anyone is ever going to do that

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 12:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory has much better graphics. Odium, I thought you hated Doom3?

i'm gorgeous!
i'm gorgeous!
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 04:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice... very nice. Can't wait to play it since I am the only person in the Milky Way who loved playing Doom3, and I am no fanboy either!

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I know the gameplay is pretty much identical to earlier games like Quake II (and other 90s fps games), but in my book, there's nothing wrong with that.

And if that's the case, the game's style; its art direction, the graphics (of course), the sounds; the general presentation -- they're all pretty much at the highest calibur I've ever seen in a pc game. The only other single player game that even could hope to compete in that area is Half-Life 2, which I also like very much.

But since it was designed, in part, to appeal to the masses, you have to endure quite a lot of really retarded parts in the game. For instance, walking into fifty different rooms where everybody in there is like, "Well what the F! It's GOOORDAN FREEMAN!!" and all that garbage. The way the characters behave is pretty Disney sometimes. :(

But anyway, that's OT. My point is, DOOM 3 owns pretty dang hard. And even though the expansion wasn't completely created by id, I completely expect it to carry on the excellence of the first game.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 12:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
opps, i'm being a moron, i was thinking of FarCry where the Europeans got a DVD and the US got CDs, nevermind.

Maybe they're still releasing it on CDs to appeal to a wider audience (some people still might not have DVD drives?)

Doesn't make sense. if you've got a PC capable of running D3, you've got a DVD drive.

They've been shipping as standard since about 2000 or so?

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 12:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

maybe the blue and red thingy is like the one in q3, showing the staus of the flag, and who eventually has it.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
phantasmagoria wrote:

Doesn't make sense. if you've got a PC capable of running D3, you've got a DVD drive.

Barton 2600+
BFG nVidia 6800 GT OC
512 RAM
200 GB hdd

52x cd-rom :)

PostPosted: 04-02-2005 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had a DVD drive on my 416Mhz Celeron.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 01:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
phantasmagoria wrote:

yea, for pre-built PC's... this dosent apply to Self-built PC's.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 01:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The hands are pretty kewl because they switch from normal to old/infested when you suck life from bodies...

Anyway, the double barrel shotgun is my fav..

[lvlshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/reefsurfer74/shot00006.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/reefsurfer74/shot00010.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/reefsurfer74/shot00008.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/reefsurfer74/shot00012.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/reefsurfer74/shot00007.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/reefsurfer74/shot00009.jpg[/lvlshot]

The "grab gun" is kinda nice, but thats so last year alá HL2.. the MP and the CTF maps is boring, and one weird thing is that id put in some kind of an auto forward jump that kicks in on your second jump... and i havent found away to disable it.
VERY odd..

Playing the sp campaign now.. its still dark as hell, you´re still alone(so far that i have come) and you still have to find that pda and that keycard to gain access to this door and this door... :puke:

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So are there any new maps made specifically for duels?

Are all of the new maps ctf?

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 02:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
So are there any new maps made specifically for duels?

Are all of the new maps ctf?

There are 4 or 5 standard dm/tdm maps.. four of them are themed hell/construction site.. and they suck.
And there is also the 8 player feature now.. but you all already knew that.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 02:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, what's the final count, five ctf maps, five dm/tdm/whatever maps?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.