Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Doom 3 RoE released early... Not april fools either...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 04-04-2005 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

um, yes there is. Its a little harder to do now. instead of holding jump mid air you have to time it correctly as soon as you hit the ground. I think n00bs tried it for 2 secs and panicked when they thought they removed it.

One of the ctf maps also has some boxes stacked up. You have to double jump to get up them, and its a quick route to the flag. not an easy task for rookies.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 04-04-2005 03:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
I think n00bs tried it for 2 secs and panicked when they thought they removed it.

spoken like a true professional :icon25:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-04-2005 07:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

jesus this game is easy...just use shotty and switch to double barrel in tuff spots while using that fag heart thang...its like a babyees toy...

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-04-2005 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh my, I was at Wal*mart April 1st and saw RoE, of course I tried to buy it, but it set off the bells and whistles on the cash register and the dumb girl just panic'd. So i went back to Electronics and tried to buy it there, guy just said oops put out too early, then they removed them. I think they should've sold them to me, douchebags.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 04-04-2005 09:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey, what happened to the new Doom guy featured in all the magazine ads? He was pretty much the red zig-zag haired guy from the cover of Doom 2; yet, in the final version of the expansion your just some old grizzled ugly dude. =/

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-04-2005 11:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
um, yes there is. Its a little harder to do now. instead of holding jump mid air you have to time it correctly as soon as you hit the ground. I think n00bs tried it for 2 secs and panicked when they thought they removed it.

One of the ctf maps also has some boxes stacked up. You have to double jump to get up them, and its a quick route to the flag. not an easy task for rookies.

I've found a way to jump around curves now and gain massive speed. The technique is pretty much the CPM/QW-ish technique, but instead of holding only the strafe key in the desired direction to turn, you hold forward too, as you turn the mouse in that direction.

I guess you could say it's pretty much the same technique that you use in Quake III to jump in large circles around a room, but it's accelerated and easier to perform in Resurrection of Evil. Pretty neat. Probably useful in CTF.

Game, anyone? :)

Last edited by Mogul on 04-04-2005 11:45 PM, edited 1 time in total.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-04-2005 11:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

roz1281 wrote:
Oh my, I was at Wal*mart April 1st and saw RoE, of course I tried to buy it, but it set off the bells and whistles on the cash register and the dumb girl just panic'd. So i went back to Electronics and tried to buy it there, guy just said oops put out too early, then they removed them. I think they should've sold them to me, douchebags.

Same thing happened to me on March 30. :)

At Wal-Mart too.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-05-2005 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hehe that's ok I'm gonna go buy the xbox limited edition today, get the RoE later on...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-05-2005 09:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

roz1281 wrote:
Hehe that's ok I'm gonna go buy...

rofl...

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 04-05-2005 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chojin wrote:
Hey, what happened to the new Doom guy featured in all the magazine ads? He was pretty much the red zig-zag haired guy from the cover of Doom 2; yet, in the final version of the expansion your just some old grizzled ugly dude. =/

I think thats player 2 in coop mode for the xbox version of d3.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-05-2005 10:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, and while i like this new guys armor more, i think that xbox doom guys head was great

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-05-2005 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It really would be cool if they modelled this guy after the DOOM II box art, like they did the DOOM 3 XBox promotional stuff.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 04-05-2005 07:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
Chojin wrote:

I think thats player 2 in coop mode for the xbox version of d3.

Cripes your right. Shows how much I equate Doom3 with the Xbox.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-05-2005 10:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gonna invest soon i think

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.