Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Why remove good board features???

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 06:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i like the Y [icq] [msn] thingys on the post, but that just might be me... much easier if you need that info. turn down the saturation in the icons if the colour is overpowering ? :shrug:

oh, and if you're not going to customise the FAQ, i'd definately can it. all it contains is vague instructions on how to post on a bb, and i'm sure anyone who has managed to find this place can figure that much out for themselves. (same with usergroups)

One Sweet Mullet
One Sweet Mullet
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 08:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turb,

all of the stylistic work you have done looks great. but i'm wondering if you can redo the template to only use CSS for layout rather than tables.

kthx,

sirstrongbad.

:p

One Sweet Mullet
One Sweet Mullet
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 08:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turbanator wrote:
Bdw3 wrote:
U4EA wrote:
Memphis wrote:
The new post icons ..

On the old q3w, you could select an emoticon to be the post icon. I miss that :tear:

This I really miss. :icon14:

me and raw have discussed this, it will be added.... at some point.

a while back when i was toying with phpBB, i decided to try and do the message icon hack (pre-rolled, by the way). it was a nightmare. now that i know what i'm doing in PHP/SQL, it wouldn't be nearly as difficult. it does, however, require quite a bit of work.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 01:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turbanator wrote:
btw: I'm not liking the whole msn/icq/aim/Y! icons above a post... all that info is in the profile, how do you feel if I removed em?

Quite agreed. The chat info is a little too much on each post.

Last edited by Tormentius on 02-12-2005 01:02 AM, edited 1 time in total.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 01:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

i also remember a little refresh button being in the top right

That was on the Nav bar

God I miss that thing. It made Q3W the easiest board to navigate i'd ever seen

If there is one feature I'd love to see again, its that one.

FragaGeddon
FragaGeddon
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 06:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turbanator wrote:
btw: I'm not liking the whole msn/icq/aim/Y! icons above a post... all that info is in the profile, how do you feel if I removed em?

You should put the msn/icq/aim/Y! icons and also the pm/profile mail icons under the post count. Also leave out the words and just use alt=profile so when they hover over it they'll know what it is.

FragaGeddon
FragaGeddon
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 06:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FragaGeddon wrote:
Turbanator wrote:

You should put the msn/icq/aim/Y! icons and also the pm/profile mail icons under the post count. Also leave out the words and just use alt=profile so when they hover over it they'll know what it is.

And put the quote, edit & delete button to the far right.
And the IM icons,etc should be aligned to the bottom as ap[posed to directly under the post count.

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 06:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BTW, when I made the yahoo icon I didn't make it transparent so it looks kinda bad because we got different shades now.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 09:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:
Memphis wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

i also remember a little refresh button being in the top right

That was on the Nav bar

God I miss that thing. It made Q3W the easiest board to navigate i'd ever seen

If there is one feature I'd love to see again, its that one.

I agree. I loved the navbar, being able to jump directly to any forum without a bit of scrolling or extra clicking. The people who didn't use it were missing out -- I didn't use it or know about it for the first 3 years or so I posted here. When I finally started using it, it was like a whole new forum.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.