Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Used PS2

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Used PS2

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 10-06-2007 10:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Since preowned PS2s are now $80 and $100 for the original and redesign respectively I am thinking of picking one up. What are the definate great games for the PS2? So far I am thinking the Devil May Cry series, Grand Turismo 4, Ratchet and Clank, the Final Fantasies (including FF7 since it keeps failing on my PSP), God of War 1 and 2, Oni, Sly Cooper, Jak, the Silent Hills. Can anyone else think of some awesome games that no PS2 should be without?

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 10-06-2007 10:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

grand theft auto

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 10-06-2007 11:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well I already have GTA III and IV on my 360 and SA on my PC. I'm looking for games that aren't on the 360 too.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-06-2007 11:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great choice, the PS2 has a huge library of games... I'd didn't put them in strict order of preference, but you cannot go wrong with the first five.

Shadow of the Colossus
Resident Evil 4
Prince of Persia Series (I like the third one)
Metal Gear Solid 2/3
Okami
Burnout Series
Dragon Quest VIII
Grand Theft Auto Series
God Hand
Guitar Hero Series
Kingdom Hearts Series
NBA Street V3
Soul Calibur III
Tekken 5
Time Splitters
Black

Any particular genres you gravitate toward?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-06-2007 11:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kills On Site wrote:
Well I already have GTA III and IV on my 360 and SA on my PC. I'm looking for games that aren't on the 360 too.

I wasn't aware that GTA IV was released :D

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 10-06-2007 11:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fin, Vice City, my bad.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-06-2007 11:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heh, think he meant Vice City.

I have a broken PS2. Would it be cheaper to throw it in the trash and buy a new one or to actually get a new mainboard or fuse for it? Drunk bastard gave it to me a couple years ago and right after fixing its lens, the fuse popped.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-07-2007 12:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've heard amazing things about Shadow of Colossus. I almost bought a system just for the game, but sense came to me.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 10-07-2007 04:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cooldown wrote:
Great choice, the PS2 has a huge library of games... I'd didn't put them in strict order of preference, but you cannot go wrong with the first five.

Shadow of the Colossus
Resident Evil 4
Prince of Persia Series (I like the third one)
Metal Gear Solid 2/3
Okami
Burnout Series
Dragon Quest VIII
Grand Theft Auto Series
God Hand
Guitar Hero Series
Kingdom Hearts Series
NBA Street V3
Soul Calibur III
Tekken 5
Time Splitters
Black

Any particular genres you gravitate toward?

don't forget ICO and God of War I/II

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 10-07-2007 10:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dynasty / Samurai warriors is always good for kicks.
the onimusha games are well worth it
and i guess people like MGS 3 too

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 10-07-2007 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you haven't played it, Resident Evil 4 is great for the PS2. Not nearly as good looking and smooth as the GC version, but it has so much more extra stuff that it's a tough call to pick between the versions.

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 10-07-2007 12:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well I don't own a GC so it would be an easy pik for me. Basically all these games are pretty cheap too, which is awesome.

PostPosted: 10-07-2007 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, and you could always pickup a fat PS2, slip in an HD, and load it up with the games you already own.

Great value.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-07-2007 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:

don't forget ICO and God of War I/II

He mentioned GoW1/2 in his original post. :p

But yeah, Ico is also a good game by the same development team that created Shadow of the Colossus.

Kills on Site, definitely get Shadow of the Colossus, there is much out there that's like it.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 10-08-2007 04:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kills On Site wrote:
Well I already have GTA III and IV on my 360

Not possible... all lies!!!...lies...you hear!!

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 10-08-2007 06:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Heh, think he meant Vice City.

I have a broken PS2. Would it be cheaper to throw it in the trash and buy a new one or to actually get a new mainboard or fuse for it? Drunk bastard gave it to me a couple years ago and right after fixing its lens, the fuse popped.

Seeing as the fuse is most likely popping for a good reason, yeah I'd ditch it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.