Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Diablo III

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Diablo III

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-17-2012 11:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, good advice...

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-17-2012 02:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lvl 60. sup?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-17-2012 05:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

killed diablo hardcore. sup?

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 05-17-2012 06:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

(lvl 60) x (life) = -60

amirite ?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-17-2012 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

can someone record the fight with diablo, inferno plz

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-17-2012 07:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got laid. Sup?

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-17-2012 09:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

troll harder

shaft wrote:

nice!

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 04:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

lol nerds...

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 05:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like how Memphis is the one who started this thread.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 06:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
shaft wrote:
we play hardcore.

oh really? you play a 'game' where you click on things repeatedly, on 'hard' mode? allow me to stand aghast and gape in awe

/goatse

actually, it means if you die it deletes your game and character. l2p n00b.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 07:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Big difference...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 07:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Got laid. Sup?

yeah, but did you do it on hardcore?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 07:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was fucking on Normal. :(

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 02:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My copy is here and still sealed from launch day... I've just got back to the UK and travel again tomorrow, so refuse to open it / play it because I'll just ruin myself if I do... will be playing in 2 weeks though! Hopefully the "error 37" boss will have been conquered by then :)

I've heard that real money market doesn't allow selling on US East Realm with a UK CD-Key... which would suck a nut... if anyone could confirm it would be much appreciated! I'll be wanting to hammer this hard with the aim to make money again (thats why I want to play on US East), so those who are interested, lets rock this shit in a few weeks :D

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 02:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey Turb, long time.

You heard right: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article ... nal-access
Quote:
Players will have access to real-money auction houses in their “home” game region only, as determined by the country of residence registered to the player’s Battle.net account.

Make sure you register the game in The Americas.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 02:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah but can you do better than actually doing real work?

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 03:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
yeah but can you do better than actually doing real work?

Monetary reward for my gaming achievements is a fetish, I don't do it to survive; it's like people who enjoy spinning their money on the roulette table, instead I spin my time in the game and wish for the money to come out...

The exhilaration of finding a Windforce or Eaglehorn from a boss run.... I've yet to match it in another game, yet I never even fired a Windforce I ever found myself, I sold them all unidentified and partied the money away in clubs :D

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no argument here... gambling is the most retarded form of "entertainment"

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 04:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck both of u...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 07:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got the game yet Geoff?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Beat the game at 32. Good fun, I enjoyed Act IV thoroughly. :up:

Now on to Nightmare. >:D

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 05-19-2012 03:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it just me or was Act IV a bit short?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-19-2012 06:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Compared to the other acts, sure, but it was still a decent size. I liked it. :up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-19-2012 06:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Got the game yet Geoff?
nah...too busy for pc games ATM...fucking children...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-19-2012 06:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dump a few in the lake. :up:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-19-2012 02:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 05:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's an interesting article regarding the longevity of the game and chasing loot: Legendary / Set items Immenseley Undertuned, High-end Weapons Trivialized

I haven't hit 60 yet so I don't know what it's like at end game. One thing I can say about itemization is that the auction house makes blacksmithing completely and utterly worthless.

For my level [43], I can get a fairly good weapon for ~10,000 gold and a moderately worse one for ~5,000 gold. The filtering mechanism can be fine tuned to search for exactly the stats and weapon attributes you need. For example, with one of my passive skills, I get a 15% damage bonus with a main hand sword or dagger. So I can filter the auction house to find one hand swords or daggers, with a minimum threshold [of my choosing] of strength and vitality and a socket for the best ruby gem I have at the time. I can also put a cap on the buyout price to reduce the search to what I'm willing to spend [or to filter out those dumbfucks with 1,000,000 gold buyouts]. I can then sort the resulting list by DPS in descending order and then pick the one with the best ancillary stats. It's a joy to use. Repeat again for my off hand, except this time I'm not restricted to sword or dagger.

Compared to blacksmithing. Where you have to spend craptons of gold [and eventually, need to have those pages] to upgrade the blacksmith so you can craft something even remotely close to your level. Then you have to have a crapton of mats on-hand to craft the same item multiple times so you can get something with one or [if you're incredibly lucky] two stats that you might be looking for. It's a total crap shoot, and so not worth the time or money. I have yet to craft something past level 10 that I used. I gave up completely on the blacksmith by the time I hit 20. I dunno what I'm still salvaging blues for, might be worth more vendoring them?!

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 08:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The weapons he is trying to say are better than that legendary are actually worse. The vit bonus trumps the slightly lower DPS, plus 2 magic properties, but yeah, legendary items are usually weaker than rares.

The end game is just farming for gear, and for what purpose? Zerging through inferno? The game isn't really worth playing unless it's hardcore mode. It shifts the focus from obtaining loot for no reason to survival, which is nigh impossible. In hardcore there is no end game, just the high of narrow escapes and the memories of crushing defeats.

I can recall each of my deaths with vivid detail. Arcaneflamer, the melee wizard who was one shotted by a purple's giant hammer in act 2. VooDooMer, the witch doctor who taught me the importance of vitality as he was maimed by a single pestilence mob in act 3. Watching helplessly as two comrades were destroyed by Belial right before my very eyes. They will live on in the hall of fallen heroes.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 10:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For demon hunter and wizard, vit is useless because anything in inferno can one shot you. We only survive through the use of certain builds and anything outside that is just raw dps.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 12:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would imagine Diamond Skin and Teleport are essential, in that case.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 01:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't really do hardcore due to the latency. I probably won't even try regular inferno until later. Once I hit 60, I'll either finish hell or wait until I get bored [whichever comes first] and then switch to a different class.

I've read barbarians are pretty much forced to use a shield and become tanks to be even remotely useful in inferno groups.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 03:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:

I can recall each of my deaths with vivid detail. Arcaneflamer, the melee wizard who was one shotted by a purple's giant hammer in act 2. VooDooMer, the witch doctor who taught me the importance of vitality as he was maimed by a single pestilence mob in act 3. Watching helplessly as two comrades were destroyed by Belial right before my very eyes. They will live on in the hall of fallen heroes.

That's beautiful. :tear:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 04:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
you can also remember each time u sucked a cawk. plus the details

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 06:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't play as the lag here in nz is beyond fucked... Thinking about getting a refund. Not that I wanna buy anything else from blizzard. Worst sp experience ever.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.