Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Diablo III

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Diablo III

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 07:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

buncha noobs in here....

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 07:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 08:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Better sell it before you die...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 08:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

are the prices figured out by their system or you can charge whatever you want?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 08:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

set your own price. i found that for 25k. pretty sure i can flip it for 50k ez..

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 09:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My week of insanity is finally over. Made it into Act 4 Inferno with about 84 hours of playing time.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 11:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wrath of the boner king? :olo:

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 05-21-2012 12:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will you go ahead and complete Inferno or are you finished? I just cleared Hell about 30 minutes ago. I will be starting Inferno tomorrow.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-21-2012 03:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those are different difficulty levels you talk about, right? Is there such a difference in the Diablo experience between the various difficulty levels? I've never seen people play each difficulty level of a game so religiously. Normally you just play at a suitable difficulty and that's that. The rest of the game is just that same thing, only harder.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-21-2012 04:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:
My week of insanity is finally over. Made it into Act 4 Inferno with about 84 hours of playing time.

...posted on 5/20, the game has only been out since 5/15 :ducky:
hope you're using the toilet....

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 05-21-2012 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Those are different difficulty levels you talk about, right? Is there such a difference in the Diablo experience between the various difficulty levels? I've never seen people play each difficulty level of a game so religiously. Normally you just play at a suitable difficulty and that's that. The rest of the game is just that same thing, only harder.

Yes, there are four difficulty levels and they get progressively much harder: Normal, Nightmare, Hell and Inferno. You can't play on the harder difficulties until you've played through the easier ones. To play Inferno, you have to have finished it already on Normal, Nightmare and Hell.

There are a number of reasons people keep playing the same content at higher difficulties, but I'd guess the primary one is loot. Inferno drops the best items and is the logical place to farm for gear for yourself or to sell.

Another reason is for the sheer challenge of it. Normal is trivial and you can easily bumble your way through it without much thought. Nightmare is a bit harder and you may find yourself dying a bit more. I haven't gotten to Hell yet, but I've read this is where it really starts getting challenging. Inferno is supposed to be pretty tough. They tweaked Inferno until the point where their internal test/QA teams thought it was manageable, then they doubled it.

You get different achievements for completing the zones and bosses on different difficulties. Inferno also has some super tricky achievements e.g. killing bosses within time limits. Some people would find it fun to accumulate achievement points.

What makes repeated playthroughs palatable is that maps [aside from some specific areas] are randomly generated [like all previous Diablo games and Torchlight]. So although you're going through the same zone, the map will be unique each time. Also, elite packs are randomly generated with multiple skills from a selection of various abilities and the various combinations of skills makes for an interesting and sometimes frustrating experience. There is this one type of mob that does a whirlwind type attack and I got an elite pack of 3 with the "fast" and "vampiric" modifiers. I'd wear them down a bit with stuns and cooldowns, then they'd rush me, whirlwind and heal back all my damage through the vampiric mod. They were very fast and it was difficult to kite them. Had to call it quits and restart from a checkpoint after 10 minutes of stalemate. Was good fun though.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-21-2012 04:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
Will you go ahead and complete Inferno or are you finished? I just cleared Hell about 30 minutes ago. I will be starting Inferno tomorrow.

Yes. We had just gotten into Act 4 of inferno around 12:30am and we had to go back to work today so that was just an end point for the week of grinding. I'll still be playing for probably hours a day, but I'll actually be sleeping and shit lol.

HomerJ wrote:
bitWISE wrote:

...posted on 5/20, the game has only been out since 5/15 :ducky:
hope you're using the toilet....

Don't think there is a way to avoid that. I had purchased a lot of fruit, frozen food, beef jerky, nuts and soda. Mostly I just didn't sleep. The first couple days I only slept for the couple hours that the servers were down for us. After that I think I slept about four hours a night. It was stupid. But fun and I'd do it again.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 05-21-2012 04:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

jesus dude :smirk:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-21-2012 04:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

The areas are randomly generated as well as the enemies and loot. Max level is 60, you are around 30 by the end of normal run. As the difficulty levels progress you need to play differently and start worrying about specific resistances.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 05-21-2012 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't play public games with people you don't know, there's a Session ID spoof attack doing the rounds: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149539239

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-21-2012 07:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up:

A session ID spoof? Really? Christ.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 05-22-2012 04:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That probably isn't real. Most peoples shit was probably compromised long ago through other means. Same email and pass for everything, etc.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-22-2012 04:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yay got a refund, no questions asked. fuck you blizzard.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 05-22-2012 07:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
...fucking children...

Porking kids takes up your whole day, huh? Shocker.

I've not played any of the Diablo games, always seemed like the inventory/item management was too much of a chore and would detract from the gameplay. Is this the case? Would it be a complete exercise in frustration to try DIII?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-22-2012 08:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
scared? wrote:
...fucking children...

Porking kids takes up your whole day, huh? Shocker.

I've not played any of the Diablo games, always seemed like the inventory/item management was too much of a chore and would detract from the gameplay. Is this the case? Would it be a complete exercise in frustration to try DIII?

I would say if you've never tried D1/D2, D3 might be a bit strange but I don't think it'd be an exercise in frustration. You don't HAVE to play to be the best of the best. I'm sure tons of people have fun puttering along at their own pace. Normal/Nightmare should be fine for noobs, Hell and Inferno is where it pays (or rather, is essential) to put time into your stats/items/inventory/skills/etc.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 07:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6P-DwyEZAY&feature=plcp

These guys were bastards. Not the hardest but one of the most annoying groups I've come across so far.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 07:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stoner is cool but what's up with those other guy's voices?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 08:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they weren't stoned

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 08:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stoner wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6P-DwyEZAY&feature=plcp

These guys were bastards. Not the hardest but one of the most annoying groups I've come across so far.

I'd kill for a combo like that these days. Vortex/teleport with fire chains is probably the worst possible combo. Invulnerable minions is a bitch too.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 09:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I haven't gotten too far into hell on normal yet. Nightmare was pretty easy on normal. I've been playing my Witch Doctor on nightmare hardcore half of the time. Mostly just waiting for noobs that die to catch back up....

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 09:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also worth mentioning that with a ranged class that combo wouldn't have been nearly as irritating.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 09:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They hotfixed the two builds that were making inferno playable. Guess I should have pushed farther into act 4 rather than farming items.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5825330

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 10:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've got to admit, I must be terrible at this game. I die frequently. And I'm only level 14 on Normal. I guess I can't figure out what combo works best for my Barb. And my gear isn't that great. I've never used the Auction House. Is that a must to acquire good gear? The merchants don't seem to carry anything worth buying. I can find better gear than they offer. And I've done very little crafting...

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 11:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I've got to admit, I must be terrible at this game. I die frequently. And I'm only level 14 on Normal. I guess I can't figure out what combo works best for my Barb. And my gear isn't that great. I've never used the Auction House. Is that a must to acquire good gear? The merchants don't seem to carry anything worth buying. I can find better gear than they offer. And I've done very little crafting...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/b ... ZXVf!Z!aaa

This build was about how I played at level 14. I'd recommend using a one hander and a shield or dual wielding. The damage difference between a one hander and shield and dual wielding isn't that much. IMO 2 handers suck with the barbarian. You should be finding useful gear your first time through the game. Use Strength and Vitality gear, and if you find items with the "1-2 damage affix" normally they are huge upgrades in your damage. There is a list of your damage and stats on your inventory screen, make sure you look at your damage to make sure if something is an upgrade or not. Anyways if you're having trouble still maybe try and search for a barbarian guide on google.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 11:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Check the vendors every so often for the "1-2 damage" affix items, and start using the blacksmith, it is worth it until about level 25 or 30 imo.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You shouldn't be dying very often at all in Normal, even as a barbarian (widely recognized as the worst class to solo content with).

Create a defensive build with self-healing, damage reduction, armor increases, etc. The two stats you want the most are vitality (for health), and strength for damage.

Going with a very defensive build, my first clear of normal I died fewer than ten times, I think. It wasn't until other difficulties that it started getting brutal (about 50 deaths total in nightmare, and literally HUNDREDS on Hell, and Inferno is just insane unless you have absolutely outstanding gear with stats that you didn't know were possible).

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 01:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

I'll hook you up. Blacksmithing items aren't too shabby for lower level characters, and I have a ton of crafting materials I'm not using and excess gold. I can whip you up a few items to suit up with that should last a while. :up:

If you see me on next time you play, shoot me a PM.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 03:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the tips. I'm bout to get back at it...

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 05:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some fantastic Bashiok trolling in here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149180916

DooMer wrote:
That probably isn't real. Most peoples shit was probably compromised long ago through other means. Same email and pass for everything, etc.

I think you're right. Blizzard keeps asking for evidence but people screaming about getting hacked earlier are weirdly silent. In one case, someone provided a battle tag for investigation and they found that the authenticator had been applied after the hack.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 05-24-2012 10:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

God damn this game is brutal for barbarians on Inferno. In order to get the needed resist numbers for Act 2, you literally need gear from Act 4. So it's off to the AH. Each worthwhile piece (100ish vitality and 70ish resist) can cost anywhere between 600k and 2 million. It's absurd. Hard game... is hard. bitwise, funnel me some gear please. :(

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.