Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Pimping some new services

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Pimping some new services

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 09:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Delete if you must, but I feel these are pretty F'ing usefull.

Some of you are already using the http://www.dumpt.com service to host images quickly and easily for posting them here or somewhere else.

about dumpt.com
Dumpt is an easy image hosting solution for everyone. Have you ever wanted to share a picture with a friend, or many friends, yet didn't want to go through the trouble of creating an account at other image host providers, or resorting to something as inefficient as email? With our web service, you can easily upload any image from your computer and share it with anyone in the world! The image is stored on the Dumpt server indefinately.

After uploading an image, the website generates a link to your picture. Copy and paste this link anywhere you want, such as a chat client or message board. In fact, Dumpt automatically generates the necessary bbcode . All you have to do is copy and paste, and the image is instantly viewable.

:rtcw:

Here is a new one http://www.mirrorafile.com which will prove very useful in hosting up to a 100mb file and automatically pushing it out up to 9 hosting sites. no registration required

about mirrorafile.com
Mirror a File allows you to upload up to a 100 MB file and we upload it to as many as nine different free file hosts. This seriously increases the "up time" of your file and allows for easy access of your file to people all around the world that may have accounts with a variety of free file hosts. After you upload your file, Mirror a File will begin sending your file off to your selected free file hosts automatically. The final page we provide you with is a link page with all the mirrors we are uploading your file to, and the uploading status

:rtcw:

And lastly one of my personal favorites you can get from me if you PM me.
Search, stream and possibly download music ( without the usual bullshit, if the song is hosted on the web somewhere it will find it and play it for you.

EDIT:
Hmm.. I gues the last link breaks some rules or something :ninja:

EDIT 2:

I have one more good site I use for registration confirmations and general website signups.

http://www.disposableinbox.com

DisposableInbox.com allows you to use an email address for whatever reason and then after you've received your email, discard it or create another. Disposable Inbox is one of the fastest ways to get a throw-away email addresses to save your real address from spam.

Last edited by Giraffe }{unter on 09-17-2008 05:01 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 09:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i like the last one :up:

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 09:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks,

If anyone wants to bitch or suggest anything with the above sites feel free to criticize away.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 09:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giraffe }{unter wrote:
thanks,

If anyone wants to bitch or suggest anything with the above sites feel free to criticize away.

you've been here too long :olo:

I like the last two. :up:

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no complaints , this is a very welcome service to me personally and i know many people will thank you for it here.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dumpt looks like a useful alternative to rs and xsto :up:

is the last one pandora or something?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like the last two, but mirrorafile.com's design is an eyesore. :(

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

theres another one in T&T

u get owned GH ?

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 12:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
dumpt looks like a useful alternative to rs and xsto :up:

is the last one pandora or something?

More of a search for songs, then results are available for full mp3 download, streaming, or adding to your play list. The site does not host any of the songs it just finds them for you to enjoy. ;)

Transient wrote:
I like the last two, but mirrorafile.com's design is an eyesore. :(

Yeah, it's quite bold and seems confusing when you first load it up.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 12:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
theres another one in T&T

u get owned GH ?

link?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

have u removed the mpfree link or a mod.

http://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewto ... 6&start=35

end of page.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 01:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A moderator did I guess it's borderline against the rules?

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 09-16-2008 11:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i didn't delete anything .. i only quoted you.

i will delete link just in case unless told otherwise

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-17-2008 04:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not sure offering free mp3's for download, even when the site that's offering them isn't hosting them, is legal in the US. I'm not surprised someone removed the link.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 09-17-2008 05:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, it's not a problem anyone who wants the link is getting in touch with me. Ax, it's not the quoted text it's my original post that the link was removed from. Thanks for moving it over there. :up:

I have one more good site I use for registration confirmations and general website signups.

http://www.disposableinbox.com

DisposableInbox.com allows you to use an email address for whatever reason and then after you've received your email, discard it or create another. Disposable Inbox is one of the fastest ways to get a throw-away email addresses to save your real address from spam.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-17-2008 05:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thats a n1. i normally use my hotmail acct for that but i can really see that being useful :up:

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 09-17-2008 06:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I'm not sure offering free mp3's for download, even when the site that's offering them isn't hosting them, is legal in the US. I'm not surprised someone removed the link.

Bingo.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 09-17-2008 08:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
thats a n1. i normally use my hotmail acct for that but i can really see that being useful :up:

I use http://www.mailinator.com/ for throw away stuff.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 09-17-2008 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Getting spam doesn't really stress me. I mean gosh, clicking a mouse is just SOOOOOO hard. :rolleyes:

:D

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 09-18-2008 05:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Peenyuh wrote:
Getting spam doesn't really stress me. I mean gosh, clicking a mouse is just SOOOOOO hard. :rolleyes:

:D

It's more of an annoyance when while deleting 300 messages you mis the 3 actual important emails that you needed to read.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 09-18-2008 08:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I... uh... don't get important emails...

:tear:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.