Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        One more month til Boilng point: road to hell world wide rel

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: One more month til Boilng point: road to hell world wide rel

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been watching this for a few months... its a few guys from SCG (the developing company of the always delayed S.T.A.L.K.E.R) that left to start their own game company called deep shadow... their game looks awsome.

If your not a graphics whore and like games with a seamless world to play in with vehicles,planes,choppers,tanks and a bunch of fun weapons.. and also a world with day to night cycle and weather effects.. then this is the game for you.

Think joint ops/Operation flashpoint worlds and the story from some arnold flick a.k.a collateral damage where he goes to rescue his friend/daughter etc in south america. It also have some RGP elements in it aswell... like upgrades,buying selling stuff, talking to locals and make scheduels since shops close, people finish work etc etc..

Unfortunally(maybe?) the game ships without MP but the developers will release it as a free patch at a later time(just like Valve did), i guess they are choosing to do so, so players can enjoy the 20+ hours sp adventure first and dont have to feel stressed to try the mp.

"Vehicles are vital to navigating the world of Realia. There are 26 vehicles in the game which can be bought and sold--and stolen. Vehicles play an integral part in many of the missions and are not just limited to cars and trucks. Besides helicopters, tanks, and cars, there are also boats and planes. Not only are vehicles critical to missions in particular, but since the game is open-ended, if you'd like to do some sightseeing within 25 square kilometers of the gameworld, a vehicle can really come in handy.
Having a large, persistent world has the same effect on gameplay that it does in Grand Theft Auto. It adds a level of constant immersion for the player, as the game never stops and never loads. The world is big enough that the flying vehicles still have plenty of room to operate without reaching the edges of the environment. Overall, this is probably the most impressive technical feature of the game, and it really defines the action and gameplay."

Here are some background/features:

First and third person view
Massive continuous world spanning 625 square kilometre
Huge choice of weapons, kit and armour
Vehicle management: helicopters, tanks, cars, motorboat
Realtime day/night system
6 factions to work with - or against, relevant to the main storyline
Highly detailed outdoor environment
Relation AI: instant live feedback
Unique skill-based system

Movies:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_8354.shtml
http://www.gamershell.com/download_8258.shtml
ps.
If you wanna see how huge the world is, then download this movie: http://www.gamershell.com/download_7887.shtml

[lvlshot]http://cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots/7642/153082_full.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots/7642/153077_full.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots/7642/150573_full.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots/7642/165103_full.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots/7642/156718_full.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots/7642/156710_full.jpg[/lvlshot]

Worldwide release 20th of may!
Be there cunts! :icon31:

Last edited by reefsurfer on 04-20-2005 11:34 AM, edited 1 time in total.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 11:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

finally a release date! ill definitely get this one :D :icon14:

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

P.S
If you wanna see how huge the world is, then download this movie: http://www.gamershell.com/download_7887.shtml

There are no load times, yet the world is packed with NPC's you can talk to, vehicles, wildlife, alive cities, jungles, bridges, bad guys etc etc etc... omg eeh? :icon28:

kewl. :icon25:

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LeonardoP wrote:
finally a release date! ill definitely get this one :D :icon14:

yea, me too! :icon30:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow! the vid is impressive! bit like GTA:SA but more my style :D

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 12:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ever considered working for a gaming mag reefsurfer. You seem to have a way with how you explain upcoming games that I tend to like...imo...

ps. cunt

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 12:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

btw, wtf are those shadows thinking in that second pic! :lol:

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bork[e] wrote:

They havent enabled real time shadows in that pic, so they are just drawn on.. dont know if there will be any shadows/lightning feautre in this game though.

No, no gaming mag... i have to many games to play, cant be occupied with typing shit that noone will read anyway, besides, im far to busy delivering game news to you faggots. :icon30:

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer wrote:
bork[e] wrote:

They havent enabled real time shadows in that pic, so they are just drawn on.. dont know if there will be any shadows/lightning feautre in this game though.

No, no gaming mag... i have to many games to play, cant be occupied with typing shit that noone will read anyway, besides, im far to busy delivering game news to you faggots. :icon30:

:lol: coo..

and the shadow bit, good to hear that isn't how it's going to look. otherwise seems like a kick ass game.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 01:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lens flares like those are for newbs :p

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 03:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:

yea, and this is their first game... so they are "unexpierenced", but they have still managed to make one hell of a game... i hope they succed well.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 04-21-2005 12:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm sick of war games .. played Brothers in Arms for about 30 mins before uninstalling it =/

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-21-2005 12:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:

yea, they should use bloom !!

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 04-21-2005 01:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer wrote:

Interesting!

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 04-21-2005 05:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
reefsurfer wrote:

Interesting!

Yea, to me it seems that the developers have taken the rpg parts from Stalker and added 'em in boiling point.

Could be nice as hell.

diabolical besier hugger in disguise
diabolical besier hugger in disguise
PostPosted: 04-21-2005 06:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
I'm sick of war games .. played Brothers in Arms for about 30 mins before uninstalling it =/

I dont get it it either, it seems like more than 50% of the market is just about world war 2, under different titles, and always under the same, boring and crappily thoughted envirionments and gameplay feeling

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 04-21-2005 07:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

corsair wrote:
U4EA wrote:

I dont get it it either, it seems like more than 50% of the market is just about world war 2, under different titles, and always under the same, boring and crappily thoughted envirionments and gameplay feeling

But what about Call of duty 2! :icon28:
It looks awsome.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.