Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        building fire in madrid proves 911 hoax...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
You still haven't told me how your magic inertia works.

If 1/2 up in a tower (whith the static system of WTC) the static system fails (by which cause ever) the above 1/2 will sag down practically vertical, crushing the floors below. Why should it drop to any side? To deflect the inertia of these hundrets of thousands of tons weight on their way straight down you would need an immense force from a side. Tell me where this force hides in your common sense theory?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why should have fallen at all? the answer...it should not have...one of the engineers of the building said each tower could have several jumbo jets hit it and it would not fall...of course the fires have been ruled out by everyone but morons and govt shills...

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

From Puff's link:

NOVA: The Twin Towers collapsed essentially straight down. Was there any chance they could have tipped over?

Eagar: It's really not possible in this case. In our normal experience, we deal with small things, say, a glass of water, that might tip over, and we don't realize how far something has to tip proportional to its base. The base of the World Trade Center was 208 feet on a side, and that means it would have had to have tipped at least 100 feet to one side in order to move its center of gravity from the center of the building out beyond its base. That would have been a tremendous amount of bending. In a building that is mostly air, as the World Trade Center was, there would have been buckling columns, and it would have come straight down before it ever tipped over.

Thomas Eagar is Thomas Lord Professor of Materials Engineering and Engineering Systems at MIT.

Have you ever seen the demolition of buildings? They blow them up, and they implode. Well, I once asked demolition experts, "How do you get it to implode and not fall outward?" They said, "Oh, it's really how you time and place the explosives." I always accepted that answer, until the World Trade Center, when I thought about it myself. And that's not the correct answer. The correct answer is, there's no other way for them to go but down. They're too big. With anything that massive -- each of the World Trade Center towers weighed half a million tons -- there's nothing that can exert a big enough force to push it sideways.

Last edited by Fender on 02-16-2005 10:43 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i say in order to really get to the bottom of this, the us should reconstruct the towers and remotely fly some planes into them and study what happens...it would cost alot less then the useless wars we are fighting now...

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
one of the engineers of the building said each tower could have several jumbo jets hit it and it would not fall

wow there is some solid proof, i bet you can find a handfull of engineers that will tell you the freeways in California are Earthquake proof as well.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The impact of a jumbo releases not more energy on a building like the WTC than a storm. To believe towers would fall over just by such an impact is plain stupid.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what u morons keep missing is the towers were designed to take the impacts of these types of planes and not fall...easily...the building swayed less from the planes then they did in winter storms...the cores of the buildings were intact and the fires did not get hot enuff to do shit...hence the black smoke(which means low temp fires)..

if u wanna believe the govt conspiracy theory go ahead...

and remember they blamed osama but have never shown any proof at all that he was behind it...none...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
what u morons keep missing is the towers were designed to take the impacts of these types of planes and not fall...easily...the building swayed less from the planes then they did in winter storms...the cores of the buildings were intact and the fires did not get hot enuff to do shit...hence the black smoke(which means low temp fires)..

and remember they blamed osama but have never shown any proof at all that he was behind it...none...

you said yourself the planes went in one side and come out the other so how could they not of damaged the core ?

that link puff posted i believe said there was reports of the building swaying for an entire 10 seconds in 1 direction

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:

Congrats on starting to make more intelligent posts. :drool:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

did u see it swaying in the videos? no u didn't...read up on the core and u might undertsand...maybe...doubtfully...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
...the cores of the buildings were intact ...

Any proof of that? Nobody has...

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
R00k wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
i do

edit @ rook

Can you tell me why, exactly?

Why they fell?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wtc/collapse.html a good explaination is found here...

Do you have specific problems with this explanation? What are they?

no, it's just hard for me to understand why people are still discussing the reason for their collapse.

if it's to get to the bottom of some perceived government negligence, or even complicity, then there is a lot of better evidence pointing to it than unavailable physical evidence. you can look at the jfk assassination to see that magic bullet theories do not make a case in and of themselves. the real proof is in the motive and means, and who benefits. cui bono.

i can understand wanting to get to the bottom of it out of curiosity, especially when there are so many things that just don't seem to fit together -- i pored over a lot of pages on the towers and the pentagon after the attacks myself -- but by now it's obvious to me that there will never really be enough evidence available to prove either side right or wrong.

i also think that anybody who suspects there may have been some sort of corrupt government complicity, is only shooting themselves in the foot by pointing to all this physical evidence, due to the simple fact that there's no way they can prove it enough to convince anyone who already believes otherwise. :shrug:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
did u see it swaying in the videos? no u didn't...read up on the core and u might undertsand...maybe...doubtfully...

i dont think ive ever seen a tower sway and if i did see one which has swayed enough to make it visible im sure it wouldve fell over on the spot

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:

o and i did read up on the core... it was a redundant (sp) design meaning if one sytem failed another could take the support which is why they didnt collapse immediatly

the building was damaged so much that the remaining supports eventually give way and the building fell floor by floor because of the extreme weight above it

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/analysi ... lumns.html

its obviousl lochunk is really losCunt...any questions?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Rook: agreed.
We have two separate discussions going on and mixing up in this thread. One about who initiated the attacks and one in the scientific direction, how/why the towers went down.
As for me, i don't know enough hard facts on who really was behind the attacks. But at least they were very welcome to the Bush administration...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah u must always ask urself who benefits from attacks like this...or the one in lebanon the other day...not muslims thats for sure...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:

Actually, no, they weren't. They planned for planes to hit it, but not fully loaded, fully fueled planes that were larger than the largest commercial plane at the time. They planned for an impact from a plane that was half-fueled and lost in a fog, not going full throttle at an angle to optimize structural impact.

You're right about the fires not being too terribly hot, but remember that these planes were going 500 MPH when they hit, knocking all the fireproofing right off the beams. Fire was the cause of the collapse, no doubt.

edit: that and the fuckers who flew the plane into the buildings. I'd say it was mostly their fault :dork:

Last edited by Transient on 02-16-2005 11:06 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/analysis/official/columns.html

its obviousl lochunk is really losCunt...any questions?

Quote:
The impacts damaged less than 15 percent of the perimeter columns in either tower. The South Tower's core columns apparently escaped significant damage.

note the key word 'apparently'

that links shit at best

also the reason why the outer core was damaged so little is because the wings are flimsy as fuck, the bulk of the plain is the fuselage which tore into the twin towers like a bullet and is why you cant see any of the wreckage in the pictures, if you cant see the wreckage then it must be deeper in the building (and if the building is basically 'air' like all these links say then it wouldve had a clear run to the core)

or like you said, went in one side and come out the other without going through the middle of the building

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol ur dumb..

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

chopov wrote:
SplishSplash wrote:
You still haven't told me how your magic inertia works.

If 1/2 up in a tower (whith the static system of WTC) the static system fails (by which cause ever) the above 1/2 will sag down practically vertical, crushing the floors below. Why should it drop to any side? To deflect the inertia of these hundrets of thousands of tons weight on their way straight down you would need an immense force from a side. Tell me where this force hides in your common sense theory?

To be quite honest, now that I've watched the video and you made this post, I can see what you mean and agree with it.

I still don't believe the towers should have fallen at all though.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
lol ur dumb..

how so

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
To be quite honest, now that I've watched the video and you made this post, I can see what you mean and agree with it.

Read page 2 of Puff's link.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wtc/collapse.html

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
my cuntry has gone to shit...that why i care...i have 4 kids and 1 on the way...

If you have that much of an issue with the state of the world then why don't you stop breeding?

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Freakaloin wrote:
lol ur dumb..

how so

The same way I am. We are dumb for continuing to argue with this brainwashed moron.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thats a myth dude...they were designed for fully loaded planes...u just heard that on the news or something...its not true, and in fact the planes could have withstood multiple impacts from fully loaded planes...that knocking the fireproofing off the steel is only a theory which tries to explain why the steel melted when the temps were so low...just a theory...

Quote:

Actually, no, they weren't. They planned for planes to hit it, but not fully loaded, fully fueled planes that were larger than the largest commercial plane at the time. They planned for an impact from a plane that was half-fueled and lost in a fog, not going full throttle at an angle to optimize structural impact.

You're right about the fires not being too terribly hot, but remember that these planes were going 500 MPH when they hit, knocking all the fireproofing right off the beams. Fire was the cause of the collapse, no doubt.

edit: that and the fuckers who flew the plane into the buildings. I'd say it was mostly their fault :dork:

Last edited by Freakaloin on 02-16-2005 11:16 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
Freakaloin wrote:
lol ur dumb..

how so

The same way I am. We are dumb for continuing to argue with this brainwashed moron.

i agree, but everytime i see this thread at the top of the page i cant help but click it :(

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Freakaloin wrote:
lol ur dumb..

how so

not worth explaining...u won't understand...

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
SplishSplash wrote:

Yeah, that's the "failing truss" theory. They kinda debunked that in the link I posted though.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
Freakaloin wrote:
lol ur dumb..

how so

try me

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that truss theory was put out like a day after the collapse...rofl...then destroyed a little later...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Freakaloin wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
Freakaloin wrote:
lol ur dumb..

how so

try me

no...rofl...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
Freakaloin wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
Freakaloin wrote:
lol ur dumb..

how so

try me

no...rofl...

cock

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PWNED...

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
Fender wrote:
SplishSplash wrote:

Yeah, that's the "failing truss" theory. They kinda debunked that in the link I posted though.

This link?
http://911research.wtc7.net/talks/tower ... index.html
:lol: there is not one bit of science in that. Not one. Nothing in there but conjecture by another idiot on the Internet.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.