Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-01-2016 07:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oooohhhhhhhh wings

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-02-2016 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you planning on visiting the server again, big boy?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-02-2016 12:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Myself and Happy were walking about it today...we are visiting soon. Perhaps Sunday

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-09-2016 01:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Every time I log on and see your work, I want to give up Minecraft in a way.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-09-2016 04:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you could always be inspired instead..?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-09-2016 11:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I dont have the artistic ability or vision to do that... *sad face*

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-10-2016 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dude, you need to look up minecraft megabuilds on youtube and see what real vision and ability is

i just made it up as i went along, and to be honest i don't think much of the result. it's just big, that's all

big /= awesome

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-25-2016 11:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Topic: Minecraft - Anyone still playing?

Me? Well I am still digging .... ..... ....

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-25-2016 11:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Every time I log on and see your work, I want to give up Minecraft in a way.

I ended up feeling the same way when the MC server was running... see something amazingly artistic that seremtan had created and think, damn can't do that.... I'll just create miles and miles of endless paths.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-26-2016 12:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is exactly what I do :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-26-2016 09:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
I ended up feeling the same way when the MC server was running... see something amazingly artistic that seremtan had created and think, damn can't do that.... I'll just create miles and miles of endless paths.

dude, you built a huge sandstone desert city on the old Q3W server, not to mention the epic xp farm with the spiders

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-26-2016 08:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah... I built a few things. :) Just saying your stuff had a nice artsy polish to it that took some talent.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-27-2016 11:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is there a Q3W server still about?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-28-2016 07:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No... just archive of maps you can view/download:

http://mc.ciole.net

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-28-2016 10:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:

Mindblowingly awesome :up: :up:
Hey thanks a big thanks mjrpes and all involved.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-28-2016 11:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hah, I remember those :D

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-29-2016 09:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:

is 'Creeper' the one with that tower i built with the giant creeper banners? that was the creative server, right?

Floating Lands? that's the one i remember most

dat epic sunken forest thing at top left. also terraforming the desert the bottom left into forest :drool:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-29-2016 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"btw cocks" :olo:

old rgoer meme

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-29-2016 10:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

click on mjrpes link then, clart

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-29-2016 10:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Q3W Minecraft History

Babel Map. Named after shaft's massive babel complex. He also did a cool pyramid complex. This was by far the most busy map. Doomer/BKB did underground lava game and biodome. obsidian did q3dm6 and Frank Lloyd Wright house. mrd had his island complex. Silicone_Milk cut a circle in the ocean. fKd/auf built an aircraft carrier and lots of cool buildings. I forget who did the dinosaur/UFO... Grandpa Stu? Eraser built a factory, soccer field, and Wolfenstein level. I did the city, bridge, stadium and way too complicated underground complex. There was a mana tree burning and the obsidian shaft. There wasn't creative at this point but I installed cool mods like glass carpet that let you fly around.

Fire Pyramid - Survival server. Named after the fire pyramid Kracus built. Not much happened here. I built a complex at spawn with portals to the old server and the nether. Massive underground area. This was around the time rails got supported and so there was a mass transit out in different directions. I set a size limit on the map; that's why it looks square around spawn; later i removed it and went on an adventure out west.

BTW - Named for a certain sign. Can't remember much about this one. seremtan starting playing and did pretty much anything of interest here.

Creeper - Named after seremten's creeper tower. New biomes had been added so why not have a fresh start? Most of the stuff here is seremten. Foo had his mansion. Silicone_milk did the big wood thing. You can't see it on the map but the first level of Super Mario Bros. is drawn on the side of the canyon that goes northwest. The water pyramid to the south, by the America tribute area, extends well underground. At the end of the map's life everything was destroyed by TNT.

Floating Lands - Again, mostly seremten's amazing work here. Foo and Psyche911 did a lot too at the beginning... although Foo never finished his cathedral :( I think this was the best seed out of all the maps... lots of terrain diversity. Psyche911 found two mob spawns close to each other and created a mob murdering factory (it's the brick building in underground view). This was the first map with 256 height, so I built a tower up to height limit south of spawn (tip: if you go to the building just west of the tower, there's a switch to light the building up). This is the first map with villages IIRC, so I became obsessed with building roads connecting them all; you can see them more easily if you switch to night mode. The map started survival but I got interested in terraforming later on and that's where the floating land mass came from (carved under seremten's existing village) and the large mountain area to the far northwest.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 12:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^^^ Thanks mjrpes for that history.
Somehow, even after starting this topic in September 2010 I never ventured with the Q3W folk :tear:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-11-2016 04:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn, sounds like I missed the boat on this...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-11-2016 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i think Donny's realms server is still up. haven't been on in a while tho

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-11-2016 10:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
i think Donny's realms server is still up. haven't been on in a while tho

I'd like to give it a go if anyone is interested? Maybe get the band back together for a quick gig ;)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-12-2016 01:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, post an IP?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-12-2016 03:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's a realms server, you need to ask Donny for an invite

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-15-2016 07:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Currently on Mars, trying to handcraft DOOM ;)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-15-2016 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Currently on Mars, trying to handcraft DOOM ;)

Me too :eek: but I will view the video Memphis. I am enjoying Doom but did escape yesterday as I am still digging :smirk:
There was an earlier mention of Space Engineers in the forum wasn't there?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-17-2016 11:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser, Whiskey - give me your details and I'll add you to the server

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-17-2016 11:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah come on guys let's build something

this single player shizzle is getting old

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-17-2016 11:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck off and start your own thread u cheeky kunt

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-18-2016 10:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Eraser, Whiskey - give me your details and I'll add you to the server

I sent a PM Don Carlos :D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-18-2016 10:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the videos Memphis :up:

It certainly looks like a game (read escapism) I'd be into but I am still loitering on Mars and digging, forever digging in Minecraft and yes, still occasionally chasing worms :smirk:

Oh, and thanks too for the humblebundle.com offer :D

$AUD 12.00 :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-23-2016 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

has anyone who got whitelisted for Donny's server actually gone on it?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-23-2016 09:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've not added anyone yet and I haven't messaged Whiskey back *bad donald*

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.