Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Fallout: New Vegas

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Fallout: New Vegas

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 11:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

did encounter 1 bug, fucked my shit up. the ambient music reminds me of original fallouts.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-24-2010 12:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

much like oblivion, you should prolly always keep 3 saves :[

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-24-2010 01:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its defo getting better now I'm, nearing the strip and doing more decent side quests but it still feels like a bit of a grind at times, which Fallout 3 never felt like.

And yeah, I always keep three hard saves, I'm just used to doing it every few minutes. I never depend on autosaves anyway, even more so in a game where doing something as complex as firing your weapon can crach your game and corrupt your save file.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 10-25-2010 02:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
did encounter 1 bug, fucked my shit up. the ambient music reminds me of original fallouts.

Theres a sub-folder in the music folder on the PC version, which has "old/FO1" "old/FO2" etc.. I assume it has remixed versions of them.

I could have sworn I heard some Oblivion music in there too, when wandering in the wilderness.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-25-2010 05:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck you Pauly and DooMer. You and your "no bugs here" posts just cost me $60...

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 10-25-2010 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Consider it a toll for looking under the bridge.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-25-2010 02:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

brisk wrote:
I could have sworn I heard some Oblivion music in there too, when wandering in the wilderness.

Yep, you definitely did as I've heard a bunch. I think they really cheaped out by not developing a new score. I really connect the music to the game I'm playing, so having the same music for several games completely messes with my head.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-25-2010 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Fuck you Pauly and DooMer. You and your "no bugs here" posts just cost me $60...

pirate the game before u buy :rolleyes:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-25-2010 05:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dr_Watson wrote:
Consider it a toll for looking under the bridge.

SoM wrote:
pirate the game before u buy :rolleyes:

Hey deuchefags, I meant that as a good thing. I'm excited for the game since they're not having any (few) problems...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-25-2010 06:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can understand bugs where you get stuck in walls, but what kind of coding mess must this be that you'd get randomly rotating heads?

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 10-26-2010 04:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I completed it with the wildcard ending. All missions done diplomatically and the ending was more neutral/good. I think the NCR and House ending are generally classified as the "good" endings, with the Legion one specifically "Bad".

The whole morality thing is ambiguous though and I didn't trust any of the factions in the end.

Oh and Cass is awesome.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-26-2010 09:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
brisk wrote:

Yep, you definitely did as I've heard a bunch. I think they really cheaped out by not developing a new score. I really connect the music to the game I'm playing, so having the same music for several games completely messes with my head.

lol? that sounds fucking gay, bad bad bethesda

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-26-2010 12:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

brisk wrote:
I completed it with the wildcard ending. All missions done diplomatically and the ending was more neutral/good. I think the NCR and House ending are generally classified as the "good" endings, with the Legion one specifically "Bad".

The whole morality thing is ambiguous though and I didn't trust any of the factions in the end.

Oh and Cass is awesome.

Wow, you already finished it? A game like this usually takes me 60+ hours. But I'm also an avid explorer. Try to find everything...

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 10-26-2010 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This game is fucking epic.
There is another ending where you can go Rogue and take over New Vegas for yourself, it means a lot of fighting though, so you have to get your character pumped.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-28-2010 07:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bought this game last night. I'm gonna fire it up when I get home...

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 10-28-2010 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks for letting us know.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-28-2010 07:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I went ahead and played some tonight.

More updates to come...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-01-2010 12:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This game is fun as hell. The Hardcore option makes it particularly interesting. Haven't experienced any bugs yet. :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-06-2010 08:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm constantly gathering too much shit to carry. It's really a fucking pain. And on top of that I'm playing Hardcore mode, so ammo has weight. Any tips on reducing the amount of shit that accumulates? I know I can simple drop stuff, but I'm really down to the bare essentials and it's not as if my strength isn't high enough...

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-06-2010 08:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, only keep 2 or 3 weapons that you NEED to carry, obviously only wear armour when you need to, so you move faster, but also make sure it doesn't give you any penalties for wearing it. Remember that food/water/sleep/rads all will make you carry LESS when they creep up.

The biggest tip though is your ammo... It looks at first glance that it won't really weigh you down that much, but it really does. Sell everything you can that isn't for a weapon your not using.

You should find yourself around the 100 or so mark weight wise, with a few hundred to play with for picking up stuff on your travels.

I had to give up playing until they release the new patch, way, way, way too many bugs were making the game really a bore to play, and for some reason the higher level you are, the more the game will CTD with no reason at all, at any given time :(

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 11-06-2010 08:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
I had to give up playing until they release the new patch, way, way, way too many bugs were making the game really a bore to play, and for some reason the higher level you are, the more the game will CTD with no reason at all, at any given time :(

This is the exact problem I had with FO:3, and the reason I decided to wait on this game and see how it turned out. Thanks for saving me some money. :miffed:

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 11-07-2010 06:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking reputation bug, it keeps disappearing and I can't use my NCR radio. no idea what else it fucks up for me.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-08-2010 03:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A patch is incoming.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-08-2010 07:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes... But to be fair, this shit shouldn't have been there in the first place. I understand that such a massive open ended game will have bugs, and that its a 100% cert that you WILL get them...

But shit like save games breaking and whatever shows me that they did fuck all testing on it. They should have just been honest and said "Hey up duck, teh games not ready yet innit, wait another month." Instead, once again, we paid to be beta testers...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-08-2010 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, paying retail price to beta test :olo:

PostPosted: 11-08-2010 06:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

who paid?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-11-2010 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I heard and read all the horror stories but so far, it's playing fine. I already installed the first PC patch before starting. In the 15 hours I played the game crashed once. I can live with that.

It feels a lot more like the original Fallouts and I like it better then Fallout 3. I'm having a lot of fun. Especially all the references to the earlier games are great. I don't care about the graphics. It looks nice enough.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 11-11-2010 09:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No problems at all on the 360 so far except for items sort of levitating on tables after you take on thing from it.

The freedom you have to deal with some of the stories is great - the designers did a great job with that. Take the whole mission inside the white-glove society's hotel. Without spoiling what you do in there, the number of different ways you can go about finding the mystery, investigating the mystery, and resolving the problem is pretty impressive. That was one small part of the game and it kept me occupied for a few hours overall. This game makes it hard for me to keep my schedule of not gaming for more than an hour at a time though.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-12-2010 06:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
who paid?

lots of morons, definitely ones with 360s

PostPosted: 11-12-2010 07:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
No problems at all on the 360 so far except for items sort of levitating on tables after you take on thing from it.

The freedom you have to deal with some of the stories is great - the designers did a great job with that. Take the whole mission inside the white-glove society's hotel. Without spoiling what you do in there, the number of different ways you can go about finding the mystery, investigating the mystery, and resolving the problem is pretty impressive. That was one small part of the game and it kept me occupied for a few hours overall. This game makes it hard for me to keep my schedule of not gaming for more than an hour at a time though.

Yeah I always have a plan of doing something until I find something else on the way. I think I messed up Crazy crazy crazy though, I never ran into the big guy again and killed tabitha by accident. Also, I went from having 2 followers to just 1, couldn't pick up Raul, the fuck?

guru
guru
PostPosted: 11-12-2010 09:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
tnf wrote:

Yeah I always have a plan of doing something until I find something else on the way. I think I messed up Crazy crazy crazy though, I never ran into the big guy again and killed tabitha by accident. Also, I went from having 2 followers to just 1, couldn't pick up Raul, the fuck?

{spoiler}

Right now I'm in Ceasar's camp deciding what to do with the platinum chip - don't know if I should trash the equipment in the bunker or do what Mr.House wants me to do. Still need to figure out how to reprogram the security bots for myself.

I loaded my character's gun skill up right away so that by level 15 it was at 100. That has made combat really easy. In fallout 3 I tried to be a generalist, always distributing a few skill points to everything and always got my ass handed to me. Mostly guns, lockpick, science, and speech - speech skill opens a lot of stuff for you.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-12-2010 11:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

More spoilers...

Heh, I activated the robot army, went back to tell Caesar, blew him and his entourage up with C4 (dumbassed AI doesn't react to you dropping C4 at their feet), then stealth-boyed out of camp.
You can get Yes Man to imprint himself onto Lucky 38's systems thereby allowing you control of the army. That's what I did :)
Mind you, by level 30, I had 100 guns, 100 speech, 100 barter, 100 science, 100 sneak and 100 lockpicking.
Intensive Training is the best perk in the game ;)

PostPosted: 11-12-2010 11:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes man cracked me up.

This game is really good though. Really. So much better than Fallout 3.

PostPosted: 11-13-2010 12:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

god fucking damnit, I put my minigun and plasma caster in ED-E and then it got upgraded and returned to me with a fucking empty inventory.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 11-13-2010 02:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I lost some early power armor by giving it to a companion ;(

Also, the storage units next to the workbenches in the presidential suite lose all the gear I store in them.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.