Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Battlefield 3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Battlefield 3

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-14-2011 05:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
irnv scope on console and i hardly use it as well since it's a bitch to aim. An orange dot with sway on a target that is orange with a more pronounced recoil is not as effective as iron sights or a holo

you can get rid of sway by holding breath..same as sniper scope.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 11-14-2011 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When did morons decide that it would be a good gameplay choice to make the two teams the same fucking color?

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 11-14-2011 05:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i use spec ops black... all black e'erthang nucca

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 11-14-2011 07:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Not sure what game you're playing but everything you said here is wrong. You sound like a complete noob.

Must be why I have 83 MVP ribbons. :rolleyes:

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 11-14-2011 07:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

got em

PostPosted: 11-14-2011 07:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol not when it comes to tanks

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-14-2011 07:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Psyche911 wrote:
shaft wrote:
Not sure what game you're playing but everything you said here is wrong. You sound like a complete noob.

sure you do

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 11-14-2011 07:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whatever, troll.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-14-2011 07:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no plz, show us

PostPosted: 11-14-2011 09:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just played this... one tank, start to finish, with a gunner on comms. we whooped ass.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ba ... 201072974/

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-14-2011 09:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MVP :up:

PostPosted: 11-14-2011 09:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Psyche911 wrote:
shaft wrote:

MVP1 ribbons or altogether?

PostPosted: 11-15-2011 02:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: got 5 roadkills with the mav in one game... it was all i was doing :) had 6 guys trying to shoot me down at once lololol, one guy whipped out stinger missiles :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-15-2011 05:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol what a shitty game...grow up kids...

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-15-2011 10:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
When did morons decide that it would be a good gameplay choice to make the two teams the same fucking color?

This is my main gripe with the game. Also the sun needs nerfing.

PostPosted: 11-15-2011 10:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

geoff has played zero conquest games :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-15-2011 12:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
geoff has played zero conquest games :olo:

Geoff's busy conquering dirty dishes :olo:

PostPosted: 11-15-2011 06:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
consoles and Rush mode is most likely to blame for the clustered bases in conquest sadly.

This makes no sense at all, so please explain how they are most likely to blame

PostPosted: 11-16-2011 12:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well my game is glitched now, have the no hud one where you can't do a fucking thing in the game and there is no sound. also it freezes after two minutes of joining a game. what a bunch of shit

ughhh i was really enjoying the chopper flying... just unlocked tv missiles and the guided rockets for the pilot are BBBBBEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!! take out tanks and semi-stationary enemy choppers from super long range with absolute ease. I can still fly the choppers with the bug, but there is no sound from the heli and, the game crashes after a couple minutes of play anyways

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 11-16-2011 04:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I too am loving this game to bits. It's just awesome.

And memph for real, you set it to 3? My god man! Have you tried 0.75?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-16-2011 06:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol this game is like cod...for retards...

PostPosted: 11-16-2011 12:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tdm is where the cod retards stay in this game... coincidence?

PostPosted: 11-16-2011 07:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CoD is for retards but BF3 is people who want to support EA and buggy fucked up games and in the end isn't that the real retard? Not I... not I. ?

In conclusion, fuck u.

PostPosted: 11-17-2011 11:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fixed the game... did some digging and found that a scratched disc may cause that glitch, and sure enough my disc was scratched (most likely my fault though). Did what i could with it, and went to install the whole game on the xbox. It failed the first time because of the scratches but worked on the second try! Then the game was back to normal.

First game, got into a chopper gunner seat and popped off a tv missile directly into the cockpit of the enemy chopper and BOOOOOOOOM POINTS

PostPosted: 11-21-2011 02:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was pilot, pyro was my gunner, same chopper the whole game. hell.. our team kinda raped that match too

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ba ... 201072974/

PostPosted: 11-21-2011 11:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Tonight around 11:00 PM PST / 2:00AM EST, the first major Battlefield 3 patch will be deployed on Origin with the console patch following behind it this week. Just less then a month after release, there are quite a few fixes with this patch update from performance to weapon changes. Here is the complete list of patch notes that you can expect to see in the upcoming update.

Client-Side Changes

Visuals, Stability and Performance Fixes:

• General performance and loading time improvements
• “Black Screen” fix for an issue occurring on some PC Configurations
• Stereo and Rendering Support for Nvidia and AMD Graphics Cards
• Adjusted the “stuttering” encountered on some PC configurations.
• Fixed several Crashes when joining MP and Co-Op sessions
• Fixed multiple problems when using multiple monitors (Eyefinity / Surround).
• Fixed visual corruption issues on certain Nvidia Cards
• Improved loading times for certain textures
• Added console command “GameTime.MaxVariableFps” to limit max FPS
• Added console command “UI.DrawEnable” to hide UI for screenshots / videos

Balance and Gameplay Adjustments (PC)

• Fixed a problem with high speed mouse movement
• Added back some missing Growlers on Kharg Island Conquest Large
• Added back EOR sound for SQDM and TDM
• You should no longer be able to damage a friendly vehicle when sitting in an open position
• Grenades now drop to ground if you get killed while attempting to throw it(note the affect this will have on Hardcore mode!)
• Spawn protection now should work in Conquest. You should no longer spawn on points too close to enemies
• You should no longer spawn too close to enemies in TDM and SQDM
• Combat areas on Kharg Rush tweaked in order to disallow defenders to access the carrier ship after 1st base is taken and being able to enter the AA gun
• Fixed a problem with revived players not suffering suppression
• Fixed a problem with the camera when being revived in COOP
• Added joystick deadzone setting
• Fixed sound for when climbing ladders
• Fixed an issue with some weapon sounds in first person
• Fixed a swim sound loop error
• Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns, AA guns, and Jet Cannons against infantry
• Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns against jeeps.
• Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and Jet Cannons, players under attack from these weapons should no longer lose control.
• Increased the damage of the 44 Magnum slightly.
• Increased the range and minimum damage of the .357 Round from the MP412 Rex.
• Increased the range of all .45cal and 9mm weapons.
• Slightly increased the range of the P90 and MP7 and PDW-R.
• Slightly increased the range of the 5.56mm PDW-R and decreased the minimum damage at long range.
• Slightly increased the minimum range of the Mk11, SVD, and M39 EMR 7.62mm rifles.
• Decreased the maximum damage and maximum range of the G3 and SCAR-H 7.62mm weapons.
• Reduced the damage from FIM-92 and SA-18 IGLA missiles against aircraft.
• Increased the damage and range of the 40mm BUCK rounds.
• Reduced the damage .50cal weapons do against Helicopters.
• Updated T90 canister shell tweaks to match Abrams canister shells
UI Changes (PC)
• Added round duration and ticket summary at EOR
• Advanced squad polish – should be more intuitive
• Significant changes to the Join Squad functionality (see below)
• Fixed a problem regarding keybindings while playing
• You should now get a better error message when being disconnected via Battlelog

Server Update Highlights

• EOD Bot exploit fix
• Several crash fixes
• Anti-stat padding measures taken, disallowing ranked servers to run obscure settings
• Improved team kill kick configuration
• Support for unranked servers. Unranked servers do not report players’ scores to Battlelog, but server administrators can freely control all settings

Share your profile and stats with new Battlelog functionality

• Ability to share your Profile and Stats pages to Facebook, Google+, and Twitter
• User Profile and Stats pages on Battlelog can now be accessed without being signed in to Battlelog if you know a user’s URL
• Single sign on from Battlelog to Origin. If you’re not logged in to Origin and join a game server, Battlelog will automatically sign you in to Origin in the background and join the game server

Quick notes on Squad changes in the Nov 22 update

• Removed FIND ME A SQUAD option
• Allow players to join empty Squads alone, thus having 1/4 squad members
• Change order of options to LEAVE SQUAD, INV A FRIEND, SWITCH TEAM
• Disable Privacy flag when 1 man squad
• Reset Privacy flag from Private to Public when squad drops to 1 player
• All occupied Squads will now show up colored blue on the Squad Selection screen
• Players who choose not to join squads will also show up as Blue in the “Not in a Squad” line
• Squads that are currently empty will display as white — if you wish to join an empty Squad, you can choose the first one marked with white text

A detailed look at Squad refinements

A detailed look at Squad refinements

Today’s PC client patch features numerous tweaks to Squad functionality and is part of our ongoing efforts to make it easier to play with friends and Platoon mates. These changes will also be implemented for consoles when we release the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 updates shortly. Stay tuned for the exact date of the console updates.

First, we need to look at how joining with Squads and Platoons affects the balance of teams. Initially, servers are commanded to equal out each side, so joining with friends can impact that balance while joining with Platoons further hinders this. As a result we have made some adjustments to the in-game Squad management screen.

For PC, you are now able to highlight the various Squads and select which one you wish to join by selecting a Squad and then clicking the Join Squad button. Please note that the Squad Privacy option still allows 2 man Squads which, during 64 player sessions, can lead to players with no squad position –- the number of people with no Squads will be shown at the bottom of the Squad selection list.

via Battlelog

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-22-2011 12:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last edited by Eraser on 11-22-2011 01:32 AM, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 11-22-2011 04:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
The stingers nerfed and the shotty buffed baffles me somewhat. Stingers are only any use in tandem or for scaring off choppers/planes at best. And i've rarely fired a shotty at someone and not killed them outright.

Maybe when i change settings mid-game now though this will stop happening...

Nice is that like a super star destroyer flying overhead?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 11-22-2011 06:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not quite the changes i liked to see.

They went and nerfed the AA missiles, errr what the shit..? They're already practically useless once a pilot has unlocked flares - which stupidly is the first thing you unlock as a pilot. And it doesn't help that the dumb missiles always go for the flares instead of sometimes following the aircraft, or that the reload time on the flares appears to be more than twice as fast as the reload time of the stinger. As it is now you're better off taking nigh impossible potshots at choppers with an RPG and just ignoring the planes entirely :/

I really hoped they'd up the range, damage and point system on the Javelin / Soflam combination as well - if it takes teamwork and communication to get something done it should be promoted and not made practically useless goddamnit. Such a shame, too... the way the Javelin pops up in the air and then nosedives into the roof of a tank or mercilessly circles ever closer to a panicking chopper that tries to evade it by popping flares is very sweet indeed. Too bad you have to be within 100 meters to pull it off, which is ridiculously dangerous.

I'm thinking if the soflam range would be increased threefold you'd get some interesting new tactics, infantry having to take out antiarmor teams before any attacking vehicles can come in safely and pound the objective to bits... forcing moar and better cooperation between vehicles and infantry perhaps...

Ah well, maybe next patch.

/infantry focused player rant

Last edited by Ryoki on 11-22-2011 06:23 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-22-2011 09:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sweet, they didn't nerf the A-91. Like ryo, I would have liked to have seen them improve the speed or damage of the Javelin and upped the SOFLAM range. Glad they increased the minigun damage. I wonder if that's true for the Little-Bird too...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-22-2011 11:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

They went and nerfed the AA missiles, errr what the shit..? They're already practically useless once a pilot has unlocked flares - which stupidly is the first thing you unlock as a pilot. And it doesn't help that the dumb missiles always go for the flares instead of sometimes following the aircraft, or that the reload time on the flares appears to be more than twice as fast as the reload time of the stinger. As it is now you're better off taking nigh impossible potshots at choppers with an RPG and just ignoring the planes entirely :/

The reload time on the flares isn't twice as fast as reload unless the gunner has them too. 1-2 men with stingers on a single map made any chopper useless. It wouldn't be so bad if you knew where you were getting shot from, but on a large map infantry has all the advantage of being able to hide and sneak out for a quick stinger hit. Imagine what its like on any full server when 80% of the players are engineers. 1 stinger hit and you're disabled. If you work in pairs..both lock on..one fires...when they pop flares the other fires...chopper dead. I'm glad they were nerfed.

zewulf
zewulf
PostPosted: 11-22-2011 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arguably one of the greatest quotes in gaming history for anyone how cared to play through the SP campaign…

PostPosted: 11-22-2011 01:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

freaking last night... noshar canals starts up and i'm on the russian side. Hop directly into a tank with a buddy who is on the citv, soon as we get to the train tracks we've already locked on to the little bird on the left so I fire a guided shell and destroy that one, then switch to the main cannon and hit the second little bird with the FIRST SHOT. he starts going down and getting closer to us so I fire another shot and hit it to blow it to smithereens. epic start.

MAYBE the scar and g3 needed a nerf, considering they can kill in 3 shots or less and it takes 4 shots with a mounted .50cal to kill a guy. Odd that they didn't nerf other 7.62 weapons.... but nerfing a gun that takes a long time to unlock in co-op mode? CMON.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-22-2011 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wtf nerd?...

PostPosted: 11-22-2011 03:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
wtf nerd?...

oh right i forgot you only play tdm and don't understand what the term 'tank' or 'little bird' is. :olo: here ya go

vs.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.