Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        5th largest e-quake of century

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: 5th largest e-quake of century

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-29-2016 01:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

facepalm

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-30-2016 09:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I was born 20 years later, I'd call it a "lifehack"

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-30-2016 09:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Do you post on Q3W? Read about these 15 amazing life-changing features nobody knew about!"

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-30-2016 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Links broke

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-30-2016 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Links broke

Where's that (broken) link?

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 02:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Man sneaks into Fukushima's Red Exclusion Zone

Image gallery and commentary here: http://imgur.com/a/KabxJ

It's really morbid to think the traffic lights [or at least the one pictured] still work. I would have thought they'd have shut down the grid for the town.

Also, I'm not sure shorts and sandals are the safest attire for such an expedition?!

edit: Oh, here's an article with some more details [same pictures].

Quote:
On the other hand, Keow has also been heavily criticised for not wearing protective gear and hence, risk being contaminated by radiation. Well, he has his reasons:
"I couldn't get those gear in Malaysia, so I decided to purchase it in Japan. Then, I lost my money and cards... I lost everything," he explained.

Quote:
What about the potential health risks he could've posed to himself and the public due to exposure to radiation? Keow reassured us that there is no issue as he was given the all-clear when he went through a scan in the yellow zone.
"I was scanned at a booth in the yellow zone and was rated 'normal'. The dosage in my body is far less than someone undergoing radiotherapy for cancer," he explained.

"I did my research on this, and I know the risks well," he maintained ...

edit2: Plausible explanation for the traffic lights still working:

source wrote:
If you go on google earth, which states image data is from 2016, you can see vehicles all over the place driving on the roads around there. People still go in and out, it is just uninhabitable for any length of time. Lots of construction work going on at the plant, etc. So it makes sense to have the traffic lights still functional. It was abandoned by the civilian population, not devoid of people altogether. Google street view has data from 2013, you can see how over grown and empty the place is, but they let a google street view vehicle drive around, apparently.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 05:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks reddit :up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-07-2017 07:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fukushima Radiation Has Contaminated The Entire Pacific Ocean (And It's Going To Get Worse)

Quote:
It should come as no surprise, then, that Fukushima has contaminated the entire Pacific Ocean in just five years. This could easily be the worst environmental disaster in human history and it is almost never talked about by politicians, establishment scientists, or the news. It is interesting to note that TEPCO is a subsidiary partner with General Electric (also known as GE), one of the largest companies in the world, which has considerable control over numerous news corporations and politicians alike. Could this possibly explain the lack of news coverage Fukushima has received in the last five years? There is also evidence that GE knew about the poor condition of the Fukushima reactors for decades and did nothing. This led 1,400 Japanese citizens to sue GE for their role in the Fukushima nuclear disaster.

Even if we can’t see the radiation itself, some parts of North America’s western coast have been feeling the effects for years. Not long after Fukushima, fish in Canada began bleeding from their gills, mouths, and eyeballs. This “disease” has been ignored by the government and has decimated native fish populations, including the North Pacific herring. Elsewhere in Western Canada, independent scientists have measured a 300% increase in the level of radiation. According to them, the amount of radiation in the Pacific Ocean is increasing every year. Why is this being ignored by the mainstream media? It might have something to do with the fact that the US and Canadian governments have banned their citizens from talking about Fukushima so “people don’t panic.”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-0 ... -get-worse

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-07-2017 07:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I read the radiation levels are rising way beyond what they can handle with the new robots they're designing. It's sickening.

http://gizmodo.com/radiation-levels-are ... 1791958714

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-07-2017 08:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you search on Google News, you mainly find these headlines:

Fukushima radiation yet, and unlikely, to affect Alaska seafood

Fukushima residents exposed to far less radiation than thought

Radiation in fish off Fukushima tests below detectable level

All is well!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-07-2017 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Yeah I read the radiation levels are rising way beyond what they can handle with the new robots they're designing. It's sickening.

http://gizmodo.com/radiation-levels-are ... 1791958714

Quote:
Tesco is planning to send the robot into reactor No. 1 in March, while its survey plan for reactor No. 2 is now on hold.

Found your problem :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.