Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What was the first Q3W like...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: What was the first Q3W like...

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When it first opened up? Lot of guys running around post "1v1 now" or what...or maybe like it is now?

just wondering. :icon26:

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the game was talked about a ton more. Duhard was always challeneging 1v1's.

Rants was one of the greatest places to look for comedy
id guys posted.
that sort of thing

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@raw - lol...k thx

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A lot of those pages aren't in archive... :tear:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yer thats a funny one

hey the word is

magical :drool:

PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah the game was talked about a lot, more people that were active in the game were on the boards and there were a few leet players on the boards back then. Beleive it or not I was one of them, in fact I humiliated Duhard in the day which was funny back then cause he was concidered like Geoff today. I must admit he's a lot better now. Funny how things have reversed actualy. :icon26:

Anyway everyone actualy sucked, which is the only reason I seemed so good cause I wasn't but it was a good ole time. We created our own clan, and I was in it, called h4w, I beleive, I'm not 100% on this but I beleive the humble beginnings of clan h4w eventualy mutated into clan WyD but this is still under investigation. :)

PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus, it looks a lot like http://www.montrealracing.com/forums with idiotic teenagers posting retarded threads.

PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol kinda funny to browse through those archives though... I keep seeing some of my old threads :)

oblivion
oblivion
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

which one?

suicide?
vulcan?

:icon27:

PostPosted: 02-09-2005 05:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those weren't that long ago. You however were retarded then and still are now.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 05:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
Yeah the game was talked about a lot, more people that were active in the game were on the boards and there were a few leet players on the boards back then. Beleive it or not I was one of them, in fact I humiliated Duhard in the day which was funny back then cause he was concidered like Geoff today. I must admit he's a lot better now. Funny how things have reversed actualy. :icon26:

Anyway everyone actualy sucked, which is the only reason I seemed so good cause I wasn't but it was a good ole time. We created our own clan, and I was in it, called h4w, I beleive, I'm not 100% on this but I beleive the humble beginnings of clan h4w eventualy mutated into clan WyD but this is still under investigation. :)

yeah I remember destroying clan h4w and it's noobish members one by one after you left you total pussy...

come back...please

i guess I'll never have to destroy your ego since you're too much of a pussy to even show up...

I guess you just missed a good chance to shut up and fuck off

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 05:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I may have to add that it was fun as hell. It was easy to make 100 posts in a week with all the traffic that was going on.

Swiller of Beer
Swiller of Beer
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I actualy got SOTW on Q3W back in the early times.
Never got much into GD, back them I was posting in what was called something like Skins, Models and Map Editing. Paul J was posting there a lot as were CB and chiQ.

PostPosted: 02-09-2005 06:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duhard wrote:
Kracus wrote:

yeah I remember destroying clan h4w and it's noobish members one by one after you left you total pussy...

come back...please

i guess I'll never have to destroy your ego since you're too much of a pussy to even show up...

heheheh Yeah of course they were all noobs, I was their star playa. Either way back in the day you and I both know you couldn't beat me, I'll admit, even though I've yet to see you play, that you are quite skilled now and would beat me pretty easy but that's because I stopped playing and you kept playing. I'm sure if I had kept playing I'd still beat your sorry ass. But that's all irrelevant since you can't change the past.

You can claim all you want that I'm a pussy but you know I was around for quite a few months on ax's, in fact you even dropped in there once to spec on me and you never played me so suck it up iron boy.

PostPosted: 02-09-2005 06:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

While we're reminiscing do you remember ^rec Duhard?

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 06:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
Duhard wrote:
Kracus wrote:

come back...please

heheheh Yeah of course they were all noobs, I was their star playa. Either way back in the day you and I both know you couldn't beat me, I'll admit, even though I've yet to see you play, that you are quite skilled now and would beat me pretty easy but that's because I stopped playing and you kept playing. I'm sure if I had kept playing I'd still beat your sorry ass. But that's all irrelevant since you can't change the past.

You can claim all you want that I'm a pussy but you know I was around for quite a few months on ax's, in fact you even dropped in there once to spec on me and you never played me so suck it up iron boy.

lol you gigantic moron...

stop pretending this and that you fucking spazztic piece of shit we all know that even if you would still play 8 hours a day I'd still rape you by 50 frags on any map, on any given day.

you beat me 5-2 on tourney4 4 years ago when I was a ffa noob (and could still destroy you easily on any ffa map I might add rofl) and you're still running your mouth as if you "crushed" me 1v1...you're a fucking joke.

so instead of talking about stuff that happened 5 years ago why don't you just shut up and play me, dumbo?

I'd bet my bets that you have a gaming rig at home because we all know you're just another basement dwelling trailer trash gimp with no life.

we can't change the past but you can't even change the present you fucking idiot

come on moron...time to play the game

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 06:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
While we're reminiscing do you remember ^rec Duhard?

yeah I remember he was a moron

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 06:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dukester wrote:
Never got much into GD, back them I was posting in what was called something like Skins, Models and Map Editing. Paul J was posting there a lot as were CB and chiQ.

Paul J used to send me emails so I could send him demos of my ownage.

owned

PostPosted: 02-09-2005 06:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol you get worked up over that every time. I'm like a loose end you could never tie up. :icon19:

ownt.

Oh and for the record, we played ffa and I raped your ass at that too. In fact I remember you using lame excuses that day and even quitting the game before it was over so the final score wouldn't show cause you KNEW I was going to post it on q3w. :icon19:

Obviously those losses affected you deeper than I realized as you obviously obsessed over the game so much you became as good as you say you are now. gg

Now that I see how obsessed you are I'll never play just to fuck with you lol

Swiller of Beer
Swiller of Beer
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 06:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duhard wrote:
Dukester wrote:

Paul J used to send me emails so I could send him demos of my ownage.

owned

goddamn! don't own me! I'm just replying to the stoopid topic :p

PostPosted: 02-09-2005 07:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

denzii wrote:
I may have to add that it was fun as hell. It was easy to make 100 posts in a day with all the traffic that was going on.

I remember New Year 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 hehe. Man did I have nothing to do.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 10:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oblivion
oblivion
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 10:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you play piano? :paranoid:

i am actually looking to start learning. quite a quality instrument.

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 08:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol i never did 100 posts in a week, it took me a couple months to get TO 100. but there was some good times. the llama pic spamfests always cracked me up.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 08:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oblivi0.on wrote:

Especially when you can see all the keys at once.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 07:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
Lol you get worked up over that every time. I'm like a loose end you could never tie up. :icon19:

ownt.

Oh and for the record, we played ffa and I raped your ass at that too. In fact I remember you using lame excuses that day and even quitting the game before it was over so the final score wouldn't show cause you KNEW I was going to post it on q3w. :icon19:

Obviously those losses affected you deeper than I realized as you obviously obsessed over the game so much you became as good as you say you are now. gg

Now that I see how obsessed you are I'll never play just to fuck with you lol

good god you sure are one fucked up moron...rofl

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 07:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it rocked when the id crew posted here. especially when ToddH *tried* to answer questions, both technical and general, and totally fuck up.
the marketing is strong in him :D

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 12:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oblivi0.on wrote:

Yeah, I had 6 years of training, mostly classical with one year of blues and jazz, but I found out that I don't have any rhythm (i only have black hair!)

I hardly play anymore mostly due to lack of time and loss of interest. It's still great to play from time to time and to improvise new songs.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fury wrote:
lol i never did 100 posts in a week, it took me a couple months to get TO 100. but there was some good times. the llama pic spamfests always cracked me up.

hehe, the first 100 posts seemed impossible to reach. Then 1000 was an impossible task. 10k was reached within a year and then it just went on with the flow :|

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.