Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Person of Interest

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Person of Interest

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-14-2011 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

anyone watching this? just caught the 1st epi. not bad.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 10-14-2011 10:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll check it out. Terra Nova is decent so far.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-14-2011 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tera nova has toxic amounts of gay,... in comparison this show is ace, so you'll dig it.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-14-2011 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

might be worth a gander

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-14-2011 06:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's got a 'dark knight' sorta dynamic.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-14-2011 07:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

very dark, since my CRT TV is off

gay

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-15-2011 11:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:

Not yet, first episode here tonight :smirk: and after...........

bitWISE wrote:

Yes, so far so good but only views episode 1 here :smirk:

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-16-2011 04:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TN gets very "tv production" gay after the first epi...sadly

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-16-2011 08:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, the first epi was almost half decent but it went downhill fast from there... meh

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 10-16-2011 10:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree. I'll keep it on the dvr until I get bored with it. I'm really hoping for more of a serial story about those rocks and the time travel stuff.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 10-16-2011 10:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:

Shit Nova

Terrable Nova

Utta Crapa

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-17-2011 01:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
Shit Nova
Terrable Nova
Utta Crapa

Interesting :smirk:

Ryoki wrote:
yeah, the first epi was almost half decent but it went downhill fast from there... meh

Two strikes then, but guess I am a bucker for punishment and will view to ep 2 on both this week.....

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 10-18-2011 06:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:

Watched the first two last night. Really liking it. They actually let the guy be a bad ass instead of making him pull his punches out of some bullshit good guy moral code (only to keep being dicked over by the same guy later).

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-18-2011 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol batman sounds like a moron

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-18-2011 08:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

first episode was meh, second was shit. Wtf - how can nolan and abrams produce such garbage? Lead actor BLOWS - he's just terrible as an actor... Emerson is the only saving grace so far.

Does it get even a tiny bit better?

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-18-2011 10:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you like Buffy the Vampire Slayer...your argument is invalid.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 10-18-2011 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:

That comment is invalid.

Buffy had some of the best writing in TV history. Nearly every show since it, has tried to imitate it or has at least been inspired by it. That is a fact.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-18-2011 11:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

indeed, not only was the writing spectacular, but the character development and story are top notch once you get past the first season or 2.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-19-2011 06:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

really ey i'll have to check out some buffy

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-20-2011 04:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok, two episodes in and it's total shit in every way. the writing is abysmal, the characters explaining everything for the benefit of the leucotomised mouth-breathers who are apparently the target audience for this show, a director who can't do action scenes, a lead actor who can't act, police detectives who can't seem to detect, and the worst grasp of how technology works i've ever seen in a TV show - including 24, which is saying something

also, lol @ Tsakalakalottakokuptheass for even mentioning Buffy in the same breath as this fecal popsicle of televisual assnuggetry

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-20-2011 07:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm about to watch the fourth episode just because I reckon Emerson, Nolan, and Abrams have the potential for something bordering on greatness. I'm ready to be disappointed...

on another note, check out Justified if you haven't.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-20-2011 08:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

halfway through it - this show has reached new lows - it's becoming entertaning watching it just to see how bad it is. There was one good scene, and it involved the only two people on the show who can act - finch and the detective.

If you end up watching the episode, keep an eye out for these horrifically bad moments:

"Finch. Benton's not stalking the doctor. She's stalking him"

"Hey, everybody needs someone to talk to. I'm John"

You have to see these lines delivered to appreciate just how awful they are, as well as how banal they are.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 10-21-2011 05:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
the characters explaining everything for the benefit of the leucotomised mouth-breathers who are apparently the target audience for this show

That is definitely getting old. "That machine gave you another number? Whether she is the victim or the perpetrator, I better follow her." No, fucking, shit. This is episode 5, we established the premise in the pilot...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-21-2011 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, calm down randys. the fact that this show didn't turn out to be so good, doesn't change the fact that you deliberately chose to check out a show with the tittle "Buffy the vampire slayer", make it through the gayrific opening credits, and didn't change the channel.

here's my suggestion, go to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46560

and post accordingly :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-21-2011 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wtf are you on about?

bitWISE wrote:
That is definitely getting old. "That machine gave you another number? Whether she is the victim or the perpetrator, I better follow her." No, fucking, shit. This is episode 5, we established the premise in the pilot...

i love the way their tech is so advanced they can trace a specific computer to a physical location just using the ip address, or trace a cellphone number to the hotel the cellphone owner was standing in when they made the call, or the way that when a guy gets shot in the back multiple times, he pulls the slugs out of the front of his kevlar, or the way that in a show premised on total surveillance, they openly discuss killing people on the phone without using even the slightest bit of coded language :tard: :up:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-21-2011 09:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[xeno]Julios wrote:
on another note, check out Justified if you haven't.

Justified is good stuff :up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-21-2011 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
Tsakali wrote:

That comment is invalid.

Buffy had some of the best writing in TV history. Nearly every show since it, has tried to imitate it or has at least been inspired by it. That is a fact.

Outdone only by Firefly, which was written by the same dude. :up:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-21-2011 04:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea firefly was good shit, but it wasn't given the chance to develop like Buffy did.

Here's a good scene from buffy season 3 (episode 9, "the wish")

grab it before it gets taken down.

http://vimeo.com/30933168

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-22-2011 12:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not the finest buffy scene ever, but worth it just for alyson hannigan in evil willow costume

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.