Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Marco Simoncelli dies after crash in MotoGP

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Marco Simoncelli dies after crash in MotoGP

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-23-2011 11:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Marco Simoncelli died after a big crash in the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia today. He was only 24 years old and already a very promising rider. He first entered the MotoGP class last year. His driving style was aggressive, sometimes maybe even reckless but I found him a joy to watch during races. It's been a terrible week for motor sports.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motogp/15420069.stm

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-23-2011 12:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah not good at all :( RIP dude

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-23-2011 12:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh and it is really horrible to watch so I will not post it here

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-23-2011 01:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New regulations come into effect after multiple deaths in racing events, no one allowed to go faster than 50mph.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-23-2011 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Brutal

oh yeah!
oh yeah!
PostPosted: 10-23-2011 02:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Brutal

[/flash]

I can always count on Mazda.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-23-2011 03:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was he hit by a drink rider?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-23-2011 05:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saw it live this morning..was fucking awful

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-23-2011 05:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

poor bike

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 08:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Horrid crash, RIP.

P.S. He had awesome hair.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:

Really?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 09:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
vid

...so is he attempting to go sharply to the right and in front of the guy who ends up smashing his bike into him - all right before the corner?
Or wtf is he doing there.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 09:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
LawL wrote:

Really?

See the thread in the void calling out his awful insults.

Actually I didn't even call him out really, just made note of it. Too weak to call out.

JDUC

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:
vid

...so is he attempting to go sharply to the right and in front of the guy who ends up smashing his bike into him - all right before the corner?
Or wtf is he doing there.

ikr...seemed very odd.

I don't watch bike racing so I don't know how these things handle, but it seems that he was on the verge of losing it. they usually crash out way before that point...it almost seemed that crashing out like any other normal occasion would have avoided placing him at such an awkward position in relation to other bikes.
If he was completely free of his bike when he got ran over he could have survived it.. it seems that being still on the bike (thus adding mass to his body) allowed for greater resistance with the impact of the other bike and his body couldn't take that stress...If he was completely free from his bike ,his own body weight would not produce the same level of resistance and would dragg him along more, thus absorbing some of the force.

Hope you get what I'm trying to say .

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The bike slid out, spun a bit, and then when the tires gripped back again the bike was pointed right across the racing line. These guys save lowsides from time to time by putting a knee on the ground and pushing the bike back up onto the rubber. Here's Lorenzo saving one right behind Simoncelli last year:

This time it happened in a very high speed corner, and while he got it back on the wheels, his weight was too far off the bike to get it righted up. He slid longer than Lorenzo did there, it got back on the tires, but by that point it was turned 90 degrees and shot him right into the path of people behind.

Bleh.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 05:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:

Actually I didn't even call him out really, just made note of it. Too weak to call out.

JDUC

lol, you really need to grow a pair instead of being such a butt-hurt cry baby.

BHCB

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 07:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All this auto racing needs to be reconsidered...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 07:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
EtUL wrote:

JDUC

lol, you really need to grow a pair instead of being such a butt-hurt cry baby.

BHCB

Just take a deep breathe and count to 10
Don't get too worked up
Under the circumstances I can see how it would be easy to
Cunt

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 07:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
All this auto racing needs to be reconsidered...

Agreed on the Indy cars because they were just asking for problems at 200+, 3 wide and with cold brakes.

The GP accident tho was really just a freak one. There isn't much you can change or do to prevent that kind of thing from happening in the future bar stopping the sport.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 09:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:
Just take a deep breathe and count to 10
Don't get too worked up
Under the circumstances I can see how it would be easy to
Cunt

Dry those tears cry baby, I'm just a random person on the internet.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 09:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just as last time
Doesn't surprise me
Ur just pathetic with every post
Conceited and slow witted

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 09:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Go make a thread crying about it in the void.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 09:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no need my friend, i have your tears in GD and the void already

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 09:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh, excuse my behavior, I almost forgot

jduc

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 09:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No need because you already flooded the place with the thread you already created. You know, the one where several people called you out on how retarded it was but you never had the balls to respond? Yeah, that one. In light of this, your behaviour is noted but not excused.

BHCB

Last edited by LawL on 10-24-2011 10:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-24-2011 10:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:
The bike slid out, spun a bit, and then when the tires gripped back again the bike was pointed right across the racing line. These guys save lowsides from time to time by putting a knee on the ground and pushing the bike back up onto the rubber. Here's Lorenzo saving one right behind Simoncelli last year:

http://www.youtube.com/v/Zj5natU-iOg

This time it happened in a very high speed corner, and while he got it back on the wheels, his weight was too far off the bike to get it righted up. He slid longer than Lorenzo did there, it got back on the tires, but by that point it was turned 90 degrees and shot him right into the path of people behind.

Bleh.

It's amazing how he keeps his bike straight up there.

As for Simoncelli, hate to say it, but if before last weekend I was forced to point at one guy who I thought had the most chance of being involved in such an accident, then I'd point at Simoncelli. He's pretty reckless sometimes much to the frustration of other riders as well, although in an interview I heard Rossi say the others shouldn't moan and just deal with it. And I pretty much agreed with him because Simoncelli really put some spice into the racing. On the other hand, he crashed quite a few times and could've set some great results if those crashes didn't happen. I think Simoncelli could've become a big name in the sport if he had just a few more years to get there.

Still, I hadn't expected a crash like this. I will miss him there on the track.
I'm thinking of Edwards as well. Must be awful to be in his position.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-25-2011 02:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:

jduc

I always thought of you as a moron. Now I'll just think of you as a vagina.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-26-2011 06:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
EtUL wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/v/Zj5natU-iOg

Bleh.

It's amazing how he keeps his bike straight up there.

As for Simoncelli, hate to say it, but if before last weekend I was forced to point at one guy who I thought had the most chance of being involved in such an accident, then I'd point at Simoncelli. He's pretty reckless sometimes much to the frustration of other riders as well, although in an interview I heard Rossi say the others shouldn't moan and just deal with it. And I pretty much agreed with him because Simoncelli really put some spice into the racing. On the other hand, he crashed quite a few times and could've set some great results if those crashes didn't happen. I think Simoncelli could've become a big name in the sport if he had just a few more years to get there.

Still, I hadn't expected a crash like this. I will miss him there on the track.
I'm thinking of Edwards as well. Must be awful to be in his position.

I'd agree he was the most reckless, but in this situation I don't think that had any part. It was just a freak accident that the tires connected the way they did when he was so far off the bike

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-26-2011 06:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
No need because you already flooded the place with the thread you already created. You know, the one where several people called you out on how retarded it was but you never had the balls to respond? Yeah, that one. In light of this, your behaviour is noted but not excused.

BHCB

Who? You and seremetan? lol okay yeah you got me. If you haven't noticed I try to hold back because it's p. obvious you're in a corner you can't get out of.

Just keep it up...if you're posts get any weaker I might just have to start skimming them to hold back my bursting sense of superiority.

jduc

Last edited by EtUL on 10-26-2011 06:56 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-26-2011 06:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
EtUL wrote:

jduc

I always thought of you as a moron. Now I'll just think of you as a vagina.

Closest you've been to one in a while, fatty.

I never thought of you as much. Funny how things change for some people, but stay exactly the same for others.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-27-2011 01:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:
Who? You and seremetan? lol okay yeah you got me. If you haven't noticed I try to hold back because it's p. obvious you're in a corner you can't get out of.

Just keep it up...if you're posts get any weaker I might just have to start skimming them to hold back my bursting sense of superiority.

jduc

lol no there was plenty more than that, but you can pretend to be ignorant as a form of self defence if you like. :olo:

I guess what you mean by "trying to hold back" was to come across as a butt hurt little crybaby, so if you think that has me backed in a corner then please stop "holding back" and show me what you've got. I'll shit all over you just as easily as I've always done.

Please try to understand though that if posts are weak, they get ignored - they don't have faggots like you crying about them all over the place and making threads about them, thus proving they are anything but weak.

BHCB

ps. your

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-27-2011 01:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wtf guys

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-27-2011 07:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tl;dr

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-27-2011 03:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bh;cb

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.