Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Mass Effect the Third

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Mass Effect the Third

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 08:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm picking mine up tomorrow after work....

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 08:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

in before: lol work.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 11:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I'm replaying ME1 and ME2 on the PC before even beginning ME3. The first 2 games I'll just play through once for a refresher, but I'll do absolutely everything there is to do in the 3rd, so I should get my money's worth.

I'm doing the same, importing a fresh character seems like the best option. I'm not going to bother with getting my character in ME1 to level 60 though since it takes more than one playthrough. Doing everything in one play through will put you at level 50 which is fine before importing to ME2. Though I noticed that I want to make the same decisions in ME1 as I did on the character I already imported to ME2 (bone ashley and renegade on everything besides for saving the rachni), which is disappointing, but at least all the decisions will be fresh in my mind.

To be honest, I don't remember what I did on ME2, I only played through it all the way once because the story wasn't as good as the story in the first (though I guess that's the curse of being the second installment of a trilogy). Tali died for me on the suicide mission though so when I replay ME2 I'll make sure no one dies.
Spoiler: How to make sure no one dies

I'm curious, which game do you like better? The majority seems to like ME2 much better, though the minority that likes ME1 is very, very loud....if you read the ME forums, at least. Personally I think ME2 improves on just about everything but the leveling and the story. I liked having more skills to choose from in ME1 because it can make the same class play differently. For instance, as the Soldier, you can level up all your weapon skills and be a master of death with any weapon the situation calls for, or you can upgrade only 1 weapon and put all your points in the health and armor categories and tank. Though I still like the ME2 classes because they actually feel different; apart from the soldier in ME1, most classes feel too similar (pistol and a power, yada yada yada). I just would have liked to see more skill options in ME2 because it would lead to more diverse ways of playing each class.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 11:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you ask me, all this bullshit about having different direction in storyline through the choices of your previous actions is laughable.

I mean sure, there might be about 3 or 4 different possible scenarios in ME3 but I don't see how 2 prequels worth of dendritic choices are going to truly translate to anything more than a few superficial outcomes.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 11:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
If you ask me, all this bullshit about having different direction in storyline through the choices of your previous actions is laughable.

I mean sure, there might be about 3 or 4 different possible scenarios in ME3 but I don't see how 2 prequels worth of dendritic choices are going to truly translate to anything more than a few superficial outcomes.

A lot of people, myself included, love role playing in the Mass Effect universe. Though I obviously haven't played the third yet, as far as I'm concerned, the trilogy is more like a 100 hour rpg instead of the 3 separate games. I want to feel like my decisions shaped the ultimate outcome of the story. I don't want to just play the third and have the game tell me "You made these default decisions in the first two, here's your ending."

Plus, I don't see replaying the first two as any chore. I genuinely enjoyed both games. Although I didn't make it all the way through the second game on subsequent playthroughs, I still sunk a lot of hours into trying out different classes, and part of the reason I didn't go all the way through was because I knew I was going to when ME3 came out.

edit: And even if you don't want to play or replay the first two, I wouldn't call having your decisions matter in the previous games "laughable" at all. In fact, it should be encouraged. This is the future of gaming, sequels that build off their predecessors. Are you trolling? Because I don't know how stripping away depth and choice can be seen as a good thing. ever. If generic third person shooters are more up your alley, maybe you should play 50 cent's game and leave the Mass Effect series alone.

Having the final installment of a trilogy play off the first two and make them relevant is totally "bullshit" and "laughable" man. They should just make the previous 60 or so hours of role playing not even matter. "Different direction in the storyline?" Lol, that'll just make my tiny brain get lost

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 03:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:

Well I played it yesterday and already people who could have died in ME2 have pretty noticable dialogue and story-affecting roles in ME3. Obviously they'll have a bigger impact on the overall "war readiness" thingy and already you can see your moral actions in the previous games having an effect on this this.

Besides that, it's more about giving the player the feeling that their actions matter, even if it is just an illusion.

Anyway I tried multiplayer last night and despite it being a 4-player co-op game, I did it with just me and another guy. Not a good idea, especially on the higher level challenges. Gods damn, we got owned, son. Probably not a good idea to do this with random pubs.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 04:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As long as Wrex survives for the 3rd game, I'm happy.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 05:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 07:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For anyone interested in exporting their character from 360 to pc.

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3- ... 360-to-pc/

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 10:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm picking this one up this afternoon; it's going to be good to see the end of the Shepard story arc. I'm curious as to what they're planning to do with the ME universe next.

Hopefully more game companies start taking a page from the ME series and design sequels to follow a customized storyline and build on player-made decisions. IMO it really adds to the sense of immersion.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not according to Tsaksisi...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Waiting for my Collector's Edition to arrive :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 12:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, the user score on Metacritic is incredibly low...

Mass Effect the Turd, amirite?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

Don't read too much into it, the day 1 DLC made some people pretty upset. :cry:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

xer0s wrote:

You fucking moron :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 01:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol ;)

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 02:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

some config settings to mess with:

My Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect 3 Demo\BIOGame\Config and open the GamerSettings.ini file.

Add the following lines under [SystemSettings] -

UseVSync=True
SmoothFrameRate=True
MinSmoothedFrameRate=22
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=62

change them to whatevs...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I'm replaying ME1 and ME2 on the PC before even beginning ME3. The first 2 games I'll just play through once for a refresher, but I'll do absolutely everything there is to do in the 3rd, so I should get my money's worth.

Fuck, now I kinda want to abandon that plan and just play the third...

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 04:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FOV fix Here

Use the shared aim binary at the bottom. 95 FOV works best for me.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

brisk wrote:
FOV fix Here.

lol GKY umad?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 05:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol...yeah...steamin...considering it's an FOV fix for a third person game when you were yammerin about first person games and how it needs to match your eye's area of focus and peripheral vision, blah blah blah.

P.S. Raphael!!!!

P.S.S. The link brisk supplied also supports my previously-stated position on FOV: changing it can fuck up visuals in cutscenes and other areas and increases the dev workload simply to please a minority of players, who happen to be the loudest whiners. Cry all you want about it, nothing will change...not when you've got 3 platforms to support.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 06:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a simple variable that changes fov for cutscenes is easy to do, we talked about this...one more "if then" won't kill you.

No matter... the link also shows you an easy way to key bind fov switching.

ps

do you program or design?
textures or modeling?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 06:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Mass Effect 3 cannot successfully determine the custom face code used by this imported save game. Please update your character's appearance."

:disgust: :mad:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 06:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
a simple variable that changes fov for cutscenes is easy to do, we talked about this...one more "if then" won't kill you.

And as we talked about I mentioned that simply switching a variable isn't enough if you don't want to release shit. And as I mentioned last time we talked, I honestly don't understand why you people won't stfu about this when you clearly have no clue how much work is involved to get quality on multiple platforms for the minority of people who need the switch....and for a third person game that doesn't need it ffs. :olo:

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 06:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh yeah you mad, if you weren't you'd answer my question.

/end of "umad" test.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't answer your question?

You're a moron. An total idiot. And from now on I'm going to treat you like xer0s.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 06:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the test is over bro, you can put the pencil down.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 06:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well not if the 3rd person is some half assed excuse for 1st person. when I move my mouse and the entire screen moves it's a FPS... the fact that there is a player model in my view is inconsequential....morons

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 06:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

do I need to explain that part to you in advanced english or something?

the crosshairs are FIXED in the center of the screen. whne you aim around your entire screen shifts, with the crosshairs still in the center.... that's a fucking FPS.

Last edited by Tsakali on 03-06-2012 06:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 06:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
GONNAFISTYA wrote:
An total idiot.

:smirk:

Shush you.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 06:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
well not if the 3rd person is some half assed excuse for 1st person. when I move my mouse and the entire screen moves it's a FPS... the fact that there is a player model in my view is inconsequential....morons

lol

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 06:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
do I need to explain that part to you in advanced english or something?

the crosshairs are FIXED in the center of the screen. whne you aim around your entire screen shifts, with the crosshairs still in the center.... that's a fucking FPS.

bigger lol

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 06:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol you're more retarded than I thought.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 07:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm now totally convinced , your "game insider" ego cannot allow you to have a proper conversation of value on the subject what so ever.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 07:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey now...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.