Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Star Wars 1313

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Star Wars 1313

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-04-2012 07:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://kotaku.com/5915726/star-wars-131 ... ly-amazing

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/1313/

Star Wars 1313 is a game that takes place on Coruscant, Level 1313. It features a bounty hunter that is as-yet unnamed. It appears to be a third-person action platformer, with cover mechanics similar to Gears of War. It is touted as having a darker, more mature tone than other works in the Star Wars universe, and is expected to gain an M rating. Judging by released media, the game appears to take place in the classic trilogy timeline, though specifics are not known at this time. The game has an advanced look, said to be due-in-part to Industrial Light and Magic lending a hand, though there aren't many specifics available on that news front at the moment. Currently, the only known platform that the game will be released for is PC. Finally, Dominic Robilliard, 1313 creative director, seems to have an entertaining set of teeth.

Last edited by Mogul on 06-04-2012 11:45 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-04-2012 08:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A Star Wars game that...actually looks good...and it's made for PC?

I don't believe it.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-04-2012 08:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hahaha. Crazy.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 06-04-2012 08:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the force is strong with this one :up:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-04-2012 08:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

im sensing the mass effect....

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-04-2012 11:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Industrial Light and Magic lending a hand = :up:

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-04-2012 11:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Personally, I'm attracted to this project because there's so much aesthetic goodness to the Star Wars universe (particularly the classic trilogy) that has nothing to do with the jedi, the Force, Yoda, Darth Vader, and the other things that almost always eat up the spotlight once they're introduced.

The look of the costumes, locales, and frankly the interesting nature of the "secular" (for lack of a better word) subjects of Star Wars have always fascinated me. Boba Fett- and Han Solo-type characters, their gear and weapons, and so on, lay the ground for so much exposition. Frankly, if they can render a world that is sufficiently McQuarrie-looking, they will have an edge over the vast majority of Star Wars games. I feel that if they are able to really milk that aesthetic, we will have a truly great piece of art and fiction, something that fleshes out the nuts and bolts of the Star Wars universe in a way that hasn't really been explored since Shadows of the Empire or Dark Forces. Hopefully this game's gameplay will surpass the former. :)

Last edited by Mogul on 06-04-2012 11:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-04-2012 11:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What mazda said.

Is Lucas involved in this project in any way shape or form? I'm guessing no, seeing as it looks decent?

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 12:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think that question has been answered yet, Ryoki. I assume not; the only game I can think of that he was "directly" involved with was The Force Unleashed, and his involvement more or less amounted to, "Yeah, sure, we will consider this canon."

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 12:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

damn, i thought this was going to be someone turning star wars all medieval on youtube

it's not like it isn't halfway there already

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The premise and graphics look fantastic, but I'm not sold on the gameplay. Those platform bits look a lot like the timed button mashing that we all hate and the Gears of War crate shooting gameplay is a little tired.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 05:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
the force is strong with this one :up:

Clever.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 05:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I'm seeing GoW influence as well. Don't like hide-crouch-shoot-find the next crate-repeat type of gameplay. Gets old.

Dark Forces I and II had some of the best gameplay and level design.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 06:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dark Forces had good gameplay, but I'm not sure about the level design. Seriously how did any stormtrooper expect to make his way from the mess hall to the bathroom by hopping across pillars, taking a flight of moving stairs, riding an elevator lift that requires solving some puzzle, running through a series of timed doors and then finding the secret door to the bathroom? He'd piss his shiny white plastic armour before he got anywhere close.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 06:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haha well in that sense, I can see where you're coming from. I still enjoyed it though, esp. the nar shaddaa and the sewer bits and the snow covered maps. Those dark storm troopers were pretty dope as well.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 09:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KOTOR was excellent without any faggy jedi lightsaber crap, so as long as they keep this out it should be a good game.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 09:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A few details I picked up today:

--It takes place between the two trilogies
--Jedi, the force, etc, are not even to be mentioned
--The game apparently uses advanced facial animation systems, perhaps similar to LA Noire's (this also could be a big part of the "ILM lending a hand")
--It's speculated that the game will somehow be related to Star Wars Underworld, the tv series that has been in the works for years
--It's speculated that Dominic Robilliard will be able to afford the fees necessary for his urgent dental work should the game be a success

Last edited by Mogul on 06-05-2012 11:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 10:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Dark Forces had good gameplay, but I'm not sure about the level design. Seriously how did any stormtrooper expect to make his way from the mess hall to the bathroom by hopping across pillars, taking a flight of moving stairs, riding an elevator lift that requires solving some puzzle, running through a series of timed doors and then finding the secret door to the bathroom? He'd piss his shiny white plastic armour before he got anywhere close.

The same could be said about pretty much any non-realistic first person shooter game though.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-06-2012 12:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea, but the dark forces/jedi knight series really take the cake.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-08-2012 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

JK was awesome. Good multiplayer. Even the hacks were fun.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-08-2012 11:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Something I appreciate about JK is that it's one of the only games that took a stab at gameplay that included both guns and lightsaber/force powers. When I was a kid, I always thought it was so cool to see Luke prowling around with a blaster in-hand, but a lightsaber hilt attached to his belt. I found that to be a unique and interesting informant of his character at that moment.

Since the prequels, it's been almost nothing BUT lightsaber games, and this unique combination-style gameplay was lost.

You should check out a JK speedrun -- they are really able to break the game using force+guns. It's very entertaining.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.