Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Wow....Overstrike has changed alot in one year

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Wow....Overstrike has changed alot in one year

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-14-2012 07:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's now marketed as a totally different game...with a Pixar/The Incredibles vibe with humour in Overstrike only to become a gory military sci-fi title with Fuse.

Overstrike – E3 2011 teaser

Fuse – September 2012 trailer

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-14-2012 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh wow that's fucking lame

overstrike looks fun, but fuse does indeed look like a generic console fodder shitfest

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 09-14-2012 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so are we still making fun of EA? i thought it was taboo right about now.
Also, recently EA wanted to buy Valve for like a billion, but Gabe told them to fuck off :olo:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-14-2012 12:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EA really thought they had a chance of buying up Valve?

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 09-14-2012 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
so are we still making fun of EA? i thought it was taboo right about now.
Also, recently EA wanted to buy Valve for like a billion, but Gabe told them to fuck off :olo:

No they didn't. It was just conjecture, and the line was that it would cost "over a billion" and some idiot reported that as an offer. Gabe never commented on that either.

Edit, link:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1773 ... FObw41lStN

Last edited by Psyche911 on 09-14-2012 01:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 09-14-2012 01:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-14-2012 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

At any rate they took a game I wanted to play and apparently turned it into a game I don't want to play.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 09-14-2012 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"They took a game I wanted to play and apparently turned it into a game I don't want to play."

GONNAFISTYA
14/9/2012

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 09-14-2012 05:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well that sucks :/

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-14-2012 06:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it really does, overstrike looked cool (i laughed for real) fuse looks shit. :/

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 09-15-2012 04:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh man... fuse looks totally gay.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-15-2012 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The first trailer looks heavily CGI based, the second shows some gameplay but is cut for all the Michael Bay fireballs, I suspect neither are indicative of what the game is actually like. I suppose all you can say about this is EA's marketing mentality and how it sucks hairy balls, but I don't think either can be used to determine the quality of the actual game.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-04-2013 05:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Guess which game was released last week? Overstri.... I mean Fuse!

Metacratic score of 63

Some reviewer quotes:

Quote:
Fuse seems like it took the template for a co-op shooter and forgot to take the time to modify that template to give the game a soul. Much like the title of the game, Fuse is generic and easily forgotten.

Quote:
Insomniac has definitely proven that they can make a rock-solid, third-person shooter, but all of the testosterone that was injected into the weaponry may have neutered the overall experience.

Quote:
Repetitive and rather poor, FUSE is a failed experiment by Insomniac, which produces a TPS like many others.

Quote:
Like four boring cover-shooters layered together. Inventive firearms aside, there’s a crippling lack of ideas: the weapon interplay is mild fun, but it can’t elevate the bland whole.

Quote:
There’s nothing remarkable about it – it feels like a game we’ve seen a hundred times before.

Quote:
Insomniac’s initial plan has devolved into a conglomerative representation of the military-shooter market’s complete saturation, a blueprint of a lack of imagination.

Bland and generic is what the verdict appears to be.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-04-2013 06:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cod ghosts morons...morons...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-04-2013 06:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it only just broke into the UK top 40 (37)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.