Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        borderlands 2

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: borderlands 2

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-19-2012 12:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

anyone playing? big improvement over the first. well worth it imo. steam name ioridyson

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-19-2012 03:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Playing as the zero moron...seems good so far...

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 09-19-2012 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks good, I'd be really temped to buy it if I wasn't fucking busy

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-19-2012 08:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone interested in sharing a 4 pack?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-19-2012 08:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fag...

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-19-2012 09:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got it on the 360. Playing the Gunzerker. Only reason I got it on the 360 is because all of my friends are playing on there... I wish those bastards had PCs to play on.

Lack of ability to adjust FOV when I'm sitting 3-4 feet away from a monitor right now is killing me. Had to put down the game last night because I felt like I was on one of those pukey tea-cup rides at the fair whenever I turned around in the damn game.

I don't know if I like the gunzerker class. I don't know wtf I'm doing though so I can't really give a proper opinion. I'm considering trying out Zero since I hear he kicks ass in melee and I find myself face-to-face with things that want to fuck my day up with their fists.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-19-2012 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U can adjust or fov WAY up on pc...u mad?...

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-19-2012 09:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not really 'cause I already knew this.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-19-2012 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Calm down angry man...

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-19-2012 11:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok sorry. I kind of flew off the handle there.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 09-19-2012 03:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

These days I hardly have time to get a few QL rounds in, let alone starting up on a new game.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-20-2012 11:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mad Moxie's a whore :(

I gave her $20,000 and didn't get anything while my friend gave her only $10,000 and got Moxie's Bad Touch (purple SMG). Laaame.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-20-2012 11:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meh. Pass.

PostPosted: 09-21-2012 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Boughted. Couldn't resist.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 09-21-2012 07:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wasn't a huge fan of the first, but the second is really tickling my coin purse. Loving it.

PostPosted: 09-21-2012 07:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

JUST FOLLOW THE SOUND OF MY SOOTHING VOICE!!!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-22-2012 04:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's very blue

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 09-22-2012 05:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What this game is all about is loot.
Having to search 30 containers every 4 steps along the way for potential loot isn't gaming fun for me.
More like torture.

Plus I hate the ugly, cartoony cell shaded look.

Not want.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-22-2012 05:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lvl 15, just saved roland. amazing so far. very hard in sp. 9.5/10

when you get to mad mike, use a rocket launcher, hes a cunt.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 09-23-2012 11:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've played this game in turbovirgin mode (about 30 hours over the weekend) and it's just fucking amazing. Very addictive gameplay, long campaign, great voice acting, hilarious writing, relatively low system requirements for great visual fidelity, cool music, fantastic art direction, and the list goes on.

My only complaints of the game are:

--It seems like the difficulty was tuned for cooperative play. Some parts are way too ridiculous on singleplayer, especially on True Vault Hunter Mode (I'm currently 37 on playthrough #2 and some areas are stupidly difficult)

--Diablo 3 and WoW 5.0 (kinda-sorta) have kind of spoiled my taste in how to do character builds/talent trees, so BL2's traditional "put 5 points in here for a passive damage increase, put 5 points there for some other passive damage increase" seems uninteresting in most cases.

--[spoiler]And wtf they cast a black dude to play Brick? Am I confused here, or wasn't he Russian in the first game? My memory might be failing me, but one thing is certain -- he's a white dude and it really breaks the immersion with this voice actor[/spoiler]

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-24-2012 07:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck u..,

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-24-2012 08:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree with Mogul. Some of the fights are just stupid in single-player. However, it pays to not just try to blast everything to bits as fast as possible in large fights and, instead, leave a lot of them with just a few points of health for an easy Second Wind. Life saver, that.

Playing as a Gunzerker and I have to admit, I keep forgetting I have the ability to... gunzerk. I've used it maybe 8 times total and 5 of them by accident and I'm level 22.

The voice acting is, indeed, damn good. This game is great with making memorable characters with unique personalities as well. Tiny Tina has to be one of the most amusing characters along with Scooter.

I also enjoy how the main bad guy is funny and charismatic. A likeable bad guy is nice to see.

The enemies are fun to watch in this game as well (except fuck Rats and Rakks). It was great fun to shoot the helm off a goliath and watch it go ape shit on the surrounding group of 10 other bandits. I think at one point in time I had two goliaths duking it out.

Some of the weapons make me wonder why they even exist but, for the most part, they're damn fun and feel great. I think it's interesting how a rocket launcher could have a few different reload animations and not just one generic *insert rocket in back* animation.

As a gunzerker I find myself sniping more than anything. I like to take out shielded enemies with an electric sniper, bots with a corrosive sniper, and everything else with a slag sniper switching to a fire-based shotgun. Cleans things up pretty fast. Might be why I forget I have my action ability since I'm not always in the thick of things with SMGs or Assault Rifles blazing.

I swear some of the enemies in this game are made of just straight up bullshit. I can't tell you how many times the Rats in The Fridge magically dodge my bullets. The little bastards won't stay still.

Speaking of The Fridge, I found that resetting that area and repeatedly killing Smash Head and Rakkman (Batman wannabe) is a great way to not only get some interesting loot, but to get exp as well. Just picked up an E-Tech corrosive sniper last night.... shame it's hyperion since it's a bitch to keep a steady aim with any of their guns, but the ricocheting rails is pretty neat.

I also agree with Mogul on the fact that the skill tree is stagnant and a bit lame. But it's something that's easily overlooked considering how fucking badass the rest of this game is.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-24-2012 09:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i need a better sniper rifle mutherfuckers...

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 09-24-2012 06:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
Playing as a Gunzerker and I have to admit, I keep forgetting I have the ability to... gunzerk.

Get used to blowing its cooldown pretty much every time it's up. You'll notice that every tree is built around supporting gunzerking. Particularly, the Rampage tree (the middle one for gunzerkers) features five talents that directly buff gunzerking in various ways, and the other talents improve it indirectly (ammo regen, etc). It gets more and more insane, the more talents you stack on top of its use.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 09-24-2012 06:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can not choice it.

PostPosted: 09-24-2012 07:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How do the skill trees work? Do you have to put 5 points in just to get to the next one?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-24-2012 07:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you can do a 3/2 split but yeah, 5 points to unlock the next row

PostPosted: 09-25-2012 08:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Topgun mission was hilarious, and the roland mission I just finished was pretty intense.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-25-2012 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
i need a better sniper rifle mutherfuckers...

have you asked YGP?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-04-2012 08:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So Yahtzee hated it...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... derlands-2

I never got interested in the first one.

PostPosted: 10-04-2012 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yahtzee has ceased to be relevant. I just got to the wildlife preserve area, don't know how far through the game I am but I'm lvl 20 and enjoying the challenge

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-04-2012 10:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yahtzee is interesting from a comic standpoint, but not so much for reviews - he hates everything.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-04-2012 11:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol bullshit. Most people focus on his zingers towards the negative because that's what got him noticed. He's more than generous with the accolades. Dunno what you fagg0ts have been watching.

If anything, you should cherish his more-than-honest contributions to the game review scene since you'll never get anything truthful out of IGN/Gamespot/the rest of the crap except a "10 out of 10!" or "Buy this game NOW!" fluff. Yahtzee never factors in the marketing budget/campaign/sucking corporate cock when making his reviews...something I wish ALL game reviewers did.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-04-2012 11:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yahtzee got a little old or something, doesn't make me laugh like it used to. But yeah, gamespot / IGN are worthless.

The reviews and articles of Rock Paper Shotgun are rather excellent, it's the first place i go when i want to know what's happening in game-land :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-04-2012 11:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

While I appreciate Yahtzee for his reviewing honesty, I mostly watch his videos for the comedy.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.