Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Deadlight

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Deadlight

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 10-26-2012 06:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great 2d zombie platformer.

Had my eye on this since its release in august on xbox360.
(My 360 RROD'd months ago, but I still can't be arsed to get it fixed, plus I prefer PC gaming for obvious reasons, anyway.)
But now it's out for PC on Steam.

Here´s the IGN review.

If you liked Limbo and Shadow Complex you will probably like this.
It has the look of the former and the gameplay of the latter. I´ve been playing this on my day off and I love it.
Great atmosphere, great animations and great graphics (UT engine).
Combat with the zombies is discouraged. You´re better off outsmarting them to avoid precious hitpoints getting nibbled away.
Gameplay wise it´s pretty much simple platforming progression with some mild puzzling. Not extremely challenging, but because everything about it clicks, and it's so engrossing for a 2d game, it's very satisfying.

Didn´t like the lack of antialiasing, but using injectSMAA works quite well.
(Sweet proggy btw. I use it all the time on games that don´t have native AA. Antialiasing without the performance hit, can I get an amen!)

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 10-26-2012 07:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, Mark of the Ninja put me off because I disliked the shank games (same devs).
Might be interesting to see their approach on stealth, after their mindless and boring approach on platforming action.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-26-2012 07:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its aight. i thought it would be the awesome, but its very predictable and sometimes kinda forgets you're not supposed to be fighting them enemies.

absolutely no replay value whatsoever btw. not always a bad thing, just something to take in mind.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 10-27-2012 06:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good lad :)

Also, you might want to open My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\LOTDGame\Config\LOTDEngine.ini and change MaxSmoothedFrameRate to 60.
For some reason it's set to 30 by default.

There was some chugginess, nothing terrible but noticable, and apart from when it loads new sections, it now runs buttasmooth.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.