Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Booted From Office

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Booted From Office

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-14-2013 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

W...T...F... :olo:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-14-2013 08:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol what a fucking joke.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-14-2013 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-14-2013 09:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just found out another forum I frequent loves this guy just as much as me :D

The football jersey he's wearing in the video was his dresscode for the council meeting ? lol

He's also taking the offensive ? (full audio from the vid) :D

http://torontoist.com/2013/11/rob-ford- ... t-at-home/

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-14-2013 10:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-14-2013 03:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MAAAAH BELLIEH! :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 06:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He has plenty to eat at home! :olo: it sure looks like it :olo:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 08:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 09:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who should play him in the movie? Farley would have been perfect. Maybe Artie Lang?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 09:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rob Ford stripped of key powers in council vote

Quote:
Toronto city council has voted to both remove Mayor Rob Ford's authority during emergency situations and, under a separate motion, has stripped his power to hire and fire the deputy mayor and appoint members of his executive committee.

The motions passed 41-2 and 39-3, respectively, at council's meeting Friday morning. They are the first of three motions aimed at leaving Ford as mayor in name only. He will continue his last 11 months as mayor with severely limited powers. Ford still has the authority to declare an emergency but, in that event, authority would pass to the deputy mayor.

The vote on the third motion is expected Monday. It would reduce his staff and office budget to that of a regular city councillor.

He won't go away, though. Conservatives like him are too fucking hard-headed and stupid to admit defeat or even learn from their misdeeds.

Now Canada has it's own Turd-blossom. :down:

Last edited by GONNAFISTYA on 11-15-2013 10:21 AM, edited 2 times in total.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So what, he's basically an "honorary" mayor now?
Instead of just neutering him, doesn't this coucil have the power to just get rid of him entirely?
It's all very funny, of course, but (in theory) this guy is still running a major city.

Normal people would have resigned a long time ago. But this guy is apparently actually getting off on all the drama.
Setting himself up to go out in a blaze of lard :(

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 10:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We still have Baird, McKay, Harper, etc.

It's an entire turd-tree in a turd forest in full turd-blossom.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canada is turning into garbage. Sorry folks, but it's just the truth.

It's not just Canada's politics that has turned stupid the last 20 years, but the country's people. The bell curve is a perfect match to America's insanity and the Rise Of Alberta gave - and continues to give - those insane rightwing fucks legitimacy.

Truthfully: Sept 11, 2001 fucked Canada up more than it did the yanks.

I see the average Canadian as no smarter than the average redneck and every bit as vain and self-centred. The further west you go past Thunder Bay, the worse it gets.

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That crack remix :olo:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was at a restaurant for lunch today and they had TSN on the telly. Apparently two new developments have come to light:

1) Ford Motor Company wants people from "Ford Nation" to stop using their logo on their t-shirts.

2) The Toronto Argonauts Football team have distanced themselves from Rob Ford wearing their jersey to work at the city hall, giving press scrums and talking about "eating pussy".

He's cancer and it's only a matter of time before everyone abandons him, he slinks out of public life and kills himself in his basement surrounded by empty bottles of booze and crack pipes.

Can't happen soon enough. :up:

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Canada is turning into garbage. Sorry folks, but it's just the truth.

It's not just Canada's politics that has turned stupid the last 20 years, but the country's people. The bell curve is a perfect match to America's insanity and the Rise Of Alberta gave - and continues to give - those insane rightwing fucks legitimacy.

Truthfully: Sept 11, 2001 fucked Canada up more than it did the yanks.

I see the average Canadian as no smarter than the average redneck and every bit as vain and self-centred. The further west you go past Thunder Bay, the worse it gets.

The old adage "people deserve the government they get", then?
Seems kind of fatalistic.
Surely there are enough sound minds present, even in Canada, to restore order?

I'm kind of puzzled about why events in the US (9/11) would have an impact on this topic, though.
Canadian mayors smoking crack. Rob Ford in particular. Let's keep it focussed!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 11:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is there not a country in the world that's not full of idiots? What's the go-to country these days?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Netherlands, Germany, France, Australia.

There are lots of better places that aren't run by idiots. Pull your yank head out of your yank ass and look around.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
The old adage "people deserve the government they get", then?
Seems kind of fatalistic.

I've been saying for decades that humanity still needs several thousand years of evolution before we get past this. We are simply unable to do it right now, because we still have too many monkey tendancies....such as flinging shit at each other and burning the whole thing down out of spite.

Plan B wrote:
Surely there are enough sound minds present, even in Canada, to restore order?

You'd think. But you'd be wrong.

Plan B wrote:
I'm kind of puzzled about why events in the US (9/11) would have an impact on this topic, though.

It's a long story, but let's just say 9/11 unleashed the rednecks of Canada (crazy people Canada never even knew they had) and more than a decade of Harper has emboldened them. America was always paranoid and greedy, and now Canada is following suit. Those unleashed freaks aren't going away now. The genie is out of the bottle...exactly the same problem the yanks have in their political system. In short: Rob Ford and people like him wouldn't have stood a chance politically 15 years ago in Canada, now they're the rabid "normal".

The Rob Ford Nation is just Toronto's local version of the Tea Party.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're forgetting Mel Lastman, who somehow has become only the second worst mayor in Toronto's history :olo:

The conservatives have built themselves a great platform. They have the support of white retards and evil Indians around the country which should naturally give them a landslide victory in every election, yet they still have to cheat to win. Every Indian that falls off a curry ship is readily being greeted by conservative MPs and given an info pamphlet on how to make this country even worse. They get away with a lot of shit when a million Bramptonites hand out votes to anyone who swings from their asshairs. I saw it first-hand when I got my Canadian citizenship last year and the MPs were there with fake smiles ready to welcome a new boatload of welfare maggots. I was probably the only soap-using anglophone in the entire room.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

got to admire the sheer brass balls on this guy. he clearly doesn't give a fuck. it's not surprising some people find guys like this politically attractive, given the prevailing blandness of politicians

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, perfectly doesn't explain why weak figures like Tony "no nuts" Blair were elected into office.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Netherlands, Germany, France, Australia.

There are lots of better places that aren't run by idiots. Pull your yank head out of your yank ass and look around.

Germany (nice place tho) ?, France ?, just fuck u. The scandi countries :up:

seremtan wrote:
got to admire the sheer brass balls on this guy. he clearly doesn't give a fuck. it's not surprising some people find guys like this politically attractive, given the prevailing blandness of politicians

This is it !, this hero will soon be an hero. It'll create a legend I'm telling ya bro

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Germany (nice place tho) ?, France ?, just fuck u. The scandi countries :up:

lol you're obviously clueless. They're terrific places to live.

losCHUNK wrote:
seremtan wrote:

This is it !, this hero will soon be an hero. It'll create a legend I'm telling ya bro

Like I said, in his basement....after a standoff with police. :up:

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Get real.
GFY is basing his opinion on his intoxicated european tour de grass, 10 years ago.
But things are rapidly changing, for the worse.
Countries as mentioned are forced to adjust to European zero tolerance guide lines.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 01:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
Yeah, perfectly doesn't explain why weak figures like Tony "no nuts" Blair were elected into office.

correct. preceding years of Tory sleaze explain that

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 02:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:

lol you're obviously clueless. They're terrific places to live.

lol behave, France is a shithole and that's not cos it's France, it's cos it's a shithole. Germany when they found out about GCHQ were so jelly they complained n all :D

Germany was one of the better places I visited, but as far as restrictive policies go against civil liberties they're just as nutty as the yanks

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
Get real.
GFY is basing his opinion on his intoxicated european tour de grass, 10 years ago.
But things are rapidly changing, for the worse.
Countries as mentioned are forced to adjust to European zero tolerance guide lines.

Oh ffs are you insane? Do you see Chancellor Merkel of Germany fighting her political enemies to stop them from shutting down Germany's economy? Sure, there are sex scandals in Europe like anywhere else, but have you seen anything in Europe even coming close to the insane idiocy that you see in American or Canadian politics? Have you seen not just the absolute refusal to accept reality and science, but concerted efforts to crush it? Really? What planet are you posting from?

You must be a crazy person, because you sound like one.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Germany was one of the better places I visited, but as far as restrictive policies go against civil liberties they're just as nutty as the yanks

Really? In Germany, you can take your dog into the mall or into the restaurant. In the US or Canada, they'd call the cops on you if you tried. That's just one example, I can go on all fucking day, but that'd be a waste of time, methinks.

And before you even think of laughing at my example, please bear in mind I'm keeping it short and I'm in too good a mood to spend the time shattering your entire view of reality. :up:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 02:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds more like someones in a good mood so doesn't want a whole load of dick in their backside ;)

We've already agreed France is a shithole so were 50% complete :up:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 02:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think some of you are confusing "crazy politicians" with "crazy politics". And that's just stupid.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Sounds more like someones in a good mood so doesn't want a whole load of dick in their backside ;)

We've already agreed France is a shithole so were 50% complete :up:

After all I've seen and visited, Paris is still my favorite city. If you haven't been there for more than a day, you'd never understand why.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 02:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol !. I've been there plenty dude, hours / days / weeks (but not months !). Seriosuly hated it, I preferred Italy to France and the Italians on the whole were obnoxious. Hamburg was genius :up:

Last edited by losCHUNK on 11-15-2013 02:21 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Really? In Germany, you can take your dog into the mall or into the restaurant. In the US or Canada, they'd call the cops on you if you tried.

Oh yeah...and the cops would shoot your dog after they tazed you and shot another member of your family just for looking at them funny. :up:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-15-2013 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I preferred Italy to France...

And now I know for sure you're huffing paint.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.