Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        How to Fuck Up a Beloved Franchise

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: How to Fuck Up a Beloved Franchise

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-02-2013 11:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

trololol, EA doesn't do much to fix their reputation;

http://kotaku.com/hooray-the-first-free ... -466266048

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-03-2013 12:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffs EA

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-03-2013 01:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus....

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-03-2013 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

That reminds me of "A Christmas Story" wherein the kid collects a bunch of Ovaltine ring-decoder crap just to "win" the prize of...you guessed it...another fucking advertisment.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-03-2013 10:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On the site it says the DLC will "only" be available for 6 months. For those few who want it, they better hope the download works some time before the offer ends, because right now the download is broken. :olo:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-11-2013 08:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-11-2013 08:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I needed that smile today. Thanks, GKY. :)

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 04-12-2013 11:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 04-12-2013 02:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Video games. :olo:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-17-2013 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ubisoft Montreal's CEO gives his take on the "always on internet connection" mess...

“Audience is ready” for always-online consoles

Quote:
When asked about the prospect of an always-online console by The Guardian recently, Mallat said the final call would have to come from Sony and Microsoft. But he then went on to offer his own thoughts on the issue, saying, "I would say a lot of people are already always online through other devices—I would suspect that the audience is ready."

Ars Technica...along with the rest of us apparently...aren't convinced:

Quote:
We suppose we could envision some sort of ad-subsidized console that requires an Internet connection to show marketing messages in exchange for free or cheap hardware and software. Perhaps having a guarantee that every player is always online could let some games provide handy, aggregate gameplay data to other players, even in single-player mode. Other than these limited examples, though, it's hard to envision any sort of online requirement that is actually an improvement over the kind of online options that are currently available in countless games, at least from the player's perspective.

Of course, from the publisher's point of view, an always-online console brings plenty of benefits, from anti-piracy authentication to player monitoring and data collection to simple marketing opportunities. But "clear benefits" to the player? Maybe we're just not being imaginative enough...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-12-2014 11:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-12-2014 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not even worth an illegal download of EA crap

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.