Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Boston Marathon explosions?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Boston Marathon explosions?

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 11:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 14148.html

Quote:
Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So what caused the explosion?

Quote:
If this is an act of terrorism, the perpetrators picked the wrong target in marathon runners. We will not be defeated. The day after I completed my first marathon, I resumed my radiation treatments. We'll get angrier and kick their asses even harder.

lol, Americans trying to look tough.

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 12:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 12:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whats up with the dude in that gif going into QWOP mode after the blast?

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 12:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 12:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So who should be bomb first? Iran, n Korea, Canada?...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 12:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The pic of the legless guy in the wheelchair is pretty gnarly.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 12:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:

he is old and just ran a marathon :dork:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 12:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

damn, i thought we were done with this terrorist bullshit...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 12:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:

Shrapnel?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't believe this doesn't happen all the time since 911...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so y'all figure this was al qaeda?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Either that, or Kim Jong-un's "nuclear" missile threat realized. :dork:

PostPosted: 04-15-2013 01:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/a ... PDGIjYBalO

do i need to drive there and stomp on some toes?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh well that must be it then. it is the new york post after all...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 01:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck sake :(

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Christ, the internet is a crazy thing at times like these. There's a #bostonbombing IRC channel, a link to a live audio feed of the Boston Police/Fire/EMS scanner, YouTube videos of the bomb going off minutes after it happened, people tweeting from the area, a Google Person Finder to search by marathon runner names to see if they're OK, and every runner had ID chips on their numbers so we know exactly where they were when the bombs went off... Who needs mainstream media?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 01:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The hard part is wading thru the noise and finding out the facts. Again tho, who needs the media for that.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 01:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd wager the media would be counterproductive in gathering reliable info in the first hours of the bombing. I trust the internet over Fox and its ilk.

PostPosted: 04-15-2013 01:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

after the first few hours, the news stops and the media begins... i think this will be solved rather quickly though.

PostPosted: 04-15-2013 02:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 6455590704

some of the comments may make you feel very very smart

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 02:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tax day bombings...

Obvious right wing nut jobs...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 02:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck this is sick.

Runners having their legs blown off...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
bitWISE wrote:

Shrapnel?

lol yea probably, looks like he went down right where the side trail stuff got blown out.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually it looks like his knees gave out from the shockwave.

Btw Israel did it.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 04:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
lol yea probably, looks like he went down right where the side trail stuff got blown out.

There are reports of doctors pulling ball bearings out of people, and officials have said the bombs were IEDs.

Cowboys in '05
Cowboys in '05
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Actually it looks like his knees gave out from the shockwave.

Correct- he's alive. http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201304 ... -in-Boston

It was a terrorist attack- whether it was domestic or foreign remains to be seen. Death toll now up to 3, 140+ injured

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 05:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Serious question to all the "it wuz turrurists" people:

Exactly what would a terror organization gain by attacking a non-ideologic public event such as a marathon? It makes perfect sense to attack symbols of capitalism, government or military targets, particularly when they're busy, but attacking a bunch of people celebrating physical achievement and drinking water? Sounds like a crazy nutter did this...for whatever reason, not al-howeveryouspellitwithbrownallahandgoatlovers.

I don't get how this could be turrirists...so someone please explain that to me. Sounds like more dumb yank anti-brown people war mongerin...cause that's been so long overdue these days.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 06:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Tax day bombings...

Obvious right wing nut jobs...

yes, it seems like 4/15 is an unlikely date for anyone else to pick.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Boston Knee Party?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 06:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's tax day and patriot day in Boston...

Pretty obvious what kind of dipshit did this...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 06:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:

Exactly what would a terror organization gain by attacking a non-ideologic public event such as a marathon? It makes perfect sense to attack symbols of capitalism, government or military targets, particularly when they're busy, but attacking a bunch of people celebrating physical achievement and drinking water? Sounds like a crazy nutter did this...for whatever reason, not al-howeveryouspellitwithbrownallahandgoatlovers.

I don't get how this could be turrirists...so someone please explain that to me. Sounds like more dumb yank anti-brown people war mongerin...cause that's been so long overdue these days.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 06:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:

Terror organizations also target subway stations and Time Square (not exactly symbols of capitalism, government or military targets). It seems any place with a crowd will suffice...

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 06:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well...I'd categorize Times Square as a symbol of American capitalism/culture, so there's that.

And yeah, sometimes they target train stations, etc. But in the case of Muricuh and on Muricun soil most "terrorism" in the US is done by white people.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-15-2013 06:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
But in the case of Muricuh and on Muricun soil most "terrorism" in the US is done by white people.

And? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Terror is terror, yo.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.