Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Time for a new project...a pool...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Time for a new project...a pool...

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 05-16-2015 03:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
Jesus, you guys have got it great. Especially you, Saturn, that looks gorgeous.

Thx man, I've been very lucky to acquire this place.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 05-16-2015 03:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Beautiful.

I'll try to get a pic facing the other way, looking towards the creek...

If you got it, flaunt it :cool:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-17-2015 02:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geoff, posting this from Munich. Off to the Swiss Alps tomorrow, see you in 9 days when I'm 20 grand richer :up:

If you ask nicely, I'll buy you some new fabric walls for your shanty town garage room.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-17-2015 03:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is being 500-600 miles from home considered a far distance for euros? I mean really, people shit all over Geoff for traveling 1,200 miles to Vegas. Now were bragging about the equivalent of domestic travel in Europe?

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 05-17-2015 03:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's the destination, not the distance travelled.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-17-2015 04:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No doubt, but bragging about something that has essentially been a day trip from where you lived your entire life just really doesn't seem worth bragging about at all.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-17-2015 05:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
xer0s wrote:
Beautiful.

I'll try to get a pic facing the other way, looking towards the creek...

If you got it, flaunt it :cool:

Well, we got hit by a tornado yesterday (no damage to the house). If you look on the right side of the photo down in the creek, you can see the trees that were destroyed.

I also stumbled upon this guy while surveying the damage...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-17-2015 05:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
No doubt, but bragging about something that has essentially been a day trip from where you lived your entire life just really doesn't seem worth bragging about at all.

It's true. If I lived in Europe, I'd be in a different country every weekend...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-17-2015 05:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol euros have no idea how bad they have it... :olo: ... We have family from different parts of Europe and some from south america... First time they visited it was hilarious when they realized how shitty they got it compared to us over here... The looks on their faces were priceless... :olo: ...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-17-2015 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
It's the destination, not the distance travelled.

Typical poor person comment... :olo: ...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 05-17-2015 06:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Says the pooron who's never been out of the US. :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-17-2015 06:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

False statement ^^^... Lol what a moron pooron... :olo: ...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 05-17-2015 06:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like my statement was correct. :olo:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 12:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Is being 500-600 miles from home considered a far distance for euros? I mean really, people shit all over Geoff for traveling 1,200 miles to Vegas. Now were bragging about the equivalent of domestic travel in Europe?

Being paid £18,000 to drive this:

To this:

I'm off to spend the next 9 days shooting beautiful women. Feeling blessed :up:

It's not about how long to spend on the plane, mate. :)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 02:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Lol euros have no idea how bad they have it... :olo: ... We have family from different parts of Europe and some from south america... First time they visited it was hilarious when they realized how shitty they got it compared to us over here... The looks on their faces were priceless... :olo: ...

Another lie :up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 03:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Poor little guy... Has to rent everything from his apt to his cars and can't afford trips unless they are for business.... Thinks traveling a few hundred miles to a place that's not a shithole is paradise....lol poor ppl... :olo: ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 04:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep, could've taken my own car, but it wouldn't fit on the plane, and since the GTR is actually part of the shoot, I took the opportunity to hit the German roads in it for a three hour blast to the location. Better that then it being hooked up to a truck and transported here. Loads of fun. Definitely paradise, too, it's truly beautiful. To think, this time in 2009 I was sitting in a cell. What a life :up:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 04:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your perfect life is still no exuse for going on safari to shoot beautiful women that apparently have been placed in a series of rustic chalets for you to hunt down, you mysoginist bastard.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 05:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
Yep, could've taken my own car, but it wouldn't fit on the plane, and since the GTR is actually part of the shoot, I took the opportunity to hit the German roads in it for a three hour blast to the location. Better that then it being hooked up to a truck and transported here. Loads of fun. Definitely paradise, too, it's truly beautiful. To think, this time in 2009 I was sitting in a cell. What a life :up:

Lol poor ppl... :olo: ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 09:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Your perfect life is still no exuse for going on safari to shoot beautiful women that apparently have been placed in a series of rustic chalets for you to hunt down, you mysoginist bastard.

I just lol'ed hard :olo:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

Lol poor ppl... :olo: ...

Geoff's stock response when he runs out of other stock responses. You could replace this useless turkey-necked leathery old codger with a computer and I'd never notice.

Currently being paid to sit at the edge of Lake Constance drinking a ginger tea and reading AE Houseman. Fuck me this crim's got style :up:

No more posts now, overseas Internet is too expensive - I've already spent about 3 quid telling you how awesome I've got it

fuck u...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
reading AE Houseman.

eh? nostalgia for Shropshire?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 12:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

G...

Fuck u tiny renter... :olo: ...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 11:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gotten to. :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-19-2015 03:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
G...

Fuck u... :olo: ...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 05-19-2015 11:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no u :olo:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-26-2015 12:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

eh? nostalgia for Shropshire?

haha, no, although SL is a good collection, I was reading his last poems, about war and Moses Jackson. Housman is one of my favourite poets, especially the work he released before his death.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-26-2015 12:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geoff, have you managed to scramble a few bucks together for some fencing yet?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-26-2015 05:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh look... Tiny is back from his poorcation... Maybe one day if he's lucky he can stop being a renter have enough credit to own things.... Probably not though cuz of his prison record... Lol convicts... :olo: ...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 05-26-2015 06:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
have enough credit to own things....

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 05-26-2015 07:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
To this:

which lake is this?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-26-2015 08:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Oh look... Tiny is back from his poorcation... Maybe one day if he's lucky he can stop being a renter have enough credit to own things.... Probably not though cuz of his prison record... Lol convicts... :olo: ...

You didn't answer my question. How much further are you into your four year budget pool build? Have you cobbled together enough pennies to fill it with water yet? :!:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Benefits of Geoffs pool -

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I understand... Many of ur jellus and mad of my success and laid back way of life... If it makes u feel better to believe my $125k limestone pool is above ground just go with that... On another note... Before the rains began the lake was at 620 elevation... By Sunday it will be at 666... But more rain is expected so that will surely go higher... Winning... :olo: ...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Too easy

What's your success ?, and congrats on surviving another summer with water :up:

/3rd world issues

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.