Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Xbox one thread

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Xbox one thread

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 05-16-2014 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-l ... 0-6419629/

:up:

Having to have gold membership to watch 4OD is stupid. Hopefully this makes that free too.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-18-2014 07:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Yesterday, A PlayStation website claimed that the PS4 was the only way to enjoy Watch Dogs at 1080p with a frame rate of 60FPS.

Sony has now quietly rolled back the relevant text from its website, as spotted and screengrabbed by GameInformer.

An earlier rumour suggested the action game will run at 30FPS on all systems, although the Xbox One version will be lower res than the PS4.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/12/watch-d ... -redacted/

lol consoles

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-18-2014 08:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 05-18-2014 10:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I much prefer PC gaming to console gaming, but despite the above article they're still a hell of a lot cheaper than trying to keep a PC updated which will play all the latest games :tard:.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-18-2014 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol poor ppl ^^^...

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 05-18-2014 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I could afford a couple of Geforce Titan's in SLI if I wanted, that wasn't my point :clownboat:.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 05-18-2014 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah cool. I'm pretty out the loop in gaming in general, currently have a GTX 260 :D. Odd how you mention the 460, a friend offered to swap my card for his old GTX 460, sounds like it'll suit me just fine!

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-18-2014 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
Ah cool. I'm pretty out the loop in gaming in general, currently have a GTX 260 :D. Odd how you mention the 460, a friend offered to swap my card for his old GTX 460, sounds like it'll suit me just fine!

Lol poor ppl...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-18-2014 10:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a 480 GTX that got killed by the Carmageddon pre-release. Need to get a better processor and more RAM

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-18-2014 10:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
I much prefer PC gaming to console gaming, but despite the above article they're still a hell of a lot cheaper than trying to keep a PC updated which will play all the latest games :tard:.

Is this necessarily true? I mean, you really don't need a high end gaming PC to play the latest Xbox 360 titles, and I'm sure it'll chug along pretty decently with these early Xbox One titles. So if you wait another year and then buy the beefiest PC you can find, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine and dandy for the coming years of console games.

edit:
oh, has already been said I see.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 05:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

only took them a year, but media streaming is a fact for the Bone. supports mkv.

http://majornelson.com/2014/08/12/kicki ... ming-soon/

Quote:
a new app will be available soon that enables users to play media files from either an attached USB device or from a network connected home media server that supports DLNA protocols. The preview version of the Media Player app will initially only support USB devices, with DLNA support coming soon. Xbox One will support more formats than Xbox 360, including support for dozens of new file formats like mpeg 2 TS, animated gifs and mkv which will be added by the end of the year. See below for additional file formats.

Doombrain rejoice.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 05:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a gaming device first and foremost. And until there's actually some games worth playing, I won't go with the next gen consoles. If Fallout 4 came out tomorrow, I'd buy an xbone today...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 05:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why not buy it tomorrow at the same time as buying the game?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 06:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cause I'd want to get it all set up and ready the day before. So I don't waste precious Fallout 4 time. Duh...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 06:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh ok fair enough.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 06:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grow up ^^^...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 06:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Xbox One? Xbox One? Oh, you mean that console that still isn't sold here in the Netherlands :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 07:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't you buy shit off the internet?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 07:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got one just so I can play Destiny on it. Can't wait, although AC Black Flag is actually really fun. Way better than previous AC games anyway.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 07:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The one with the ships? lol, no...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 07:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it's fucking awesome! I love wandering around doing pirate things. Dunno why but it's struck a chord with me and that hasn't happened with any recent games... Save maybe GTA 5.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 09:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Can't you buy shit off the internet?

Sure, but it's bullshit how MS is treating an important market like the Netherlands like a 3rd world country.
Also, aren't these things country coded, so that depending on the country the console was bought in, certain things from onlt that country work, like certain online deals or vouchers?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 09:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know, I don't live in a 3rd world country...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 10:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In this very thread we've been over this. The Bone is regionfree, as are it's games. Dl vouchers work everywhere unless youre in a country where there's no Live.

Also, MS offers full support for imported machines. The only thing is that the Kinect and dash doesn't support your native language.. seeing how the Bone is no longer bundled with the Kinect that point is also moot.

Every Saturn, Mediamarkt, Dixons and maybe even Intertoys has it in sale, not to mention Redcoon, Bol.com etc. At first it was the German import but now it's even labelled as NL.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 10:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I don't know, I don't live in a 3rd world country...

Meanwhile you're dealing with an ebola outbreak..

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 10:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:mad:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 10:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ps4 is still better right?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 12:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I need a new game because I'm getting bored of BF4. Oh, there aren't any. Just fucking previews of games.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 03:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
So, Tomb Raider 11 an Xbone exclusive. Someone at Squeenix needs a good fisting.

Guess it won't be worth playing then.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 04:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
The Bone is regionfree, as are it's games.

its

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 05:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
MKJ wrote:
The Bone is regionfree, as are it's games.

its

That one's a bit of a trick, innit?

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 07:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not really.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-12-2014 09:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Correct sir. Lol autocomplete etc.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-13-2014 09:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Memphis wrote:
So, Tomb Raider 11 an Xbone exclusive. Someone at Squeenix needs a good fisting.

Guess it won't be worth playing then.

After Squeenix' apologetic letter to the community - "we still love the other platforms but our MS friends paid us money so yea" - Microsoft's Phil Spencer now elaborates on the deal. Spoiler: it's not exclusive.

Quote:
Yes, the deal has a duration," Xbox boss Phil Spencer told Eurogamer. "I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

In other words, when they said yesterday that the next big Tomb Raider game is an Xbox exclusive, what they really meant is that it'll be out first on Xbox (both 360 and One), and then it'll come later to other platforms.

We can all relax now.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-13-2014 11:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

<JimSterlingMode>

With all due respect, but you're being such a weak apologetic cunt for the gaming industry here MKJ.

Sure, you can buy an Xbox One via import and everything, but the fact that MS officially launches the device in a few European countries nearly a year after the initial launch just shows such a gigantic lack of respect for their customers. It's like they aren't taking these markets seriously and the alternative of import doesn't just make that "OK". And yeah, the fact that this is yet another unforgivable Xbox One fuckup on MS' side doesn't exactly tip the scale in their favor either.

Also, a franchise as big as the next Tomb Raider game being released on Xbox first and Playstation and PC later is NOT a cool thing. It's absolute shite in fact.
It's something that MS is doing out of their own interest, only to enrich themselves. The consumer isn't getting any favors here, in fact, most consumers are completely fucked by it, because they have to wait before they can play the game, possibly for months.

It may seem like I'm overreacting and yeah, it's "just" videogames and there sometimes are alternatives, but it's just that if everyone goes "oh, ok" and moves on, companies in the gaming industry continue to pull this sort of shit and fuck the consumer over and over, if not doing worse.

</JimSterlingMode>

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.