Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-11-2016 05:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I build state of the art educational facilities

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-11-2016 06:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I recently got one of these. This thing is pretty cool. Easy to set up and operate. The voice recognition is really good. The sound is pretty good for a unit this size. We're still exploring everything it can do. We might get a dot or two as well.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 04-11-2016 07:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whoh is that a speaker?

jeez ey!

i have recently gone back to stalking the kijiji ads (like a craigslist) for big old late 70's early 80's sansui, yamaha and pioneer amps.

uugg its hard to find the right thing.

i like the old tone

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-11-2016 08:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I recently got one of these. This thing is pretty cool. Easy to set up and operate. The voice recognition is really good. The sound is pretty good for a unit this size. We're still exploring everything it can do. We might get a dot or two as well.

You need this

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 04-11-2016 11:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Donald Trump, is that you?!

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 02:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got to admin I've bought my wife and I an Apple Watch each...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 03:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

^Upset.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 03:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

I bought my wife an Apple watch this past Christmas. She likes it. But then again she likes all that iCrap.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 04:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So far I've used it to draw boobs and cocks to send her.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 08:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

But then again she likes all that iCrap.

Whats her name, I-Carly? :?:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 09:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
see the suitcase at 1:56 that he walks into? constructed by yours truly.

Citizen Potter of Everything :smirk:

props for the prop design :up:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 06:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:

:olo: That's pretty spot on.

Playboy
Playboy
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 09:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
So I finally broke down and bought a bike. I decided this would be a good starter. Big enough to comfortably ride and inexpensive enough to get rid of if I don't enjoy it.

Too scared to ride a sports bike? What model is it? Also you need to remove the reflectors.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 04:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't want a sport bike, I wanted a cruiser. The bike is a Honda VTX1300C. That picture is just a pic I linked from the internet. My bike looks like it, but without the reflectors.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I didn't want a sport bike, I wanted a cruiser. The bike is a Honda VTX1300C. That picture is just a pic I linked from the internet. My bike looks like it, but without the reflectors.

Can you please post a pic of your actual bike?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 07:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not sure what more you're going to see from a different picture. That one is pretty much exactly what the one I own looks like. I didn't notice the reflectors until LawL mentioned them. But I'll post another pic as soon as I have it detailed.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 09:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Flex Donkey wrote:
Too scared to ride a sports bike?

His head causes so much drag that he couldn't even push an R1 beyond 30mph

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 09:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I'm not sure what more you're going to see from a different picture. That one is pretty much exactly what the one I own looks like. I didn't notice the reflectors until LawL mentioned them. But I'll post another pic as soon as I have it detailed.

Have a chat with Kracus

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You going to be okay Peetaster? :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Me, on the weight loss thing. 7kg lost in 5 weeks and maybe another 7 to go :D

Update
Current weight: 83.5 kg
Loss to date: 13.5 kg
Goal: Shed another 2 or 3 kilograms and maintain
Hurdle: That last kilo is probably the hardest to loose
Feeling: Fantastic :up:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 12:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How tall are you?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only ppl who ride sports bikes in America are morons and dead ppl(beat to death)... Chump bikes...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Whiskey 7 wrote:
Me, on the weight loss thing. 7kg lost in 5 weeks and maybe another 7 to go :D

Update
Current weight: 83.5 kg
Loss to date: 13.5 kg
Goal: Shed another 2 or 3 kilograms and maintain
Hurdle: That last kilo is probably the hardest to loose
Feeling: Fantastic :up:

YourGrandpa wrote:
How tall are you?

I haven't measured myself (height :smirk: ) in a while so I just did to be sure - 172cm or 5 foot 8 inches.

Checking... some websites say I should be 74kg :eek: but I did look sickly thin at 78kgs and yes, many years ago. I will be happy and content at 80kg (176lbs).

Playboy
Playboy
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Cruisers are fine if you're looking for the relaxed wind in the hair, bugs in the teeth kind of experience. I'm more into the brutal acceleration with slick cornering kind of thing. Each to their own. The VTX1300 actually has a pretty decent rep as far as Jap cruisers go.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 03:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Says the guy whose not a cop but acts like one when it comes to ppl going 3 miles over the speed limit... :olo: ...

Playboy
Playboy
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just because I believe road rules should be obeyed doesn't mean there isn't a time and place for letting loose on a sports bike, such as twisty canyons on country roads with high speed limits or track days. Grow up dipshit who knows nothing of motorcycling.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cops... :olo: ...

redline
redline
PostPosted: 04-14-2016 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My 140mm rear exhaust case fan stopped spinning. I checked for prices online, they range from $15 to $30 CAD each, depending on the brand :eek:

I lubricated it as indicated here. Seems to be working now, I wonder how long it will last.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-14-2016 08:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why not buy a new one? You've got 3 monitors and a super PC. Seems like the risks are greater than the resolution.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 04-14-2016 08:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Why not buy a new one? You've got 3 monitors and a super PC. Seems like the risks are greater than the resolution.

Just because I have a nice PC doesn't mean I have money. No reason to waste it if I can DIY for free :D

I'll probably replace the fan eventually. I just need to find more stuff to get free shipping (orders over $50 CAD). Maybe GP104 in June to hold me over till GP100 :paranoid:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 08:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ignore Gwamps, his solution to everything is to just buy something like his consumerist overlords have trained him to do.

Got divorced? Buy a boat lamp.
Got upset on the internet? Buy accessories for a badass paper-killing shotgun.
Got an unnaturally large block head with nothing inside it? Buy a used motorcycle.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 10:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Flex Donkey wrote:
Just because I believe road rules should be obeyed doesn't mean there isn't a time and place for letting loose on a sports bike, such as twisty canyons on country roads with high speed limits or track days. Grow up dipshit who knows nothing of motorcycling.

Honestly, going 80km's on a back country road is plenty quick for me. It's far more fun than going 200 on the highway anyway.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 02:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:
My 140mm rear exhaust case fan stopped spinning. I checked for prices online, they range from $15 to $30 CAD each, depending on the brand :eek:

I lubricated it as indicated here. Seems to be working now, I wonder how long it will last.

Interesting. I didn't think you could 'maintain' case fans :cool:

Me, I couldn't connect to the internet so I called my ISP who advised it was an 'outage' over a large area affecting many Customers. I told them I had the internet icon and all the usual lights up on their wireless modem/router and I didn't think that was my problem (the outage).

I asked when should I call back (eta on outage restoration) and they advised close of business?? Close of business, it is a 24 hour industry :smirk:
Just getting fobbed off I thought.

Next morning still no internet >:( so I called again to be advised that outage was fixed! Seems I was right. They suggested I recycle my modem! No, not dispose of thoughtfully but restore/restart and they'd call back. I did and they didn't >:(

I called a third time. Staff suggested I try a wired/LAN connection. I explained I had to find a cable and that would take time. They said they'd hold on the line! What, 15 or 20 minutes! No I said, please call back in 30 minutes. They agreed. Again I did (connect via LAN) and they didn't call back >:(

I called a fourth time and again explained the problem. They suggested changing the channel on the wi-fi network. I did and it's fixed.

Moral here; if you believe you're right you probably are. No doubt, you'll be told differently but persist and you will eventually be proved right but it doesn't help :smirk: :smirk:

Note to self - Investigate ISP options.

Playboy
Playboy
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 09:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Flex Donkey wrote:

Honestly, going 80km's on a back country road is plenty quick for me. It's far more fun than going 200 on the highway anyway.

All depends on the country road, if it's got lots of nice corners then yeah 80km an hour is plenty.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-16-2016 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: What is new in your little world?

My Mum is celebrating her 82nd birthday today.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.