Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-10-2017 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I don't gamble or smoke and not a big drinker.

Fag...

Also... Don't go to Vegas with ur kids... Almost as bad as going to New Orleans with kids...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-10-2017 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My son is 16. We were there for a day. We saw a show and walked the strip. Our trip was mainly about seeing some family and the sites in Arizona. I wouldn't have brought him there for any extended period of time.

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 07:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Dark Metal wrote:
Nobu is great, if you go to the original Vegas location in the Hard Rock. I'll be in Vegas first weekend in November for my annual trip if anyone wants to join.

Still stay at the Rio?

Vegas is great. Not sure what people are expecting. Everything has always been fake. Its a fun place to spend a weekend every once in a while. Plenty of great places to eat, shows to see, and lots of alcohol.

Last couple of times I didn't. Stayed at Ceasars, Hard Rock and Ballys last 3 times. Probably Ballys or Planet Hollywood this trip. Going in April for my 40th and will probably Rio it for the Nostalga.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 07:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Going to Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras next month.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 08:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:

Looks an interesting place :up:

Me, in two weeks I am off to a little island south of Australia, Tasmania :)
I've been there before some 8 or 9 years ago. It is a beautiful and quiet holiday destination. I am currently working on an itinerary, looking at places to visit.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 06:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Scourge wrote:

Looks an interesting place :up:

Me, in two weeks I am off to a little island south of Australia, Tasmania :)
I've been there before some 8 or 9 years ago. It is a beautiful and quiet holiday destination. I am currently working on an itinerary, looking at places to visit.

Would it be cold there this time of year?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 06:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:

Nice. Some good fishin down there :up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 06:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:

Loo poor ppl...

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Going to Valencia on Thursday for a friend's stag do (we've gone for a non-cliché'd destination) :up:

The wedding's next week and I've not yet finished writing the best man speech :alert:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*Top cunt, top bird, get pissed and enjoy yourselves

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:D

I'd love to have the bravado to attempt to do that one

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finished upgrading my work/gaming rig. Added an i7-7700K, Z270 mobo, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM, and an ASUS Strix 1080 Ti OC.

Parts list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/VcxG3C

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 01:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 04:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Scourge wrote:

Loo poor ppl...

I guess I could make the major trek to fucking Colorado 2 states away, where I used to live.... :alert:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 04:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Scourge wrote:

Nice. Some good fishin down there :up:

I plan to try some of that. :cool:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-22-2017 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
Going to Valencia on Thursday for a friend's stag do (we've gone for a non-cliché'd destination) :up:

Can confirm, Valencia is a rather nice city.

The park is amazing: http://valencia.for91days.com/the-turia-riverbed-park/

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-22-2017 12:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ian Anderson was brilliant, so happy I got to see him live. Now just 6 more weeks until Roger Waters :D

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 10:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last night we booked our October flight to Greece for 3 weeks! Flying into Athens, plan is to visit as many towns as possible, then fly to Thessaloniki for 13 days and stay at my sister-in-law's family farm.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 11:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sounds awesome. :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 01:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gonna ride a motorbike tour on Oct 1st, organized by a friend of mine to raise money for KWF, a Dutch organization that supports and finances research and education on cancer. The counter is at almost €1500 so far. Last year he raised nearly €3000 with the first edition of the tour.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just came back from Croatia and it's a pimp little chunk of the mediterranean. Nice water, geographically picturesque, lots of castles and tourists... I hear over 80% of entire country's economy is now based on tourism.

Most food was meh, simply because I was expecting better. Granted we were mostly in the touristy spots so not too surprising.

Don't have a place to put up img's so you don't get any

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 04:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Croatia is on my list :up:

A little bummed to here how touristy it is (I realize I'd be a tourist myself). I wasn't aware it was such a hot spot. I try to avoid tourist spots, but sometimes it can't be helped...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 05:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Last night we booked our October flight to Greece for 3 weeks! Flying into Athens, plan is to visit as many towns as possible, then fly to Thessaloniki for 13 days and stay at my sister-in-law's family farm.

I knew Mazda was a terrorist... Cops called...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 05:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Croatia is on my list :up:

A little bummed to here how touristy it is (I realize I'd be a tourist myself). I wasn't aware it was such a hot spot. I try to avoid tourist spots, but sometimes it can't be helped...

Especially the Krka waterfalls were packed with tourists, it felt like a line into a disney world attraction...that was the worst of it. The popular towns like Dubrovnik, Split, Korcula, and Hvar are busy but not unbearable. Still worth the visit IMO.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-25-2017 12:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was in Croatia in 2005 or 2006 or so. It's a beautiful country. I was near Pula, which has an impressive amphitheater.
We didn't go to Krka but to the Plitvice national park, which is quite beautiful and wasn't too touristy at the time. We went in with a guide in a small group. Didn't see a lot of other people. What's special about Croatia (at least, it was 10 years ago) was that the west coast areas were pretty touristy and prosperous, but with only an hour or 2 or 3 driving, you'd end up in towns that were still scarred to the bone by the war that raged there in the 90's.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-27-2017 06:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Best man duties performed yesterday. Didn't drop the rings in front of everyone in the Church. Success :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-27-2017 06:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How was the speech?

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-27-2017 08:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't have to do it, spent days on it too! His wife wasn't very well during the dinner so went for a quick sleep and we decided to hold them off until later then everyone got too drunk.

He's not getting out of the embarrassment though, I'm sending copies to him, his wife, his Mum, and his sister tomorrow :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-27-2017 01:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Send it to his mistress as well

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He met his wife whilst with a previous partner, so, in some ways she kind of is :p
(they didn't get together until after they split)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 03:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Someone wrote about 'rooting' a phone recently... Me, well I was having Bluetooth connection problems and wrote to the phone manufacturer for support. I am in the process of changing the OS from Android 5.1 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, but backing contents up first..
Looks like I better read up on this Marshmallow OS :rolleyes:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

About to walk in bank to get a cashier's check for 63k... Closing on new house at 4pm... Jellus?...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 12:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
About to walk in bank to get a cashier's check for 63k... Closing on new house at 4pm... Jellus?...

Nope. Done similar over the years.

Funny story to add. Years ago, there was an advertisement on the television, a Customer walks into their bank to pay out their mortgage, then a brass band appears from seemingly nowhere and a party kicks off. Copious amounts of champagne, streamers and balloons; you can imagine.

So every time I paid off my mortgage, once by a credit card for like $90, I asked where was the band? Tellers never saw the funny side :rolleyes: :smirk: Guess they never saw the ad.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That must be one of those location joke. :rolleyes:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I suppose so.

Hey another one I must tell. Yesterday at the movies, I ate in the shopping centre food court. Armed with a couple of Sushi rolls I approached an empty table. Empty but the were some remnants of the previous partakers, half a carton of chips (fries) and a bit of cheesecake looking untouched. No, I didn't think at all "I'll have that."

As I approached and while eyeing over the table/chairs, a lady on a nearby table said "There's someone sitting there!"

I took a back step and purposefully threw on a puzzled look and said "I can't see anyone there, can you?"

Not impressed. She just didn't get the funny side of this so I moved on but as I passed I uttered "Cheer up love."

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.