Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-29-2019 03:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Enjoy buddy

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2019 05:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I leave the 4th of July and come back the 9th for a 2,500+ mile round trip ride from Florida to New York. Then on the 10th the wife and I fly out to Vegas to celebrate our 20th anniversary.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-29-2019 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Congrats on serving 20 years :)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-29-2019 11:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I leave the 4th of July and come back the 9th for a 2,500+ mile round trip ride from Florida to New York. Then on the 10th the wife and I fly out to Vegas to celebrate our 20th anniversary.

That sounds pretty good - congrats

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 06-30-2019 03:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Happy Anniversary :)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 03:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

Show me what you got:
May 28th = 101kg (222lbs)
June 11th = 99.3kg (219lbs)
June 25th = 95.7kg (211lbs)

I don't expect the weight to keep coming off this quickly, but I do expect to make it below 90kg in another 4 weeks. After that, it'll be tougher.

May 28th = 215lbs
June 11th = 210lbs
June 25th = 210lbs

I'm not doing well lol but I was psyching myself up to get more aggressive with the weight loss this morning. I'll see if it pans out. On the plus side I have quit drinking energy drinks now for 3 weeks straight. Impressive for me since I've had at least one every day for the last 10 years.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bike's coming along. Wrapped it myself, installed a new battery and RAM phone mount, then got rid of the stock red rim tape and replaced it with a reflective blue strip.

Need to find the time to install the new rearsets and I've got an iridium windscreen, silver levers, and rear turn signals coming in.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 06:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That looks great. Not a fan of the red levers and rearset though, but those will be replaced?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 07:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep, I got blue shorties but wasn't a fan of the colour or the feel, so now I'm waiting for light silver levers to arrive and I'll sell the red Pazzos. The rearset will be a pain to install so I need to set aside time to do it.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 09:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Halfway to a Yamaha dude! J/k it looks miles better than before. I'd recommend a rear fender eliminator to help the overall looks. I've always hated those long fenders, vagabond makes good ones if they have them for your model bike. It's so clean on mine it looks stock. And yeah, that red has got to go. Pro tip, if you swap the chain out yourself attach the new chain to the old one before you remove it so you can pull the new chain through the engine area without dismantling the fairings. A chain breaker cost me 15$ and it's easy to do.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 09:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, but the current chain is quite good and the red is subtle enough that it doesn't bother me. I'll think about a fender eliminator down the line once I do everything else, it doesn't bother me much :)

What are you riding now?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 10:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vs

Not the greatest picture but it gives you an idea of how a fender eliminator will look. It's a Kawasaki Z900.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 12:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure how it's on your bikes, but on mine people with fender eliminators (R&G tail tidy is a popular option) do complain about mud being slung up on wet road conditions dirtying up your back.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 12:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I think that's the main drawback. I like riding in the rain so it might be better to leave it as is.

Also nice bike Kracus. My Ninja 400 buddy just got a YZR600R but I find it just looks a bit too bulky for my taste. Always preferred the styling on Kawasakis and Suzukis.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 01:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you look at Suzuki's or Kawasaki's of that era (2000 - 2005 or so) you'll find they're just as bulky. Especially the Suzuki's. Those Gixxer 1000's used to have thicc asses.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 01:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can confirm on the spray thing. Small price to pay to get rid of that ugly thing tho. Not that I ride in the rain very often, I'll take a rip in STI instead.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 01:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Yeah I think that's the main drawback. I like riding in the rain so it might be better to leave it as is.

Also nice bike Kracus. My Ninja 400 buddy just got a YZR600R but I find it just looks a bit too bulky for my taste. Always preferred the styling on Kawasakis and Suzukis.

The Z is surprisingly nimble. I went from a CBR500R to the Z900 and I think the weight difference might be around 50lbs. I ride with guys who have 650/750 bikes and if I feel like losing them in twisties it's not very hard. I think what matters more is the sitting position on the bike and how comfortable you feel in it. Unlike the 500 I feel like there's more for me to conquer with this one though even though I've put 17k on it.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-09-2019 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn it Kracus, this is all your fault. I ended up ordering a fender eliminator kit and a custom tail light assembly to go with it.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-09-2019 12:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, resisting the modding urge has proven futile every single time

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-09-2019 12:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My most recent purchase was a Cardo Packtalk Bold, which is a Bluetooth unit that can be mounted to your helmet and has a mic and headphone speakers that are installed into your helmet.

It allows me to (voice) communicate with other riders who are in the same Packtalk network (so far that's just been my brother). It can be controlled using voice commands. It also connects to your phone and can relay Siri/Google Assistant commands, giving you full voice command access to your phone. It's quite a nifty device.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-09-2019 01:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Κracus wrote:
Sounds good bro. :) I'm starting at 215lbs, I was 220 in January and dropped to 210 but I gained 5lbs since then it seems. Time to get back to the grind.

Show me what you got:
May 28th = 101kg (222lbs)
June 11th = 99.3kg (219lbs)
June 25th = 95.7kg (211lbs)

I don't expect the weight to keep coming off this quickly, but I do expect to make it below 90kg in another 4 weeks. After that, it'll be tougher.

July 9th = 93.7kg (206.5lbs)

I know this was a reading based on me being on holiday, so I fully expect this to go up next time I check in, but I am please to get under 15 stone in 6 weeks...gives me hope that 14 stone is achievable in the remaining time. The end of this week will be exercise heavy, so I am hoping this will offset the week of drink and unhealthly food stuffs :paranoid:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-09-2019 02:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'm eating a sausage roll while reading this post

i feel so dirty :paranoid:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-10-2019 05:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
My most recent purchase was a Cardo Packtalk Bold, which is a Bluetooth unit that can be mounted to your helmet and has a mic and headphone speakers that are installed into your helmet.

It allows me to (voice) communicate with other riders who are in the same Packtalk network (so far that's just been my brother). It can be controlled using voice commands. It also connects to your phone and can relay Siri/Google Assistant commands, giving you full voice command access to your phone. It's quite a nifty device.

I have this: https://www.amazon.ca/LEXIN-Interphone- ... B07B5YC57G

Has all the functions of a $400 Sena and pairs with any device for intercom mode. Solid mic and decent audio quality for streaming music too.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-10-2019 12:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

can't wait for LL footage :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-10-2019 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Of your parole hearing?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-10-2019 11:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: What is new in your little world?

Me, fighting the local council we pay rates to and in effort for them to prevent storm water entering our property during thunderstorms causing damage :(

They say 'not their problem' adding we can defend our property but and that's a big but, we need their approval to do this :mad: We pay thousands of dollars to fix what anyone would reasonably see id their responsibility to maintain :!:

Point: Our building manager had a vacuum excavator on the footpath this morning without approval or council permit to work. Scary in my mind... Liability for one !!!

Land owners should not have to fix drainage problems or lack of suitable infrastructure on the roadway between property boundaries. For goodness sake here!

/rant off

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-11-2019 08:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i thought australia was a paradise

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-11-2019 09:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey is constantly fighting with a customer service. He’s that crotchety old man. He’s that guy...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-11-2019 01:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know about you guys or where you live but I have to ask, haven't you noticed a decline in Customer Service?
It hasn't happened overnight but I do believe I have seen the service I once enjoyed slowly disappear.

Examples

• Please and thank you, how many people still use these words? Asking for a coffee, do you just say white and two/soy latte when asked by the barista who barks at you, what are you having?

• On making phone calls to a business then spending much too long in their phone queue system and after being answered by a recorded voice.

• Then when dealing with a representative they talk over you as you try and explain the problem.

• People not being where they are supposed to be at an appointed time and then laughing their tardiness.

Then maybe you haven't noticed.... Discuss :D

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-11-2019 02:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

elderly ancient greeks probably complained about declining customer service and how statuary wasn't as good as it used to be

you're just getting old, that's all

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-11-2019 09:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah, Whiskey is right. Customer service ain't what it used to be, unless you go to a small, family run shop.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-11-2019 10:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Nah, Whiskey is right. Customer service ain't what it used to be, unless you go to a small, family run shop.

It pays to be heard I recon. Story for you... Some 12 to 18 months ago we ordered large pizzas for a little gathering we had and when they turned up we we a little upset on the size of the offering. I checked with the delivery driver and he confirmed they were large pizzas and what we ordered.

Not at all pleased I saved a pizza box and the next day dropped into the shop to speak to the manager to voice my displeasure. Seems they only had/have the one size and asking for large or small makes no difference. Go figure that one. The Manger offered a free pizza next we visit. It has been months......

Anyway, today I wondered, do I still have that free pizza so I called the same shop to find I do so it is pizza tonight :D

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-12-2019 04:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Damn it Kracus, this is all your fault. I ended up ordering a fender eliminator kit and a custom tail light assembly to go with it.

Good man, my next mod is going to be something to help the blinkers look a bit more flush. Maybe mirrors after. Mine was easy to do but I payed a fair bit for what amounts to a piece of metal with some washers. Hopefully you got something with a bit of quality. If not, just make sure you take the time to properly fit it, the tail shakes a lot, metal on metal will be something you want to avoid.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-12-2019 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I got the TST Industries elite fender eliminator kit and their extra accessories including the programmable tail light with built-in directional signals and strobe brake light. Can't wait to put it all together.

Also installed the shifter side rearset yesterday but I don't like how far back it puts my feet. Ordered a set of adjustable foot pegs that should make it better.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-12-2019 11:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

midget alert!...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.