Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-06-2016 04:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
194 db.
That is some volume on your Marshall-amp ;). Used to work in that field, thus my interest. Too stressfull, so I switched to something else.
I like the way he writes. I don't like every article but most of the older ones are a pretty good read.

Is Montreal actively thinking about tearing the stadium down? It sounds as if it would make sense.

fuck off 194dB :olo: That would make your ears bleed instantly. That's approaching the volume of a fucking volcano exploding or something. I remember measuring my 120W Mesa with a sound meter once, I think it was around 120dB. It was loud enough that stuff on my desk about 20 feet away was dancing and falling off. 194dB is unfathomable.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-06-2016 08:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Krakatoa was 180db if you were less than 40 miles away :)

The sound wave circled the earth 4 times lasting 5 days.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 08:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
Is Montreal actively thinking about tearing the stadium down? It sounds as if it would make sense.

I don't think so, I think it's just a massive money sink. Things don't make sense in Montreal.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stumbled across this earlier

http://imgur.com/gallery/Mk1hI

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and not a single picture from Montreal 1976 :olo:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 01:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
Ferrao10 wrote:
194 db.
That is some volume on your Marshall-amp ;). Used to work in that field, thus my interest. Too stressfull, so I switched to something else.
I like the way he writes. I don't like every article but most of the older ones are a pretty good read.

fuck off 194dB :olo: That would make your ears bleed instantly. That's approaching the volume of a fucking volcano exploding or something. I remember measuring my 120W Mesa with a sound meter once, I think it was around 120dB. It was loud enough that stuff on my desk about 20 feet away was dancing and falling off. 194dB is unfathomable.

194db is the absolute highest volume our atmosphere can handle and transduce. Beyond that it's "just" a shockwave of accelereted air crushing everything to the ground. 194db wouldn't just make your ears bleed, it would rip all your blood vessels apart. 120db causes permanent damage to your ears if penetrated by longer than some X hours. I'm not a doctor but I'd say around 2hs-5hs, as a guess. Every +10db equals double the volume, thus something at 194db is about 200 times as loud and powerful as something at 120db.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-10-2016 04:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:

194db is the absolute highest volume our atmosphere can handle and transduce. Beyond that it's "just" a shockwave of accelereted air crushing everything to the ground. 194db wouldn't just make your ears bleed, it would rip all your blood vessels apart. 120db causes permanent damage to your ears if penetrated by longer than some X hours. I'm not a doctor but I'd say around 2hs-5hs, as a guess. Every +10db equals double the volume, thus something at 194db is about 200 times as loud and powerful as something at 120db.

I wasn't sure on the maths applied here :confused:
This page is an interesting read and confirms "Every +10db equals double the volume, thus something at 194db is about 200 times as loud and powerful as something at 120db."

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-levelchange.htm

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-11-2016 11:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: What is new in your little world?

Me, well I was so lucky today. I got out of a $37 parking fine :up:

I usually buy my Lotto entry (got to be in it to win it) on a Saturday.

Today I parked outside the usual news agency and went inside to buy my Lotto. There was a little old lady there gas-bagging to the store owner. I just winked at him to say, it's OK to continue to chat to her and patiently waited.

On driving up to the news agency I noticed our local council parking control officer taking photos of cars outstaying their welcome and copping a fine just up the street. 'Nice' I thought. Fine the buggers who don't pay the fee on the parking meters.

I knew I was safe at the news agency as I have never paid. Like I said, I usually but my Lotto entry (got to be in it to win it) on a Saturday afternnon and the signs say metered to noon on Saturday :!:

The little old lady finally left and I was chatting to the store owner and commented that the council officer was outside and looking at my car. He said, "Did you feed the meter?". I said I didn't have to and then it dawned on me, today is Friday.

I went out side and said "I am confused. This is free parking at this time isn't it?" and she too replied, "It is Friday!!"

Lucky, lucky me. She said "Since you have returned to the car I will waive the fine and issue you a caution."

My lucky day :eek:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-12-2016 09:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I wasn't sure on the maths applied here :confused:

It's the log-part, logarythmic. It's a sucker to bend your mind around.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 08-12-2016 10:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

met this guy last night

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-13-2016 06:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that guy on the right though

PostPosted: 08-13-2016 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
that guy on the right though

dude is a badass. combat medic, 2 tours in iraq. fought heroin addiction and PTSD. he's seem some shit.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-13-2016 07:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

being a heroin addict is badass?

by which I mean, if he hadn't recovered from the addiction because he never had one, would that make him less of a badass?
:philosoraptor:

PostPosted: 08-13-2016 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Being able to kick heroin makes you a badass

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-13-2016 08:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So that's a yes then.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-13-2016 08:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Same logic as driving a school bus full of kids into a lake and then saving all of them.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-13-2016 08:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't fuck with junkies and don't fuck with robots

badass multiplier x2

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-13-2016 08:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trump prefers soldiers who don't get PTSD.

PostPosted: 08-13-2016 09:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try being an 18 year-old combat medic then

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-13-2016 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

posting in a geoff thread is kind of similar

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-13-2016 10:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and TIL

:ducky:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-13-2016 01:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is that Captain Reynolds???

"Take my love, take my land..."

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-13-2016 07:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
try being an 18 year-old combat medic then

tell that to Trump

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-13-2016 07:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Is that Captain Reynolds???

"Take my love, take my land..."

Lol yea, Mal himself. He's the guy they find thinking it's Matt Damon, tell him his bros dead, then like "sorry dude it was a mistake".

Jayne was in Full Metal Jacket n all.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-15-2016 06:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:( trying to update my 3D Blu-Ray player firmware... Seems I can't do it via USB and have to burn a CD!

EDIT: It has been so long since I burnt a CD/DVD but the machine was updated :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-17-2016 11:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trips!

September - Benidorm & Dublin
October - Amsterdam
November - Berlin (Late November for Christmas Market goodness)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-17-2016 11:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hell ya, Donny. :up: Business or pleasure?

I'm heading to a couple national parks in a few weeks. Carlsbad Caverns and Guadalupe Mountains. It's the 100 year anniversary of the creation of the U.S. National Parks. Hopefully be able to hit at least one more before the year ends. My wife and I made a challenge a couple years ago to try and see all 59 parks...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-17-2016 11:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We might be going to London and possibly Amsterdam for a week right after our Cuba trip, for any of you dutch0s interested in meeting a real man.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-17-2016 12:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Hell ya, Donny. :up: Business or pleasure?

I'm heading to a couple national parks in a few weeks. Carlsbad Caverns and Guadalupe Mountains. It's the 100 year anniversary of the creation of the U.S. National Parks. Hopefully be able to hit at least one more before the year ends. My wife and I made a challenge a couple years ago to try and see all 59 parks...

All pleasure my friend
Getting my trips in before my new house is ready and I'm poor forever.

Nice trips to the parks sir :)

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-18-2016 11:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

'Killing for world peace is like fucking for your virginity'

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 08-22-2016 12:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Installed my latest mod this weekend Shaker intake and new hood. Finished a few hours before the show and took home a win a mopar nationals at E-town yesterday.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-22-2016 12:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thats a beauty

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-22-2016 12:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lovely car.

in other news im buying a BMW 3 M Sport Business Edition.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-22-2016 12:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What extras does the business edition have ?, Times subscription ?

Nice car GH, tis a beast

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-22-2016 12:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mega lulz! i wasnt ready for that!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.