Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Would you let you <4 yr old boy play next to a busy road ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Would you let you <4 yr old boy play next to a busy road ?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-31-2014 06:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He could'nt of been much older than 3 but I saw one get hit by a car and I became the target of a group of bellends for calling the mother a stupid cunt. She just watched him run 10 yards straight into the road.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-31-2014 08:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you present this to her as proof of the Theory of Evolution?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-31-2014 08:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It kinda goes against that theory, the way society is I'm surprised it got out the sea.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-31-2014 08:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, so the kid's still alive? Shame.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-31-2014 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

idk how, the car was going a fair speed and he run out from behind a kiosk. I seen what was coming a good few seconds before impact so turned around, heard a 'thud' and waited for screaming. To be fair I think the kid jus had a few bruises with some blood, I was expecting him to be under the wheel.

'It could've happened to anyone' was a common phrase being tossed about, even the copper and ambulance team that turned up shortly afterwards which is when I flipped my shit.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-31-2014 08:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In answer to your question, "would you let you <4 yr old boy play next to a busy road" ?

No, but I figure I am responsible.

Take heart losCHUNK. I would have done the same as you in putting/describing the Mother as you did to get berated ;)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-31-2014 11:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck that woman. And that's all I have to say about that.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-31-2014 11:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Too little information to make a judgement myself, but I can understand people getting angry if you call this woman a cunt right after her child got hit by a car, no matter if she actually was.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 04:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I recently fired my babysitter for this. We agreed with her that our kids could go play outside in her yard and one day when I showed up to pick them up my 4 year was playing in the road. When I asked her why she let him play on the road her response was "I told him 4 times not to do that."

My response was it should have been once and she should have been watching him to prevent that from happening. She rolled her eyes at me and that was the end of it. She apparently called my wife afterwards asking if the kids were coming back the next day, still in disbelief.

So are you over-reacting? No, I really don't think so. My kids have never played on the road on my watch, I would expect the same of other parents and sitters.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 05:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Too little information to make a judgement myself, but I can understand people getting angry if you call this woman a cunt right after her child got hit by a car, no matter if she actually was.

I get that which is why I was biting my tounge for a while, if the kid bolted from her side straight into the road without warning I might've had some sympathy but this kid started walking then picking up speed over 10 yards into the road, it was obvious where he was going and her only reaction was 'stop, come back' right up until the point his feet were in the road which is when she started shouting. She was too busy talking to someone else, leaving him run around. She made no attempt to chase after him, the driver looked to be having a panic attack and people were treating it like it was an act of God.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 05:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Depends on the age of the kid. Younger than 4? Of course they shouldn't be playing in the street.

It also depends on the street. A major traffic area should be avoided, but quiet neighborhood streets should be a place where older kids can ride bikes, play stick ball, etc. It's the responsibility of the drivers to be on high alert in these area and for the parents to teach their children about neighborhood and street safety.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 06:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Depends on the age of the kid. Younger than 4?

Quote:

xer0s wrote:
It also depends on the street. .

Quote:

i swear to god, this guy.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 06:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And? I was speaking to street/kid safety in general...

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 06:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But this thread is not general, xer0s.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 07:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no this thread is major

though not private :paranoid:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 07:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This thread is ONE FROM MANY MAJOR. And yes, it is pulic ;)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 08:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pubic?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 08:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*public :olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 08:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Most of the useless cunts in Newport are like that, mate. I gave up with them a long time ago. Glad the lad was alright though and you didn't get too much abuse

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 08:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

RE: Topic

No.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 03:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
So are you over-reacting? No, I really don't think so. My kids have never played on the road on my watch, I would expect the same of other parents and sitters.

Maybe they thought since their dad takes the bus, so does everyone else.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 08-02-2014 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well, in the new America you're a criminal and need to be locked up for letting your kids play at the park. So I guess it's ok as long as you're there when they get hit by a car?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.