Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Rocket explodes, guy cries

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Rocket explodes, guy cries

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 02:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what great entertainment :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy mackerel :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was really a bad day for them.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 03:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

guy forgot his inhaler

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Obviously we never went to the moon...

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 06:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was trippy

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 09:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the saddest thing of all, was that the asteroid mining company had an important payload on there...pretty devastating loss for them

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 10:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah?

Quote:
While we are saddened about the unfortunate consequences of this launch failure, our own development schedule, budget and plan are practically unaffected. In fact, we are already hard at work developing our next test vehicle, the Arkyd 6, which is planned for launch in Q3 2015.

http://www.planetaryresources.com/2014/ ... other-day/

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 10:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
the saddest thing of all, was that the asteroid mining company had an important payload on there...pretty devastating loss for them

Wasn't that the brainchild of a group of gazillionaires? Fuck em, good for the economy.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 10-31-2014 03:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

IT'S GONNA BE LOUD :ducky: :ducky: :ducky: :ducky:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-31-2014 03:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol but 45 years ago we went to the moon and back again with computers as powerful as the ones in birthday cards... Lol riiiiiiiight!....

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-31-2014 04:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol yeah 45 years ago they faked the moon landings with high speed video cameras that didn't exist 45 years ago

SPOOOOOOOKY SCIENCE

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 10-31-2014 04:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The guy crying was probably the one in charge of ensuring it didn't blow up.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-31-2014 04:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-31-2014 07:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a conspiracy.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-31-2014 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's been a shifty week for space

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-01-2014 04:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But supposedly we went to the moon AND back 45 years ago... Lol at the world of gullable morons...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-01-2014 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
i think we went to the moon...but i'm not 100% on that until i see some recent evidence of it...like new photos of the lunar sites...

'I think we went to the moon'... indicates a probality in favour of landing on the moon, lol @ the moron.

btw - we're sending rovers that can last a decade up to the size of a car, landing them with rocket cradles and intercepting astroids shooting through our solar system.

These private firms can't even reach the space station.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 05:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

What the fuck you talking about? SpaceX has been supplying ISS for some time now and has snapped up a NASA contract to do manned flights to the ISS, which they'll start doing next year.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 05:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
But supposedly we went to the moon AND back 45 years ago... Lol at the world of gullable morons...

There are independent pictures of the lander still sitting there on the surface of the moon. How can you still deny we landed on the moon?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 06:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U mean those blurry pictures that require labels explaining what you are looking at... Grow up gullible...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 08:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

What the fuck you talking about? SpaceX has been supplying ISS for some time now and has snapped up a NASA contract to do manned flights to the ISS, which they'll start doing next year.

I meant to say reliably. Out of the 4 ? missions that's been to the ISS only one has happened without any issues (the test flight). Which is probaly why they pushed back the date for manned flight to 2016 with testing to begin next year. I'll eat my arse with a spoon if they hit the 2016 deadline n all, with the teething problems they've had already (including a failed launch a few weeks back) they got a long way to go before they start putting human life at risk. These guys do have a good approach but they're still on the learning curve.

edit: Orbital, the guys who did the rocket in OPs post are a bunch of arseholess. They got awarded funding to use engines that were kept in storage since the 60s and self destructed when they realised it was never gonna make it into orbit.

It's retarded someome thought this would be a sustainable business model (using scrap yard parts) and a good use for public sector funding. With this, the ESA rocket failure, Virgin and Space X setback in the last few months it hasn't been the best year for cheap space travel. I think Boeing managed to make it though :up:

Last edited by losCHUNK on 11-02-2014 08:51 AM, edited 3 times in total.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
U mean those blurry pictures that require labels explaining what you are looking at... Grow up gullible...

It's a good job you're pretty sure we went to the moon then

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
scared? wrote:

There are independent pictures of the lander still sitting there on the surface of the moon. How can you still deny we landed on the moon?

surely you know better than to take geoff's obvious bait by now

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 10:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's right... I'm pretty sure we went to the moon... But until I see undeniable proof, I will still be skeptical... Something like close up rover pictures of Apollo sites... Or uh...u know...derp...going back again...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 10:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

Blurry old man AIDS eyes is having trouble seeing again. :olo:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
That's right... I'm pretty sure we went to the moon... But until I see undeniable proof, I will still be skeptical... Something like close up rover pictures of Apollo sites... Or uh...u know...derp...going back again...

Do you think the pyramids exist ?, the Great Wall ?, Hubble ?, the curiosity rover on mars ? Seeing as the most that you have prolly seen of most of them is pictures

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BTW... I bet NASA is getting scared... :olo: ...

http://www.rockcitytimes.com/chinese-lu ... nded-moon/

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 10:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Question is... If China goes to moon and find out we never went and proves it, will red font guy believe it?... :olo: ...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 11:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I meant to say reliably. Out of the 4 ? missions that's been to the ISS only one has happened without any issues (the test flight). Which is probaly why they pushed back the date for manned flight to 2016 with testing to begin next year. I'll eat my arse with a spoon if they hit the 2016 deadline n all, with the teething problems they've had already (including a failed launch a few weeks back) they got a long way to go before they start putting human life at risk. These guys do have a good approach but they're still on the learning curve.

I don't know what you're talking about. The SpaceX launches have been a resounding success. Sure, there have been some anomalies or technical issues, but nothing on a scale that endangered the missions at any point. All 5 ISS supply missions so far have been a success without serious incidents.

Additionally, the grasshopper system that SpaceX are working on is hugely impressive and could be a massive leap in keeping both costs and preparation time down for launching rockets.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-03-2014 04:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Question is... If China goes to moon and find out we never went and proves it, will red font guy believe it?... :olo: ...

if china goes to the moon and finds the lander etc exactly where it should be, will you?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-03-2014 05:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
BTW... I bet NASA is getting scared... :olo: ...

http://www.rockcitytimes.com/chinese-lu ... nded-moon/

rockcitytimes is a satire website similar to The Onion. So, yeah.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-03-2014 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow ur smart... U figured that out all by urself?... :olo: ...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-03-2014 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about. The SpaceX launches have been a resounding success. Sure, there have been some anomalies or technical issues, but nothing on a scale that endangered the missions at any point. All 5 ISS supply missions so far have been a success without serious incidents.

Additionally, the grasshopper system that SpaceX are working on is hugely impressive and could be a massive leap in keeping both costs and preparation time down for launching rockets.

Well the 1st commercial flight nearly never made it into orbit losing one of its 2 cargos, the 2nd nearly got stuck in orbit and the 3rd one ( last one ) was postponed cos it had the potential to blow up before take off

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 11-03-2014 12:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
if china goes to the moon and finds the lander etc exactly where it should be, will you?

Geoff is too scared to answer this question.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.