Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Algebra... What's the story?...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Algebra... What's the story?...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-24-2015 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So that anatomy and physiology was easy. Aced the class. All the morons in that class said it was the hardest thing ever but I didn't agree... They also thought math was easy compared to A&P...I disagree...
So now I'm taking this thing called algebra and I mean... Wtf fagots?!?!...I gotta take this pretest thing on the first day of class that looks like some foreign language looking shit no idea. How is this easy compared A&P?...I might get kicked out of class the first day... Any suggestions?...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-24-2015 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

have you tried learning algebra?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-24-2015 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That just might work.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-24-2015 04:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's seems like a pyramid scheme... I call bullshit...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-24-2015 06:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

:olo:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-24-2015 07:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Any suggestions?...

Don't be a moron.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-24-2015 11:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why do yanks seemingly have trouble with algebra?
I'm not talking about a generalisation, what I mean is that the default school subject to complain about (in shows and movies n such) is algebra.
Nationwide moron alert?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-24-2015 11:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

according to Wikipedia, algebra is a kind of turrurism...

Quote:
The word algebra comes from the Arabic language (الجبر al-jabr "restoration") from the title of the book Ilm al-jabr wa'l-muḳābala by al-Khwarizmi.

more proof 9/11 was an outside job

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-25-2015 05:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
I'm not talking about a generalisation, what I mean is that the default school subject to complain about (in shows and movies n such) is algebra.
Nationwide moron alert?

Possibly because they teach it the wrong way.

A Mathematician's Lament

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-25-2015 06:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is that a book now? I read that quite a few years ago when it was simply published on the guy's website.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-25-2015 07:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
have you tried learning algebra?

:up:

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-25-2015 10:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Is that a book now? I read that quite a few years ago when it was simply published on the guy's website.

Yea I only knew about the essay. Found the wikipedia article right now.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 08-25-2015 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

Pretty sure it came from the terrorists, so I think literally, yes, it is.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 09-05-2015 06:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Nationwide moron alert?

dont blame all americans for goof's inability to do math that the rest of us learned before high school.

they complain on tv and movies because it's a class everyone takes, so everyone can relate. if you complain about topography no one will connect.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-05-2015 07:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually I'm so old that when I was in school algebra was not required...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 09-05-2015 07:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
I'm so old...

Lol old ppl...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-05-2015 11:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

menkent wrote:
MKJ wrote:
Nationwide moron alert?

dont blame all americans for goof's inability to do math that the rest of us learned before high school.

they complain on tv and movies because it's a class everyone takes, so everyone can relate. if you complain about topography no one will connect.

makes sense :up:

[edit] wait what, topography isn't mandatory?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-06-2015 05:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what's topography?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 09-06-2015 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Actually I'm so old that when I was in school algebra was not required...

Bullshit. Well, maybe at the retarded school you went to. We had to take it and I had no problem with it. You're just a moron.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-07-2015 12:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the story is that most people did it when they were just into their teens, and then subsequently got on with their lives and completely forgot about it. Your issue is that having never made a success of yourself, or gained a qualification in anything, you're having to start from scratch.

Probably best off asking a twelve or thirteen year old, they'll be able to explain it better.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-07-2015 06:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually dipshit I took college algebra in 1989 but I only got a C. I completely forgot I took the class until I received my transcripts a few weeks ago... Unfortunately I need to get a B for this prerequisite so I gotta take it over. I wasn't feeling it in this class so I dropped it and now I'm taking a statistics class instead... Meh whatever...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-07-2015 07:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tl;dr

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-07-2015 08:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, Geoff is a drop out...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-07-2015 08:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol I'll drop u like a bad habit...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-07-2015 10:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Says the stoner

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-07-2015 10:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haven't smoked weed since October 25th... Grow up chump...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-07-2015 11:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Actually dipshit I took college algebra in 1989 but I only got a C. I completely forgot I took the class until I received my transcripts a few weeks ago... Unfortunately I need to get a B for this prerequisite so I gotta take it over. I wasn't feeling it in this class so I dropped it and now I'm taking a statistics class instead... Meh whatever...

Oh, so you quit once it became difficult. You're such a fucking loser :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-07-2015 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When the time I finished it? Grow up little guy...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 09-07-2015 10:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Obviously dropped out of English too.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-07-2015 11:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-08-2015 12:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is there anything Geoff hasn't quit at?

This silly cunt is always posting about something he's just starting, and I've yet to see him post anything he's actually followed through.

Just one of life's quitters. Like he quit on his retarded first born and went and started a new family.

Filth.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-08-2015 12:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

Well, he hasn't quit posting his nonsensical bullshit at this forum.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-08-2015 05:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

This silly cunt is always posting about something he's just starting, and I've yet to see him post anything he's actually followed through.

Just one of life's quitters. Like he quit on his retarded first born and went and started a new family.

Filth.

Monumental moron right there ^^^... I have multiple documented projects I have completed in front of ur eyes on this msgboard... And my oldest son was not my first kid... Grow up u ignorant slut...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-08-2015 05:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh wait...u were probably in prison for many of those project so u missed out.... Ooops... :olo: ...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 09-08-2015 06:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
And my oldest son was not my first kid... Grow up u ignorant slut...

How does that work? You cheated on your wife after the first?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.