Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-13-2021 03:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Κracus wrote:
You want free speech, create your own platform and host it yourself and then watch it crash and burn when everyone who was cancelled off twitbook uses it and you suddenly can't find a payment processor or host who'll work with you.

fixed that for you, Mr I've-Literally-Given-This-Five-Seconds-Thought

Are you fucking kidding me? Pretty sure Russia will host that shit for free. Also, I said host it yourself, don't need to pay anyone then.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-13-2021 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"host it yourself" :olo:

sure, just build a server farm in the spare bedroom. i mean, how hard can it be?

and yes, Russia probably would host it. in fact i'm kinda surprised that Russian hosts aren't doing that now

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-13-2021 06:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

God damnit Kracus, it’s not like hosting a Quake 3 game...:olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-13-2021 06:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The ridiculousness of hosting something yourself is actually my point. People often cry about free speech online regarding social media and in cases like Parler the actual host itself but neglect to consider the fact that if you have the money, you can do it yourself. Is it expensive? Yes, very. However are you blocked from doing it? No you're not.

You could argue that money = free speech and then you'd actually be discussing the real problem. This isn't about how social media platforms behave it's about some groups having more access to free speech than others because of their net worth and that's a real problem.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-13-2021 10:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

everyone just banned the president of the united states from their platforms

even though the guy is a cockmongling shitgibbon, the fact that you can be deprived of your ability to reach people even if you're the POTUS should be a concern

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-13-2021 10:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh so you're ok with rules for the rich and powerful and a different set of rules for peasants. Gotcha.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-13-2021 10:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He can call a press conference any time he wants.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-13-2021 10:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And the media can decide whether or not to air the press conference, depending on which way the wind blows...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-13-2021 10:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You think the media will unilaterally decide to just stop airing Drumpf's press conferences?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-13-2021 11:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

even though the guy is a cockmongling shitgibbon, the fact that you can be deprived of your ability to reach people even if you're the POTUS should be a concern

You're wide off the mark here. As said before, the POTUS has official channels of communication besides Twitter. In fact, Trump didn't even use the official @POTUS Twitter account like Obama did, he used his own personal account and was Tweeting under his own personal name.

Also, people who are saying "slippery slope" and everything are arguing about the wrong thing. Trump has used his social media channels to incite unrest and violence. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. The chances of this, or worse, happening again are significant.
Twitter isn't operating in some kind of moral gray area here. They're not policing what is decent and what is not. They're certainly not infringing on free speech. They're simply taking measures to act against something that is not only illegal, but also something which has the potential to have huge (and excuse the choice of words on a gaming forum) unforeseen consequences, including people dying.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-13-2021 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

Snowflake fagot...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-13-2021 02:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-14-2021 01:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

Nice symbolism, but I don't think it'll make it past the senate anyway.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-14-2021 01:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone still wondering if Apple and Amazon acting against Parler is an infringement of free speech or nonsense like that, read this article:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2 ... ree-speech

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-14-2021 04:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he definitely did not write this speech :dts:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-14-2021 06:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you're smart enough with deepfake, he didn't even have to say it!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-14-2021 06:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds like he got a pretty scary intelligence report. Probably told him there was going to be massive casualties and they needed him to calm things down.

And yeah, he didn’t write that. He actually sounded halfway presidential...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-14-2021 06:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, I thought they banned him from Twitter? So he can just jump on one of dozens of federal accounts out there?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-14-2021 08:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The plandemic deepstate frog people told him to accept Bill Gates' mind-control chip or he wouldn't be let into billionaire heaven.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-14-2021 08:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-15-2021 01:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
And yeah, he didn’t write that. He actually sounded halfway presidential...

I thought that

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-15-2021 05:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:

This is so weird to me... They're basically worshipping Trump at this point. I've always felt most people, deep down, know what's right and wrong and no matter how evil they are, they know what they're doing is wrong on some level. These people though, I don't think they actually realize how wrong they are. I think they truly believe these absolutely insane extremist right wing rants. They actually believe democrats are the traitors here. We're the evil ones, sent here by their imaginary beings nemesis to force them into communism! One thing no one talks about too is the level of republican vote manipulation and intimidation tactics that were used during this election. It's ironic how loud they're yelling about the stolen vote while ignoring the fact that they're actually upset because they weren't successful in their attempt. The hypocrisy is on a level so high it's threatening a civil war and republicans are firmly on the side of the slavers, you know because they fly their confederate flags proudly wherever they go. Funny how the orators fanning the flames towards their followers are always wearing suits, live lavish lives and generally seem pretty well off compared to those that believe them, probably a coincidence I'm sure. It seems like an impossible problem to solve too, often the left's solution is to mute the problem but that's just leading to a level of censorship I'm not personally comfortable with. Not because I think it's wrong but because that's the start of a path that will definitely lead to a place where I think it'll be wrong. It's better to hear the things you'd rather not, because it's hateful or duplicitous, than not be able to hear the things that are true because they too have been censored. The world needs a mass education push for all humans to solve these bipartisan stances verging on the ridiculous. This guy deserves to be laughed off stage. That is the extent of the total outcome that should occur for giving a speech like that. Instead, he's basically suggesting civil war and his base is buying it.

Last edited by Κracus on 01-18-2021 11:28 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-15-2021 07:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TL; no paragraphs.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-15-2021 02:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That is a paragraph. Not everything is a tweet dude.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-15-2021 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you want anyone to read that, you'll make it more legible.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-15-2021 04:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can confirm, skipped the post.

Ffs, Kracus. We’re not savages...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-15-2021 04:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even I am having a problem and I don't complain that much :shrug:

MS Word, word count = 354

Quote:
How Many Words in a Paragraph?
As a writer, you may find yourself pondering the question, “How many words are in a paragraph?” Much like the number of sentences in a paragraph, there’s no single answer to this question. A rule of thumb answer is, “There are usually 100 to 200 words in a paragraph,” but a more accurate answer would be “It depends…” which isn’t particularly helpful. So let’s take a more in-depth look at word count, paragraphs and how it all works..................

Source

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-18-2021 10:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will Gramps be at the protests this week?

I’m worried about him. He’s been awfully silent as of late...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-18-2021 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those blue line boots don't lick themselves.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-18-2021 10:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Are you fucking kidding me? Pretty sure Russia will host that shit for free. Also, I said host it yourself, don't need to pay anyone then.

There you go
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN29N23N

Edit:
Unsurprisingly, it looks like the Russian ties were there from the beginning
https://twitter.com/davetroy/status/1327253991936454663

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-19-2021 05:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, so obvious.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-25-2021 07:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giuliani sued for $1.3 billion by Dominion Voting systems over false election fraud claims
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/25/us/p ... trump.html
hilarious

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-25-2021 09:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't read that story without creating an account with the NYT. Washington Post pulls the same shit.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/25/politics ... index.html

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-25-2021 09:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Copy the url and go to printfriendly.com :up:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 01-25-2021 04:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's a great tip MKJ, cheers :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.