Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump


Post new topicReply to topic
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC




Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
Joined: 01 Mar 2001
Posts: 19827
PostPosted: 07-11-2017 06:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


shaft wrote:
Reddit is selective stories posted and upvoted by an army of bots to whatever leaning sub you're in. All with spoon fed analysis from your community circle jerk echo chamber.

Anyone who gets their political news through it is a huge twat (memphis).

:olo:




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43067
PostPosted: 07-11-2017 09:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I'm sure r/TheDonald is an inspiration




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12169
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 08:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


A "broad range" of anti-sjw, alt-right conspiracy subs.




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12169
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 08:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote




upvotes for posting with his cosplay helmet and cool booze stash!




Top
                 

Etile
Etile
Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 34246
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


there's no such thing as unbiased news. bias is intrinsic to the very concept of telling a story, which involves decisions about what to include and what to leave out, i.e. biases

you'd be better off thinking critically about whatever you read, wherever it comes from, than go looking for some authentic source of unimpeachable truth you can believe in without question




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12169
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 08:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


seremtan wrote:
there's no such thing as unbiased news. bias is intrinsic to the very concept of telling a story, which involves decisions about what to include and what to leave out, i.e. biases

you'd be better off thinking critically about whatever you read, wherever it comes from, than go looking for some authentic source of unimpeachable truth you can believe in without question


Yes, but its harder to do that when you get your news from a site that puts the emphasis around the discussion of the news item more than the news itself. Especially when said discussion is neatly compartmentalize into your own echo chamber.




Top
                 

Etile
Etile
Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 34246
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


shaft wrote:
seremtan wrote:
there's no such thing as unbiased news. bias is intrinsic to the very concept of telling a story, which involves decisions about what to include and what to leave out, i.e. biases

you'd be better off thinking critically about whatever you read, wherever it comes from, than go looking for some authentic source of unimpeachable truth you can believe in without question


Yes, but its harder to do that when you get your news from a site that puts the emphasis around the discussion of the news item more than the news itself. Especially when said discussion is neatly compartmentalize into your own echo chamber.


and this is why i seldom visit sub-reddits

reddit isn't for news, it's for all the shit the news leaves out




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12169
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 12:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Memphis wrote:
This is why you haven't got the faintest clue..you personify the typical projection from the holier than thou ideologues. Do I disagree? NAZI! I won't talk to a NAZI. I'm better than a NAZI...


Sounds exactly like something a holier than thou ideologue would say. We can all judge you from your year long meme shitfest. You're the embodiment of woman hating pizza gating basement dwelling losers who photoshop memes all day for circle jerk upvotes. Yeah maaaaan like youre soooo woke....you only read the corporate-spawned narrative that your top kek fedora tipping twats upvote your way. Wasn't trumps sub shut down for harassing en masse and gaming the system with upvotes to push topics to the front page? I sure you did your part, comrade.




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12169
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 12:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Memphis wrote:
*although one may need to collapse the first bunch of headline-clinging agenda-shills, to get to the meat of any actual considered insight or rebuttals to any particular article posted.


wow, can't bear to read people calling out the bullshit and censorship from either in fair judgement? DOWNVOTE




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16055
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


shaft wrote:
Sounds exactly like something a holier than thou ideologue would say. We can all judge you from your year long meme shitfest. You're the embodiment of woman hating pizza gating basement dwelling losers who photoshop memes all day for circle jerk upvotes. Yeah maaaaan like youre soooo woke....you only read the corporate-spawned narrative that your top kek fedora tipping twats upvote your way. Wasn't trumps sub shut down for harassing en masse and gaming the system with upvotes to push topics to the front page? I sure you did your part, comrade.


:olo:




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43067
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 01:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I think reddit's the most important site on the interwebs. I get all fuzzy inside from r/aww, get a laugh out of r/funny, enjoy the nonsense at r/ShowerThoughts and God bless the poor souls at r/TIFU.




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43067
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 01:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Getting back on point, I have to say that despite Memphis supposedly being red-pilled-woke-up-enlightened and all that, he and his arguments come across like a 6 year old having a hissy fit. Not sure if that comes with the being enlightened and everything. Shaft seems that much more level-headed that I have much more faith in him getting a well balanced healthy news intake than Memphis.




Top
                 

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
Joined: 11 Aug 2000
Posts: 48276
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 01:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Memphis/health/balance. That's some fucked up shit right there.




Top
                 

Etile
Etile
Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 34246
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 02:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


President Trump :olo:




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12169
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 02:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Memphis wrote:
'member kids, shifty's just better than everyone else in the world who posts on any sub on reddit :|


There are tons of normal people and great subreddits. Just none of the ones that you frequent and repost here.




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12169
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 02:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I think we can all agree memphis used to just be a semi-cool video game nerd who role played xcom 80hrs a week and shared his antics here. Too bad he beat the game and filled that void in his life by joining some alt-right trump reddit meme cult. Now he's a total cunt.




Top
                 

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
Joined: 01 Mar 2001
Posts: 19827
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote





Top
                 

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
Joined: 01 Mar 2001
Posts: 19827
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 05:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


it's allegorical. everyone got that point except you somehow...




Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 34758
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 07:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


LOL that's even funnier than the vid itself.



_________________
YourGrandpa wrote:
I'm satisfied with voicing my opinion and moving on.


Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12169
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 08:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


:olo:




Top
                 

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
Joined: 02 Mar 2002
Posts: 1637
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 09:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


"these are good memes" :olo:




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43067
PostPosted: 07-13-2017 03:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I like all the try-hard slang Memphis is using. It's clearly a method of self-identifying with a particular group of people (the group of people using the same slang) and distancing himself from others.

It's similar to how teens pick up their own vocabulary to distance themselves from the "uncool" adults that aren't familiar with their specific brand of language.




Top
                 

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 496
PostPosted: 07-13-2017 07:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


"dude, its good memes"

:olo:




Top
                 

Etile
Etile
Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 34246
PostPosted: 07-13-2017 08:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


he should have said they were spicy, for extra REEEEEEEEEEEE :|




Top
                 

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
Joined: 11 Aug 2000
Posts: 48276
PostPosted: 07-13-2017 11:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


It's ok to walk around with weapons like that in public??




Top
                 

Etile
Etile
Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 34246
PostPosted: 07-14-2017 07:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


america has open carry states

a bit of 4x2 doesn't even qualify as a weapon




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24081
PostPosted: 07-14-2017 08:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


If Russia wanted to help Trump become President (for whatever reason), why are these Russians now coming out saying they attended meetings with Trump Jr? This will surely damage the Trumps and therefore will damage whatever advantage they wanted by having Trump in the White House. Unless all they wanted to do from the beginning was stir shit up and cause chaos. They damn sure doing that...




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12169
PostPosted: 07-14-2017 09:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


xer0s wrote:
Unless all they wanted to do from the beginning was stir shit up and cause chaos.


:idea:




Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 34758
PostPosted: 07-14-2017 09:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Yeah, they never actually expected Drumpf to win.



_________________
YourGrandpa wrote:
I'm satisfied with voicing my opinion and moving on.


Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12169
PostPosted: 07-14-2017 09:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


They really couldn't lose either way. Either it stayed a secret and Trump bettered our relations and lifted sanctions. Or we became a joke to the rest of the world and a bumbling idiot broke our democracy.




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24081
PostPosted: 07-14-2017 09:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I don't know. I just assumed they were banking on him to win so they could have him in their pocket...




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24081
PostPosted: 07-14-2017 09:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


shaft wrote:
They really couldn't lose either way. Either it stayed a secret and Trump bettered our relations and lifted sanctions. Or we became a joke to the rest of the world and a bumbling idiot broke our democracy.


I suppose you're right. Now that they've been ousted and the writing is on the wall, they said fuck it. Let's just fuck their shit up...




Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 34758
PostPosted: 07-14-2017 10:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Everybody's talking about Russia. That's what Putin was after.



_________________
YourGrandpa wrote:
I'm satisfied with voicing my opinion and moving on.


Top
                 

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
Joined: 11 Aug 2000
Posts: 48276
PostPosted: 07-14-2017 11:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


seremtan wrote:
america has open carry states

a bit of 4x2 doesn't even qualify as a weapon


Yeah but I thought that was hand guns




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43067
PostPosted: 07-14-2017 11:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


xer0s wrote:
If Russia wanted to help Trump become President (for whatever reason), why are these Russians now coming out saying they attended meetings with Trump Jr? This will surely damage the Trumps and therefore will damage whatever advantage they wanted by having Trump in the White House. Unless all they wanted to do from the beginning was stir shit up and cause chaos. They damn sure doing that...

Are the Russians coming out? Wasn't it Trump Jr tweeting the mails?




Top
                 
Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion


Post new topic Reply to topic


cron
Quake3World.com
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group